Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 81
  1. #61  
    Could someone check how much free memory the WM6 750 has after a reboot? Not storage, but Program Memory. Preferably on a 750 without much 3rd party memory resident apps, but I'll take either, thanks!
  2. #62  
    With the WM6 upgrade, does the 240x240 go up to 320x20?
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  3. m5rahul's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Could someone check how much free memory the WM6 750 has after a reboot? Not storage, but Program Memory. Preferably on a 750 without much 3rd party memory resident apps, but I'll take either, thanks!
    TOTAL..... 48.67 MB
    IN USE..... 20.63 MB
    FREE.....28.04 MB

    No 3rd Party Apps installed!


    After a few minutes of usage:

    TOTAL....48.67 MB
    IN USE....22.70
    FREE....25.97

    Ever since I upgraded/flashed to WM6, I notice the Program Memory usage is extremely dynamic.. which was not the case with WM5

    Checked again after about 5 minutes...

    TOTAL...48.67 MB
    IN USE...21.52 MB
    FREE...27.15 MB

    All these readings are right after a soft-reset and Active-Sync, Messaging et all stopped!
  4. m5rahul's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #64  
    Phone: Treo 750

    Carrier: AT&T

    Other: PDA is Unlocked
  5. m5rahul's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    With the WM6 upgrade, does the 240x240 go up to 320x20?
    Nope, while WM6 supports the 320x320 resolution, the 750 is 240x240 and will remain 240x240..
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by M5Rahul View Post
    All these readings are right after a soft-reset and Active-Sync, Messaging et all stopped!
    Great info, thanks!
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by M5Rahul View Post
    TOTAL..... 48.67 MB
    IN USE..... 20.63 MB
    FREE.....28.04 MB

    No 3rd Party Apps installed!


    After a few minutes of usage:

    TOTAL....48.67 MB
    IN USE....22.70
    FREE....25.97

    Ever since I upgraded/flashed to WM6, I notice the Program Memory usage is extremely dynamic.. which was not the case with WM5

    Checked again after about 5 minutes...

    TOTAL...48.67 MB
    IN USE...21.52 MB
    FREE...27.15 MB

    All these readings are right after a soft-reset and Active-Sync, Messaging et all stopped!
    WM6 has caching on one or two things set by default, so I wouldn't be surprised if after a little bit of use your "FREE" memory goes down. It holds some info in the memory so that next time in can quickly boot or do a function that you tend to do repeatedly.
  8. Rino808's Avatar
    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #68  
    okay for those of you that are haveing yor sms typing slowing down while you type i think i have found the fix....\

    goto start/settings/personal/input/word completion....now just clear the stored entries...with that done no lagg for me while typing...i also set the suggested words to 2....hope this helps...
  9. #69  
    I have almost one week since I upgrade it to WM6. Definitely battery drain is an issue. I opened a new thread (Toggle between UMTS and GSM) to ask about a way to put a toggle switch on today screen to quick change from UMTS to GSM band, in order to save some power when 3G is not neccesary.

    Up today most of my applications worked. Otherwise, HTC X-Button 1.5 works but lost Send button history functionalily.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstevens View Post
    I had this issue with WM5. It seemed to happen when I first turned on the phone. I believe it is caused by process running in the background like when Fizz Weather and NewsBreak are updating.

    Two other things I noticed with WM6:

    First, it seems that the headset volume has increased. This alone is worth the upgrade!!!! Second, the notify tone is different and not as loud as the WM5 tone, so Iím attaching the old WM5 tone(changed the name to notify 2). I use this tone for email notifications.

    Iím still having an issue with the noise reduction mic clipping sound in loud places. Hopefully someone from Palm will read this and fix in the final release.


    I turned auto complete off and it seemed to help out tremendously. It was bugging me also.
  11. #71  
    one day on wm6 and love it.
  12. #72  
    I haven't been able to find WM6 for the Treo 750 anywhere on palm's site. Is it still XDA only? When will this thing be officially released??? Thanks...
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

    Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

  13. Rino808's Avatar
    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #73  
    its not released yet on palm...looks like its gonna be sept / oct...and yes it was on xda...but i think palm made them kill the link...do a search there, its there somewhere...hope this helps.
  14. #74  
    I guess it'll still be 240x240 max. res. even with WM6?
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

    Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    I guess it'll still be 240x240 max. res. even with WM6?
    Probably. I'd imagine its a hardware limitation of the 750. Not to mention they need some reason for you to buy the next Treo with WM6 pre-loaded.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    I guess it'll still be 240x240 max. res. even with WM6?
    WM6 supports 320x320, but the 750's hardware only supports 240x240. You would have to put a different screen and get the phone to recognize and use it to get the 320x320. Shadomite was working on this a while back, but I'm not sure how far he got.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  17. #77  
    There is supposed to be a "Treo 750 refresh" on AT&T near the end of this year (2007.) We all HOPE it'll come with a 320x320 screen, but who knows. For all we know it'll just include WM6 instead of have to upgrade to WM6 and nothing different. We'll see.
  18. Dmunjal's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    WM6 supports 320x320, but the 750's hardware only supports 240x240. You would have to put a different screen and get the phone to recognize and use it to get the 320x320. Shadomite was working on this a while back, but I'm not sure how far he got.
    I wonder if I could take a Treo 650 screen and move it to a 750 with WM6?
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmunjal View Post
    I wonder if I could take a Treo 650 screen and move it to a 750 with WM6?
    At first I thought this sounded crazy but as luck would have it I have an old 650 laying around that I could hack up. Hmmm....tempting.
  20. #80  
    I am in the same boat. I have my 650 as my backup phone. I thought WM6 supported resolutions all the way to VGA (640x480), but for the Treo, 320x320 is probably perfect. I sure liked it on my 650. And I'd definitely be in the market for a Treo Refresh or whatever to get the resolution. Makes quite a bit of difference. I know nothing about how to transfer a screen. I am a software guy. Hmm...your thoughts?
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

    Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions