Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1597
    Hi All and thanks for the great programs.
    I installed last night... but i have a question.
    How do you soft reset a Sprint Motorola Q9C phone?
    What i did was turn the phone off, waited a bit and turned it back on.
    The videos looked and played great but i couldnt get any sound.

1. How to soft reset Sprint Motorola Q9C?
    2. No sound while playing video.

and yes the volume was turned up.

Thanks,
    MrLorider
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlorider View Post

Thanks,
    MrLorider
    I don't have a Q9C, but... try removing the battery for a couple of seconds and then replacing it. That oughta do it.

-Frank
    Thanks for the reply Frank,

I did what you suggested, but i still have no sound when i play a you tube video.

Keith
    Thanks for the reply Frank,

I did what you suggested, but i still have no sound when i play a you tube video.

Keith
    Okay, I know this is gonna sound stupid, but... are you positive that your device volume is turned up? (not for the phone voice, but the device)

Also, you might want to list any other apps you have installed.

Also, does your external (speaker) sound work on other apps?

Failing all that, have you tried uninstalling all (TCP/MP & Flashplayer). Then reinstalling all?

That's all I can offer. Maybe someone else who actually owns a Q9C can chime in.

-Frank
    Umm im new here but im having a slight problem opening the videodites link in the programs menu

when i click on it it generates an error saying" The file videosites cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its components cannot be found. if the problem persists try reinstalling or restoring the file"

any ideas whats wrong??
    can i just go directly to the youtube site or will it make any differance??
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

Thanks,
    MrLorider

Hey I had that same problame in the past...
    For me it just started working all of a sudden but zbop refered me here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1033

by the way this thread is huge try searching for your problame its probably been asked before and it will give you a answer right away!
    -Devin
    Nice work zbop you are a genius, the app works flawlessly on my sprint htc touch. A little pinwheel wait from time to time but no big deal.

Does anybody know if it will work with the sprint palm centro? My brother is thinking about getting it but will not if this app wont work on it.

Thanks in advance for a response.
  9.    #1289  
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinF View Post
    Zbop just as always now that your back keeping up to date on this thread and i just wanted to say since not many are taking the time to say this...
    thanx so much for designing and supporting this program it really is the best thing for playing the vids and u just explain everything so well!
    again THANK YOU from all of us!
    Hey Devin, thanks for the acknowledgement!

Well, I can't really say that I'm back because I don't know how often I'll be here, but I'll stop by from time to time. Working on this stuff can be fun, but it don't pay the bills if you know what I mean.
  10.    #1290  
    Quote Originally Posted by thelostsoul View Post
    Hmm....I have full charge, 130mb free of internal storage and about 2gigs free on my storage card. Don't think that's the problem. I'm still able to download any other files, and I've successfully downloaded other 3mb files....

Note that I'm saying it doesn't even ask me to download. I click the video, the menu pops up, I click "Save Video" and IE looks like it's about to load another webpage...the progress bar comes up on the bottom - not the download bar - and it says Opening...then shows kb loaded and just stops at around 300kb (sometimes ~297, ~315...). I'm installing this almost immediately after a hard reset too...

@wb1987: Don't worry about that warning message. When people compile applications, even if they try for WM6 compatibility, if they don't compile and package the cab specifically for WM6, that message will come up.
    There's one other thing I forgot about, a few phones have versions of IE that are not properly dealing with content types and therefore never trigger the download dialog (i.e. Verizon Moto Q I think), even though I set up MIME types for "video/flv" in the registry.

As a test, can you download the following two links directly to your phone?

http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/t...pc.0.72RC1.cab
    http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/t...bs.0.72RC1.zip
  11.    #1291  

Thanks,
    MrLorider
    This may be a volume issue, the Q9C has a funky volume control that is governed by the master volume setting, the multimedia volume setting, and of course the TCPMP volume setting. I'm betting that one of these isn't set correctly.

Check out the following links:
    http://direct.motorola.com/ens/MotoQ...d=30729#volume
    http://www.motorola.com/Hellomoto/Ma...artedGuide.pdf

If that doesn't help try posting on one of the Moto Q9C forums for help, the issue is probably specific to that device.
  12.    #1292  
    Quote Originally Posted by docnas View Post
    can i just go directly to the youtube site or will it make any differance??
    Yes, you can go directly to the site and you should be fine.

Regarding the videosites file, yeah I've never been able to get the build of the cab file to work properly with the WM security model for *ALL* phones, I'm not sure why that is, perhaps because I am using a test certificate rather than purchasing my own. Unfortuntately I don't have a testing arsenal of different hardware to verify this on every device, I only have one phone...
  13.    #1293  
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteChingon View Post
    Nice work zbop you are a genius, the app works flawlessly on my sprint htc touch. A little pinwheel wait from time to time but no big deal.

Does anybody know if it will work with the sprint palm centro? My brother is thinking about getting it but will not if this app wont work on it.

Thanks in advance for a response.
    Nope, the Palm Centro runs Palm OS, not Windows Mobile so this cab will not work. However, you can use Kinoma to play youtube videos on the Centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    There's one other thing I forgot about, a few phones have versions of IE that are not properly dealing with content types and therefore never trigger the download dialog (i.e. Verizon Moto Q I think), even though I set up MIME types for "video/flv" in the registry.

As a test, can you download the following two links directly to your phone?

http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/t...pc.0.72RC1.cab
    http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/t...bs.0.72RC1.zip
    The cab downloads fine, but the zip tells me "This file cannot be viewed on the device." I usually use Opera to download zips....

But I tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling again...same problem...
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    This may be a volume issue, the Q9C has a funky volume control that is governed by the master volume setting, the multimedia volume setting, and of course the TCPMP volume setting. I'm betting that one of these isn't set correctly.

Check out the following links:
    http://direct.motorola.com/ens/MotoQ...d=30729#volume
    http://www.motorola.com/Hellomoto/Ma...artedGuide.pdf

If that doesn't help try posting on one of the Moto Q9C forums for help, the issue is probably specific to that device.
    I can listen to mp3 files fine thru phones windows media player
    but i cant hear mp3 files or video files thru tmcp, the video plays but no sound
    Do i need to associate any files, registry hack?
    Volume settings are fine because i can hear the sound when i play a file thru the phones windows media player.
  16.    #1296  
    Quote Originally Posted by thelostsoul View Post
    The cab downloads fine, but the zip tells me "This file cannot be viewed on the device." I usually use Opera to download zips....

But I tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling again...same problem...
    Yeah reinstalling won't help here. The issue is that PIE is not handling that content type properly.

The order of precedence is supposed to be:

1) if the content type is handled inline (i.e. html, jpg, gif) render it.
    2) if the content type is recognized and handled externally, prompt to download with option to open file after downloading.
    3) if the content type is recognized, but no handler is defined, prompt to download without option to open file.
    4) if the content type is not recognized or not specified, either prompt to download or don't allow the download depending on the security policy.

It sounds as if your version of PIE is downloading it to handle it inline, so either you have some version of the flashplayer installed that thinks it knows how to handle it, or you have a buggy version of PIE. The only way around this is if I write my own download manager (which I haven't done yet).
  17.    #1297  
    I can listen to mp3 files fine thru phones windows media player
    but i cant hear mp3 files or video files thru tmcp, the video plays but no sound
    Do i need to associate any files, registry hack?
    Volume settings are fine because i can hear the sound when i play a file thru the phones windows media player.
    Okay, sounds like the phone volume settings are correct. This just leaves TCPMP. Make sure the volume slider in the TCPMP window is maxed out (to the right), the mute button in TCPMP is not selected, and check that the audio driver is set to Wave Output i.e.:

Options -> Audio -> Audio Driver -> Wave Output

If that doesn't do it, you need to visit everythingq.com and ask your fellow Q owners for help.
    Thanks for the reply Zbop

The audio driver is at Wave Output
    I do not see a volume slider in the TCPMP window, i only see FILE and OPTIONS
    The version i have is the following:
    The Core Pocket Media Player
    TCPMP Version: 0.72RC1
  19.    #1299  
    Thanks for the reply Zbop

The audio driver is at Wave Output
    I do not see a volume slider in the TCPMP window, i only see FILE and OPTIONS
    The version i have is the following:
    The Core Pocket Media Player
    TCPMP Version: 0.72RC1
    Oh yeah, no touchscreen, so I'm not sure how the volume control works on the smartphone version of TCPMP. You did install the smartphone version of TCPMP, correct?

You can try pressing up on the D-PAD to increase the volume. Also check if there is a mute button or mute key assigned under Settings -> Hotkeys
    Zbop you are the man!!! I was having trouble with the older version, it was telling me youtube swf arg not found. I came on central looked you up and sure enough you had posted the updated version. Thanx again, I cant live without my TUBE. HOORAY FOR Zbop!!! wooohooo
    Last edited by ot67ss; 02/02/2008 at 10:16 AM.