1.    #1  
    Hey - Just in the last few days the Storage card has been duplicating itself. If you look at file explore it list "storage card" and "storage card 2" Storage card 2 contains the actual info. When the "Storage Card" is deleted and the card is removed "Storage Card 2" comes back as "Storage Card" and everything is fine. I don't think it is the missing card issue? Any thoughts? All programs are closed too.

Thanks!
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    It happens when the miniSD card is gone temporarily. One of your apps (e.g. Pocket Outlook) tries to access Storage Card and it isn't there. The app instead creates a "Storage Card" folder on the device. When the miniSD card re-appears, the 'real' storage card is now named as "Storage Card 2". Once you delete the "Storage Card" folder on the device and re-insert the miniSD card, the 'real' storage card is now named (appropriately) "Storage Card" without a 2.

This has been a reported problem of Treo 750 on WM5.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info. It is just odd that I have had the phone 2 months and never had issues. Maybe that wm6 will fix it.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    I had this issue as well, and found the cause was that I told outlook to dump all attachments to the storage card.

Once I unchecked that, all is well.
  5.    #5  
    So it was the attachments? Cool. I thought something went bad with the sprite back. I give that a try!

Thank you!

George Orwell.
    Thanks for the tip, and seems very logical since the only data on the duplicated SD was mail attachments and nothing else. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyg4 View Post
    Thanks for the tip, and seems very logical since the only data on the duplicated SD was mail attachments and nothing else. Thank you!
    Glad I could help.
    Is there a fix to the problem? I have alot of mail attachments and need to store my attachments to the memory stick along with alot of programs that are in the SD card.
    If the SD is renamed to storrage card 2 then my programs will not startup.

Stuck!

Catfish
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adachik View Post
    Is there a fix to the problem? I have alot of mail attachments and need to store my attachments to the memory stick along with alot of programs that are in the SD card.
    If the SD is renamed to storrage card 2 then my programs will not startup.

Stuck!

Catfish
    If you're still on WM5, there's no real fix for it. Some people claim that they have better luck with a different miniSD card. YMMV.

The way I 'fixed' the problem was to load up the unofficial WM6 ROM. No more disappearing or "Storage Card" duplicating itself. FYI: I am still using the same miniSD card (mine is Kingston).

Installing WM6 'may' be risky to some folks as it's not an official update from Palm or AT&T. So I'm not encouraging anyone to do it without thinking twice and realizing what you're diving into. (That is: you're now warned!)
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  10.    #10  
    Does the Sprite Back up do this? I got a second card and delted all mail accounts on the 750. It still duplicates itself. I guess I may have to wait to WM6? It is not that big of a hassel. I have been very impressed with the phones reliability

George Orwell.