Page 6 of 80 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
    Works awesome!

Thanks,

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    For all you Tube-aholics, this is it! You now have direct, unfettered access to Youtube, Google Video & Veoh, in all their glory. Install the CABs listed below, go directly to these websites, and click on a video to play. That's it

If you follow the instructions exactly and use the preconfigured TCPMP settings, you should be able to play videos smoothly if your network connection is adequate.

Installation instructions:
    1) If you already have a version of TCPMP installed, uninstall it now.
    2) Install tcpmp.pocketpc.0.72RC1.cab: link here
    3) Install FlashVideoBundle.CAB attached below (this MUST be installed in the same location as TCPMP)
    4) Soft-reset

Supported sites:
    www.youtube.com
    video.google.com
    www.veoh.com
    www.mobetube.com

Caveats:
    Requires pocket IE. This plugin will not work with Opera, NetFront, Picsel, etc. However, it is compatible with PiePlus.

Tips:
    - Use MobileLeap or Skweezer to compress the content. These video sites use a lot of still video images which are a lot of content to download. I've found the following method works well for me. Goto www.skweezer.net, click settings, turn paging to "Off" and Save. Now try these links from your phone...

Youtube
    http://www.skweezer.net/s.aspx?q=www.youtube.com

Google Video
    http://www.skweezer.net/s.aspx/-/vid...m/videoranking

Veoh
    http://www.skweezer.net/s.aspx/-/www...~html?order=tr

Mobetube
    http://www.mobetube.com

- Try XCPU Scalar, it helps.
    - If your video is scrambled, change the video driver setting from "Raw Framebuffer" to "DirectDraw."
    - Google video is a mess, IMHO. They mix links to Youtube, Google and even AOL and they continue to index lots of videos that have been removed. In addition, the complexity of their javascript/flash code make it a bear to deal with. If you are using it, I'd recommend skipping their main page and going to their "Top 100" page instead.
    - Veoh videos tend to be higher quality than youtube, so it requires a fast connection.
    - When clicking on a video image or title, be patient rather than repeatedly clicking it. It takes a little time to load up TCPMP, especially the first time.
    - The FlashVideoBundle will work with TCPMP .81Beta, however I wouldn't recommend it. At least on my 700wx, I've noticed that playback seems to be much slower, especially with higher quality videos.
    - If you want to disable the pocket IE plugin, first exit IE and then run "DisableVL.exe" in your TCPMP install directory. To enable it again, run "EnableVL.exe"

Finally...
    I can add support for other sites in the future. I had originally put in support for myspace.com as well, but unfortunately the current FLV codec cannot deal with that video content, it must be a newer version.

Special thanks go out to Fabio for making the streaming mods to the FLV plugin. If you need a good video search site that is mobile-friendly, please visit his site, www.mobytube.net

Cheers!

Z.
    My T-mobile GPRS connection uses GPRS and does not work. Get "video not available" message.

When connecting under wifi, it worked fine. no proxy used

So, this method works only if you are not using a proxy to connect to the Internet.

Please fix it so it can work through a proxy!!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I uninstaled TCPMP, as mentioned in the instructions, uninstalled any other streaming software, reinstalled this version of TCPMP, then added the cab file, then soft reset the 700W, but this still doesn't work. What happens, when I attempt to play a file from youtube, is that I get prompted about "running a system command on this item might be unsafe. Do you wish to continue?"
    Of course, I choose yes, then
    Windows Media Player fires up, and then gives an error "Unspecified error".
    I even went into TCPMP and chose a file association with .flv files, but still to no avail.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated, thanks in advance!
    Last edited by rfdillon; 08/06/2007 at 10:24 PM.
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by rfdillon View Post
    I uninstaled TCPMP, as mentioned in the instructions, uninstalled any other streaming software, reinstalled this version of TCPMP, then added the cab file, then soft reset the 700W, but this still doesn't work. What happens, when I attempt to play a file from youtube, is that I get prompted about "running a system command on this item might be unsafe. Do you wish to continue?"
    Of course, I choose yes, then
    Windows Media Player fires up, and then gives an error "Unspecified error".
    I even went into TCPMP and chose a file association with .flv files, but still to no avail.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated, thanks in advance!
    Sounds like your .m3u files are associated with WMP instead.

Go into TCPMP, Options, Settings, File Associations and select "M3U playlist files" and see if that does any better.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Thanks, zbop, for your quick reply. I just now checked, and TCPMP already had the M3U playlist files checked. Can I do anything else to get TCPMP to come up instead of Windows Media Player? Thanks again, Richard
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I just soft reset the 700W (for the third time), and now I tried YouTube, and TCPMP came up, but gave an error : TRSP protocol not supported!
    Any ideas on this issue? Thanks again!
  7.    #107  
    Go to www.youtube.com and try to click on a video.

Then use a file explorer to go to your TCPMP install folder on your pocketpc/phone. There should be a "video.m3u" file in that folder.

Double-click that file from your file explorer to run it and see if TCPMP comes up, or what happens.
  8.    #108  
    I just soft reset the 700W (for the third time), and now I tried YouTube, and TCPMP came up, but gave an error : TRSP protocol not supported!
    Any ideas on this issue? Thanks again!
    Are you going to www.youtube.com or m.youtube.com?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I am going to m.youtube.com
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I just tried going to youtube.com, and it looks as though it is working! Thanks so much for your help, zbop! So, in other words, we aren't restricted to going to m.youtube.com, but now we can go to youtube.com, and everything works?
    Is there a way to make things work with m.youtube.com, by the way?
    thanks a million again for all your help, zbop!
  11.    #111  
    Wrong site; that is for the other method which you referenced earlier on the other forum.

Use www.youtube.com
  12.    #112  
    I just tried going to youtube.com, and it looks as though it is working! Thanks so much for your help, zbop! So, in other words, we aren't restricted to going to m.youtube.com, but now we can go to youtube.com, and everything works?
    uh duhh, that was the point behind this whole thread, lol j/k, j/k

Is there a way to make things work with m.youtube.com, by the way?
    thanks a million again for all your help, zbop!
    Now that you have one method working, you can try the other method which will get you m.youtube.com if you still want it.
    Thanks again for this awesome app. I have only one issue now: How do I go about leaving comments on a video? Is there a way to go back to the HTML page and leave comments after watching the video?

Thx,

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kevink View Post
    Works awesome!

Thanks,

Kevin
    what do I need in order for this to work on my moto Q?

thanks,

~Jv
    can someone verify that this is not working when connecting through a proxy?
    Quote Originally Posted by jvmagic View Post
    what do I need in order for this to work on my moto Q?

thanks,

~Jv
    Everything is the same EXCEPT you need TCPMP 0.71 for smartphone, found HERE.

It works/looks great on the Q btw.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Folks, I'm tickled pink that when I click on a youtube link, tcpmp launches and plays it! I did notice, however, that I see a lot of buffering and was wondering if there might be a setting in tcpmp to create a larger buffer, or some setting that might optimize the stream. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much in advance!
    Folks, I'm tickled pink that when I click on a youtube link, tcpmp launches and plays it! I did notice, however, that I see a lot of buffering and was wondering if there might be a setting in tcpmp to create a larger buffer, or some setting that might optimize the stream. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much in advance!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&postcount=39

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Thanks so much, Malatesta! I will play with these settings and see how things go! We do have the best folks on this board! Thanks everyone for your help and phenomenal technical expertise!
    I've found this post very useful!!
    I'm from Portugal and I have a Samung i600 wm5 smartphone (the same as US Blackjack)and i never thought i could watch youtube videos on my device. But after read this article and followed the links in it, i did the procedures and i was really amazed when it starts to play the first video!!
    I just have one problem that is everytime the tcpmp plays a video, and after that when i get back to the windows mobile home screen i get two up blue bars (where i have the opperator signal, buetooth signal, wi-fi,...) instead of one!? I can't understand why. I have to soft reset the device so it gets back to normal. Can you help me with this?