Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Title sez most of it. Anyone gotten it to work under wm6? Install went smooth, but can't make dun work either from usb or bt.

Clues welcome.

j
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    OK, I have made some progress. The connections are not vitual modems done a la DUN. They are virtual network connection. Set ISC to Bluetooth PAN and ISC, on the PC tell BT to connect to a Personal Area Network, viola!

The USB connection is more problematic. It appears to cycle between the virtual adapter used for activesync and the ics connection which actually works BUT QUICK, before it cycles back to the other adapter. On the PC you can listen to the successive be-bops of connect/disconnect and in the network connection center on the PC watch as the adapters appear and disappear.

Sooo, now we know why its called testing and what betas are for. This clearly needs some more work to be ready for prime time. But the BT connection works well and is stable. BTW, PC on this end is running Vista.

Other than that, and except for my EXTREME disappointment that I STILL can't get HTML email with WM6 and Exchange Server 2003SP2, all works just fine.
    BTW, there is a way to install the old system also.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1211308

Surur
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Interesting, thanks.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    ISC over USB worked flawlessly for me. I simply opened the Internet Sharing program, selected USB and ICS and clicked Connect. Windows recognized the new device and after a few seconds, I was connected. I used it for about 10 minutes with no problems.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Is there a difference between connecting to "At&t" vs. "ICS"? Just curiuos.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    AT&T would be connecting to the wireless carrier. ICS is to share the connection with a PC. Where are you seeing these together?
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    AT&T, ICS and Proxy are the choices under "network connection" in the ICS program.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Ah, I see. Well, I think AT&T is the wireless connection, Proxy is the "work" network. I'm uncertain what these mean in the ICS program.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    ISC over USB worked flawlessly for me. I simply opened the Internet Sharing program, selected USB and ICS and clicked Connect. Windows recognized the new device and after a few seconds, I was connected. I used it for about 10 minutes with no problems.
    May i ask what operating system you are using?
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Ah, I see. Well, I think AT&T is the wireless connection, Proxy is the "work" network. I'm uncertain what these mean in the ICS program.
    ICS is internet connection sharing. It is what you want for the purpose we are discussing in this thread, connecting the computer to the internet via the cellphone's data connection.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I'm using WM6, which is what this thread is about, and I know what ICS is. What I am not sure is what the other choices in the Internet Sharing do for Internet Sharing.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I'm using WM6, which is what this thread is about, and I know what ICS is. What I am not sure is what the other choices in the Internet Sharing do for Internet Sharing.
    i meant on the computer, not the 750.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Oh. I am using Windows XP and ActiveSync 4.5.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Oh. I am using Windows XP and ActiveSync 4.5.
    As I suspected, I brought up ICS under XP and it worked fine, but under Vista it continues to cycle on and off. So it looks like this is a Vista WMDC issue.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I was successful tonite establishing a PAN connection via BT *after* I installed new Widcomm drivers on my laptop.

Once I got thru all that, I went to "Internet Sharing under Programs on WM6, selected, "Bluetooth PAN" and "AT&T",pressed connect>> then opened my "Bluetooth Places" folder and connected thru "Network Access Point on <computername>" connected right up and all is good.

I guess others have this going, but I haven't seen much about BT connections in WM6, not that I looked very hard I know this isn't a DUN, but thought it may be helpful...???

Edit: also connected quickly and easily with "USB" and "AT&T" selected.... I do like how easy Internet conn. sharing is in WM6

good luck!
    Last edited by jbstix; 08/04/2007 at 02:10 AM.
    jbstix
    Moto V551>>Treo 650>>8525>>
    Treo 750 - WM6!
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Finally got around to trying all this on the laptop under vista and have had no problems with the USB or BT. Must be something local on the desktop. I too like this method of connecting better. Its easier and more reliable.

By the way, on the BT tray icon, if you right mouse click, "Join a Personal Area Network" ought to be an option. A few less clicks to get started.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    well i have tried this with xp...i can connect flawlessly with usb and ATT...with usb and ics it cycles through and give me an error...are you guys editing the setting in the ics on the 750??? if so what are you guys editing??? thanks in advanced...and is there a speed difference in ics and ATT??
    There is no speed difference between "ICS" and "AT&T" connection profiles under the internet sharing. The only difference in the two is that "AT&T" uses the wap.cingular APN (which uses a NATTed IP address... similar to how you would be using a broadband connection at home behind a router) and "ICS" uses the isp.cingular APN which gives you a real IP address.

When I first upgraded to WM6 and started using the internet sharing application, I was able to use the "ICS" profile with no problem. Now, it cycles through the connection like some of you have described. I'm now using the "AT&T" profile with no problems.

The only reason you would need to using the isp.cingular APN is if you have a specific VPN software (or some other application) that doesnt like to be used through a NATTed IP address. I don't have an issue accessing my company's VPN via the NATTed APN so YMMV.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    well i have used att connection with usb flawlessly, but now it cycles through and dissconnects...i am on a vista computer...what is going on...anyone had this happen to them...if so what did you do to solve this??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast