Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I got this to work on my 750 with WM6 and my laptop running Windows Vista.

I set up the pairing first, I assigned an 8 character passkey.

I opened internet sharing on the 750 ans selected Bluetooth PAN and made the network AT&T.

I hit connect on the laptop and connect on the pan in the network connections and it connected fast.

Speeds are in the 800's....
    I'm having problems getting internet sharing to work on my Treo. When I connect the USB cable to my Vista laptop and click connect on the phone, the computer needs a driver of some sort, and asks me to insert "the disc that came with my Treo". Why am I being asked to install new hardware and need a driver to get this to work? By the way, the Treo is already set up to sync with the laptop and syncing works fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    GOT IT! Through a combination of several postings in this thread and others, I finally got the WM6 Bluetooth Internet Sharing to work with Vista and connect through ATT. Here's what I did:

1. Set up the pairing on the Treo 750 with the unbranded version of WM6
    2. Deselected ActiveSync in the Partnership Settings window of the BT pairings window
    3. Called up Internet Sharing and set the PC Connection to Bluetooth PAN and the Network Connection to ATT
    4. On the Vista laptop, I went into Bluetooth Devices in Control Panel and Added the Treo as a phone.
    5. IMPORTANT - during the setup, i configured an eight character passkey. Without it, Vista will not find the phone for the connection, later.
    6. All of the above settings should remain in place. The next section should be all that is required for future connections...
    7. Clicked on the Connect button on the Treo's Internet Sharing
    8. Right clicked on the Bluetooth icon in the system tray on the laptop and selected Join a Personal Area Network
    9. and then clicked on Connect.

That was it. Sounds harder than it really is.

Diverguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    well i have used att connection with usb flawlessly, but now it cycles through and dissconnects...i am on a vista computer...what is going on...anyone had this happen to them...if so what did you do to solve this??

Wm6 is a good upgrade, Vista is a crappy prebeta OS, is an expensive, bloated, slow, unstable XP downgrade.

I'm bored. In these days I spent my work time in formatting notebooks and upgrading them to win XP.

And yes, treo with vm6 is unusable in vista via usb, the only way is going trough BT PAN, but the price is the lower speed ot bt 1.x connection.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Okay, I got it working too, but I'm not getting this ICS and PAN stuff.

What I want to do is connect to my PC from my 750 via BT to use my DSL line for internet access from my phone when I'm home.

So what's this business with the network setting in the ICS setup? Why can't I just connect to a PAN on my PC via BT, without the phone radio being on, and the data connection established?

When I do exactly what is in this thread, everything connects up fine. Vista shows the BT PAN network connection. When I use PIE on my phone, though, it's obviously going through the cellular data connection, not the PAN connection to my PC.

I'm quite confused.
    What I want to do is connect to my PC from my 750 via BT to use my DSL line for internet access from my phone when I'm home.
    This is not what we are speaking about.

If you want to browse the net trough the adsl connection you have just to configure activasync via BT and conect (and works in wm5 too).
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Set up the pairing on the Treo 750 with the unbranded version of WM6
    I GOT THIS PART DOWN
    Deselected ActiveSync in the Partnership Settings window of the BT pairings window
    I ASSUME THIS IS WHEN THE BT CONNECTS, I SAW 4 OR 5 OPTIONS TO CHECK OFF. I.E. DIAL UP NETWORK, ETC.?

Called up Internet Sharing and set the PC Connection to Bluetooth PAN and the Network Connection to ATT

I HAD THIS AS BLUETOOTH PAN AND MY NETWORK IS TMOBILE OR TZONES.
    IT SAYS CAN NOT CONNECT. ENSURE YOUR PHONE IS CORRECTLY CONFIGURED...

On the Vista laptop, I went into Bluetooth Devices in Control Panel and Added the Treo as a phone.
    IMPORTANT - during the setup, i configured an eight character passkey. Without it, Vista will not find the phone for the connection, later.
    All of the above settings should remain in place. The next section should be all that is required for future connections...

I ADDED THE PHONE AND CHECKED THE ACCESS POINT NUMBER ONLY.
    Clicked on the Connect button on the Treo's Internet Sharing
    Right clicked on the Bluetooth icon in the system tray on the laptop and selected Join a Personal Area Network
    and then clicked on Connect.
    I DIDNT SEE A PERSONAL AREA NETWORK IN THE SYSTEM TRAY. i JUST OPENED MY BLUETOOTH PLACES AND CLICKED ON THE APN THEN I CLICKED CONNECT AND THEY BOTH CONNECTED.

BUT WHEN I TRIED THE ICS, IT DIDNT WORK (WHAT AM I MISSING?)

i AM TRYING TO SET UP MY TREO TO "CONNECT" TO THE COMPUTER (VIA BLUETOOTH) AND THEN USE THE COMPUTER'S INTERNET (SINCE IT'S MUCH FASTER THAN MY EDGE NETWORK)- HOW DO i DO THIS? THANKS.
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    AT&T, ICS and Proxy are the choices under "network connection" in the ICS program.

I only see "pc connection" as usb or bluetooth PAN (which I want), but then I see "network connectioon" as tmobile. There is no way to tell it otherwise? (i.e. network connection on computer is different than tmobile-)
    Lance
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    I tried add new connection, then chose add device and it sees my bluetooth device on my pc, and when I connected, it asked "partnership settings"- select services to use from this device. its all blank.

On the pc side, the LAN popped up for bluetooth under my network settings so it seems ok.
    Doubleclicking on my bluetooth icon brings up my bluetooth places and i see my "NAP" set up.
    But when I doubleclick on that, it says can not conenct when both sides are set up as NAP's.
    What am I missing here?
    (bluttooth configuration shows that everything is manual start up EXCEPT the network access is set to automatically)

on the LAN Bluetooth pc side, I already have allow device to access the internet/lan enabled.
    Lance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12