Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    On XDA, I've notices that a couple of people mentioned the following issues - just wanted to see if it widespread - before I attempt to upgrade my treo...

    1. The IMEI number changes - 2 extra characters are added.
    2. Touchscreen becomes iffy - freezes at times.
    3. When scrolling the menus, you no longer get that click sound.

    Additionally, it's being asked before - however I didn't see a definite answer, but if you encounter problems, can you go back to WM5. I know some have said to go to palm site and download WM5 - I checked, it's not available. The one up there is the Vodophone version.

    Thanks for your input!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by romeo91003 View Post
    On XDA, I've notices that a couple of people mentioned the following issues - just wanted to see if it widespread - before I attempt to upgrade my treo...

    1. The IMEI number changes - 2 extra characters are added.
    2. Touchscreen becomes iffy - freezes at times.
    3. When scrolling the menus, you no longer get that click sound.

    Additionally, it's being asked before - however I didn't see a definite answer, but if you encounter problems, can you go back to WM5. I know some have said to go to palm site and download WM5 - I checked, it's not available. The one up there is the Vodophone version.

    Thanks for your input!
    1. Yes, I have two additional digits (20) after my IMEI
    2. Haven't noticed that yet
    3. Yes, appears that is the case

    Haven't seen a CNG/ATT WM5 ROM floating around, so I think the answer at this point is no, unless you want to flash the Vodaphone version
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3. #3  
    I haven't even found a vodafone version. I've been looking in Palm UK and Vodafone UK. Can anyone point me in the direction of these files?
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
  4. URPREY's Avatar
    Posts
    166 Posts
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    #4  
    The lack of a menu click sound was an issue when the first WM6 upgrades started leaking for the 8525 also. I have a cab file that restores them on the 8525. If someone wants to try it on the 750, here it is:

    It just adds a couple of sound files and makes a registry change, but as always, use at your own risk
    Attached Files Attached Files

    iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
    The lack of a menu click sound was an issue when the first WM6 upgrades started leaking for the 8525 also. I have a cab file that restores them on the 8525. If someone wants to try it on the 750, here it is:

    It just adds a couple of sound files and makes a registry change, but as always, use at your own risk
    No need for that. Just go to Sounds and Notifications and configure it there. Actually there was a bug in WM5. Even with Screen taps configured NOT to sound, they did sound. WM6 corrects this. If you want them to sound, just check the appropriate checkbox.
  6. #6  
    I haven't had any trouble getting the touch screen to recognize a tap with WM6. There have definitely been sever several improvements and no drawbacks that I've found.
  7. cjacks519's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #7  
    I haven't found any drawbacks either, or noticed any of the issues people keep describing on my device. Works like a charm for me!
  8. #8  
    I can't seem to find the setting for turning OFF the box that says dial by name or number.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    I can't seem to find the setting for turning OFF the box that says dial by name or number.
    Look to your other post for the location to Hide Lookup Field. SAME place as before... nothings changed here.
  10. jwebb56's Avatar
    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    #10  
    The so called 2 extra numbers in the IMEI were always there in WM5 too. My IMEI number did not change. What does change though is the device id that programs like Opera and (I think) TomTom use to key their registration numbers too. That means you have to contact the suppliers of those software packages to get new registration numbers.

    The only bug I encountered was of my own doing. I tried to reload my PIM data from a WM5 backup -- bad idea. Tasks and Appointments came through fine but it hosed up the contacts such that it wouldn't open. A hard reset and loading the PIM information through an ActiveSync solved the problem.

    BTW, reloading my software was not a huge deal. 13 of my 18 programs reloaded very quickly after the ActiveSync was established using the Tools - Add/Remove Programs menu pick. The other 5 loaded from cab programs on my miniSD card. Another 15 minutes to re-enter registration numbers and I was all set.

    This load of WM6 runs great and is a big improvement for the TREO 750.
  11. #11  
    What is the best way to handle favorites when you flash a new rom? can they be stored on a sd card and if so how do you put them there?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by romeo91003 View Post
    Additionally, it's being asked before - however I didn't see a definite answer, but if you encounter problems, can you go back to WM5. I know some have said to go to palm site and download WM5 - I checked, it's not available. The one up there is the Vodophone version.

    Thanks for your input!
    Can you please give a URL for the Vodafone version of WM5 please?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    What is the best way to handle favorites when you flash a new rom? can they be stored on a sd card and if so how do you put them there?
    Yes I always keep a copy of my favorites folder on my card. Just highlight the favorites folder and copy to the card, then after the update copy the favorites folder and then paste it into the windows folder.
  14. edmc's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    What is the best way to handle favorites when you flash a new rom? can they be stored on a sd card and if so how do you put them there?
    Me, I let ActiveSync additionally sync My Favorites
    - side benefit: they are then available on my IE desktop browser
  15.    #15  
    Thanks guys! Do appreciate your input - seems like the flash is stable enough...unfortunately, I am a tad busy today at the office, so I will have to flash mine when I get home...Thanks again - I'll post the results and follow up questions...

    Btw, from XDA - CIN/ATT WM5 - http://rapidshare.com/files/16438750...ngular_ROM.zip - in case anyone needs to go back to the original
  16. TazUk's Avatar
    Posts
    689 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwebb56 View Post
    What does change though is the device id that programs like Opera and (I think) TomTom use to key their registration numbers too. That means you have to contact the suppliers of those software packages to get new registration numbers.
    Yep I can confirm that, had to get new activation codes for TomTom Navigator 6, annoying but nothing major.

    I've noticed that my speed dials don't always work, sometimes I get the search box pop up with loads of 1's or whatever number I'm holding down appear. Need to be a bit more scientific and make notes on when it works and when it doesn't
  17.    #17  
    When doing the hard reset - you are removing all data - I am assuming that means your contacts - besides syncing your phone contacts with Outlook - is there another way to back them up that will allow you to retrieve them after the reset?

    Thanks!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by romeo91003 View Post
    When doing the hard reset - you are removing all data - I am assuming that means your contacts - besides syncing your phone contacts with Outlook - is there another way to back them up that will allow you to retrieve them after the reset?

    Thanks!
    What's the problem with syncing with Outlook?
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by romeo91003 View Post
    When doing the hard reset - you are removing all data - I am assuming that means your contacts - besides syncing your phone contacts with Outlook - is there another way to back them up that will allow you to retrieve them after the reset?

    Thanks!
    Yes I seem to recall that either spbbackup or sprit offer the option to do a selective restore. That would work. When you install the program install it to the card and go through the motions to make sure the selective restore is an option. Sorry I don't remember which one it was. You don't have to buy the program. You can simply us the trial of spb for this purpose. I think we actually get Sprite for free.
  20. #20  
    Sprite is free (it's on your installation CD) and it does let you do selective backup. Just set it to Advanced mode.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions