Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Listen to this one.......
    Successfully upgraded my Vodafone branded unlocked 750 to the new WM6 software. Since I am dependent on Blackberry Emails,(which ran great before the upgrade), Could not get it to work with wm6.
    I listed the unit on Ebay indicating the wm6 upgrade.
    2 hours after listing it, Ebay CANCELLED my listing because of a Complaint by PALM of patent infringement!!!!!!!
    Who are they kidding..............
    Quote Originally Posted by amexman View Post
    2 hours after listing it, Ebay CANCELLED my listing because of a Complaint by PALM of patent infringement!!!!!!!
    Who are they kidding..............
    Flash it back to WM5.
    I have been extremely happy with the WM6 upgrade. Much more stable with the 3rd party app.'s im running. Also enjoy the small number of enhancements to built-in MS applications. Would never go back to WM5.
    i really like the wm6 update. looks much better and performs pretty well.

though i do have one problem that i cant seem to find an answer to. i set up my poutlook to use gmail just like i have always done, but now when i try to send emails with attachments, it says that the message could not be sent. check that you have netowrk coverage and that your account info is correct.

i've never gotten this before and it only happens with emails that have attachments. every other email works fine.

any ideas?

update: got it to work. I erased the message from the outbox. reset the treo. created new message. attached file. repeated the above steps about 6 times, and then on the 7th or 8th time, it worked and keeps working. wacky. definitely happy with wm6 and the hspda (sp?) connection. makes using sling actually bearable!
    Last edited by methad; 08/02/2007 at 05:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Just curious, are you in a 3G area? Most of the time, I am.

It seems as though others are experiencing the same issue:
    Yes, I'm for example. And as you I am using EAS with an Exchange 2007 Server and I am in an 3G area the whole day. And i've noticed the same problem you have: decrease in battery life about 20%.

Palm Treo 750 (unlocked)
    ROM: TREO750-1.16-H3G
    FW: 1.47.25.00
    Windows Mobile Version 6
    CE OS 5.2.1239 WWE (Build 17746.0.2.4)
    Amexman, did you try the BlackBerry Connect 4.0 (BBConnect_WM6_Pro_4.0.0.90.cab) posted here?: http://www.sems.org/entry.asp?ENTRY_ID=248

This one seems to be WM6Pro specific.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by methad View Post
    though i do have one problem that i cant seem to find an answer to. i set up my poutlook to use gmail just like i have always done, but now when i try to send emails with attachments, it says that the message could not be sent. check that you have netowrk coverage and that your account info is correct.
    I have the same problem. I even tried without SSL.

EDIT: Same problem even with my Exchange account! Weird!
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    I'll tell you this:

I'm running vgsmail for my push email and Octrotalk is on most of the time for IM.

The combination seems to drain my battery a bit quicker in WM6 than in WM5.

I'm going to try taking out one or both temporarily to see if the battery lasts longer.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    how do i format to fat32?

Via treo- if you have a card reader format the fat32 off your pc just right click on your drive and pull down format card.

Fred
    I am finding no major change in battery life always carry a spare battery with me anyway have not had the need to use it yet, and i am using my treo alot since the upgrade it is like a new toy.

Fred
    I saw a couple of people who said that their internet settings were done automaticaly without having to manualy input them themselves.

Mine hasn't.. Is it a provider specific thing or is there a way for me to initialize this? I tried several times to put my settings manualy but to no avail and when i called my phone provider they said: "here's the settings, cant help you, bye bye now."
    My battery life has decreased aboput 20% as well. Also, for the guy that says battery charging isnt a WM6, it is. You might not have an original Palm USB cable.
    Roll Tide Crowdawg!!!!
    Lock and Load!
    Quote Originally Posted by petesonline View Post
    JCB, please post your disagreements with this update. I noticed in your post you went back to wm5, because of issues. This update has been rock solid and a huge improvement for most people and we would like to hear the unsuccessful experience in detail to see if they may be an issue for us too. Don't just post negative comments with no explination.
    I posted a link where I explained what happened to me. Let me spill it out here again:

1) PO was not retrieving messages in 15 min intervals, which is my standard set-up. I have 2 email accounts:gmail and IMAP for work;

2) My programs didn't upload until my third hard reset. I don't load many apps to avoid screwing up my configuration, so I only have xscapular, risidoro midlet manager with opera mini and mobile gmail; HTC button for closing apps and PDNET; I changed my calendar view to monthly with instructions from Hannip in some other thread. I also backed up my SMS messages, saving my Palm Vol file as informed in another thread. That was I installed.

3) Performance was always sluggish and I noticed it took longer to power the phone after a soft reset. Not even xscapular fixed the problem;

4) My device specially froze everytime I tried to download email images on either of the accounts;

5)My device froze whenever I tried to go from one task to the other.

I depend on my Treo a lot. I am truly sorry this update didn't work for me. I am desperate for html viewing in my emails. I am always on the road and I depend on my emails.

I am willing to try it again later on, depending on everybody elses experiences. I hope this message was detailed enough.
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
    Wow, I've had none of those problems except that it takes an entire 1 min longer to boot than WM5 did. I hope/assume this will be shorter in the final release.
    I've used 10 min up to 30 min update schedules and they seem to work. I haven't had one freeze, crash, or misbehaved application. The more I use it the more it proves that it's working pretty solidly, for me.

I'm really enjoying the HTML email. For this one function alone I won't go back to WM5.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post
    I have the same problem. I even tried without SSL.

EDIT: Same problem even with my Exchange account! Weird!
    Suggest you try setting up your name and password separately for your outgoing mail server setting. This solved my outgoing mail problem. Using same name/pwd as incoming mail server selection did not work for me... got me the same error message.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stanip View Post
    Suggest you try setting up your name and password separately for your outgoing mail server setting. This solved my outgoing mail problem. Using same name/pwd as incoming mail server selection did not work for me... got me the same error message.
    Thanks. But I already have separate settings for incoming and outgoing. Besides, the problem also exists for my Exchange account - of which has only one way to set up username, domain, and password. BTW, I have no issue just sending, replying, or forwarding plain emails. The issue is with attachment. I can't forward an email with attachment (or embedded graphics) neither. So are you saying that you have no problems sending emails with attachments?
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepThought View Post
    Yes, I'm for example. And as you I am using EAS with an Exchange 2007 Server and I am in an 3G area the whole day. And i've noticed the same problem you have: decrease in battery life about 20%.
    The same problem here.

I've tried to do the Treo 680's battery reset (I don't know if it works, or if it's just an urban legend, or if will work on Treo 750). I'll tell you if batery life increases later.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970 View Post
    Amexman, did you try the BlackBerry Connect 4.0 (BBConnect_WM6_Pro_4.0.0.90.cab) posted here?: http://www.sems.org/entry.asp?ENTRY_ID=248

This one seems to be WM6Pro specific.
    Yes, It did not work.. Get a pin, but will not connect.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    I hope/assume this will be shorter in the final release.
    If Palm releases the official upgrade next week as expected, I have a hard time believing that the XDA is not the latest code.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast