1.    #1  
    I havent had my 700wx for a year now. Last week the speakers stopped working. I'd answer a call no sound, tried media player, no sound. The only way it'll work is if I have my ear buds in.

It'll make the sounds when I put in a SD card or when I go to 'sound & notifications" menu and play each sound. But still no calls or music. When someone calls the ringer does work.

I havent touched anything in the settings and I've tried changing everything.

It hasnt been dropped hard and hasnt been in water.

Any ideas?
    Don't have an answer, but it certainly sounds like a software issue not hardware if it stil works some of the time. That is good news, which means, even if it requires a hard reset, you should be able to get it working. Maybe others have more specific things to try.
    the ear bud jacks are known to fail and cause this. when you pull out the jack, it should turn the speakers back on...it doesn't.
    And Paul G just stated the answer. Plug your headphones in and give them a little wiggle while the media player is working until you get sound.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    so weird, just had this happen to me yesterday for the first time, I thought for sure my treo was busted... but I Was using headphones, which I guess explains it.

Thanks a bunch!
  6.    #6  
    Got it to work. Its under warranty so I'm gonna try to get a new one. This is the newest problem. It also keeps displaying messages for me to view pics or media player files ever so often when I hit the power button. Its annoying.