1.    #1  
    Ok, so heres the story with my 700w...

I was texting 3 people at once and stopped receiving texts around 3pm. I tried as I usually do to #3282 or just 0, because it will sometimes force texts to my phone. That didn't work.

I got off work, came home and tried to fix the phone. Did multiple soft resets, reprogrammed it several times, and removed the battery several times and then I got a call from one of the girls I was texting and said she had tried to reply to me and it just said that the network was not available, but it was fine on her end for other people. So, I attempted to do the 1.22 update (bad idea). It sat at the very last step for over a half hour, so I stopped the install, unplugged, did a soft reset and attempted to reinstall again. It said it was already installed and I couldn't do anything. So, I then backed up my phone and did a hard reset.

Now I'm at the point where my phone says "Phone Off", and when I try to turn the radio on, it goes to the Welcome screen but still displays Phone Off after its done.

Unfortunately, by the time all of this was done (5 hours later), Verizon's technical support was done for the night and I couldn't speak to anyone.

Before I go and see if possibly the Verizon store has a replacement 700w (unlikely, plus its the worst store service) and attempt to call Verizon and get a replacement phone, is there anything I can do? I'm using an old, 4 year old phone, but this one is having the text messaging problems as well; which probably just needed to be reset in the account by Verizon in the first place, but they couldn't authorize the account without the account holder present (my father). I'm just trying to see if I can fix this without all the bull****. I've already had this phone replace once, and as much as I love it... This is such a pain in the ***. The only problems I've had with it are with text messaging. Threaded SMS install or not.

Thanks for any help
    I have the Sprint 700wx, and mine did the same thing today.

The phone is powered up, but the actualy phone won't turn on. It just says "phone off", and whenever I try to turn it on the welcome screen flashes, but then it still says phone off.

Any help?
    Same thing happened to me on my 700W in January. Even after a hard reset the phone/internet would not work. After working with tech support, it was determined that the radio portion of the unit died. I was 4 weeks away from my warranty expiring and Verizon sent out a brand new W (without battery of course). I used a sprite backup and restored.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Call VZW CS. They will go through a bunch of steps to try. They will eventually give up. If the phone is under a year old they will send you a new one under warranty. Should have it in about 3 -4 days. They are usually pretty good about this. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    Call VZW CS. They will go through a bunch of steps to try. They will eventually give up. If the phone is under a year old they will send you a new one under warranty. Should have it in about 3 -4 days. They are usually pretty good about this. Good luck.
    Does Sprint do this also?
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    I don't know about Sprint. You would think that they would have a similar system. The only thing you could do is try. The worst that they could say is no.
  7.    #7  
    Ah, the radio went out... That makes horribly perfect sense. I couldn't think of why it would just randomly go out, but you know, I didn't even think about that one lol.

Does it have to be under warranty still, or does the insurance just not even matter when it comes to stuff like this? I think I had another replacement back in the fall of last year, so I'm pretty sure I'm still under warranty, but I'd hate to drop a few hundred dollars on a new phone when this is my second replacement on this phone and I've only had it since it came out, but my little LG never had anything wrong with it.

Thanks for the responses guys, that never really occurred to me.
  8.    #8  
    Well, I called Verizon and after a hard reset and trying to turn the radio back on, the tech just told me he was sending me a new phone. Easier said than done.

Thanks for all the help, gonna love carrying 2 phones on me for the next few days lol
    I called Sprint, and they told me I had to bring it into a store to be looked at.

Will having programs and what not void the warranty? Should I clear everything out, or no?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    This happened to me on 3 VZW WX's. VZW replaced them all no questions asked
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    You should backup what you can and take them off. They will probably do a hard reset at the store and lose them anyway.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Just another thought. If you have an aftermarket battery in you should put the original back in. Verizon has given me a hard time about that before. They have never looked to see what programs where on the unit though. Good luck!