Page 53 of 80 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1597
    Ok...haven't been to TC in a while...imagine my surprise when I get an e-mail from WMExperts?!?!

Good to see another site opening to more products. Too bad it tends to water down the participation on other sites. But then again, Smartphones are just getting bigger and bigger, so I guess there will be more users to participate as time goes on....
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Thanks a lot for this thread. I downloaded these apps and am very happy with the result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek View Post
    Ok...haven't been to TC in a while...imagine my surprise when I get an e-mail from WMExperts?!?!

Good to see another site opening to more products. Too bad it tends to water down the participation on other sites. But then again, Smartphones are just getting bigger and bigger, so I guess there will be more users to participate as time goes on....
    Glad to have you back - we're actually sharing forums with TC and WMExperts here and there, and have forums that aren't shared as well. Basically we're working hard to *prevent* the watering down effect.
    ok... i know, totally newbie question but how do I uninstall the tcpmp from the att tilt?
    I don't have a PPC handy, but I think under settings there's an add/remove...right?

Otherwise, ActiveSync has Add/Remove Programs.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by htctytnowner View Post
    Hi Zbop, can you please list your TCPMP settings for:

- Buffering
    - Advanced
    - ATI IMAGEON
    - DirectDraw

Just to make ensure I've correct settings.

By the way any news about the playlists issues we discussed few days ago.

Many thanks.
    Just wanted to seconed that question! that would be great! also......

(couldnt figure out how to multi quote but here's the seconed thing....)

"Question: What is the purpose for each of these?
    Normal Buffer Size?
    Preload at underrun?
    Preload for audio?
    Microdrive mode?
    Microdrive start at?

I want to learn what these are for to help me understand the buffering for tcpmp. Thanks in advance!"

that would also help us begginers a lot if anyone could take the time to explain it....
    thanx in advance and
    zbop you the man!
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinF View Post
    I want to learn what these are for to help me understand the buffering for tcpmp. Thanks in advance!"

that would also help us begginers a lot if anyone could take the time to explain it....
    thanx in advance and
    zbop you the man!
    It would be "nice" if zbob explained it. But... I suspect the real explanation is so complex that it would be lost on a lot of us. The optimum settings for your setup my only be discovered by tweaking till you get the best performance in your situation.

I think all these settings depend on a ton of factors. Such as... speed of network connect, frequency of re-negotiations between 1x/EVDO, load on your device (memory used, etc.), multi-tasking apps using the connection simultaneously, whether you "download" before playing, or not, the specific website the video is streaming from, more, more, more.

It is my understanding (from a previous post here, I think), zbop said that if you install the programs as instructed (TCPMP first, Flashvideobundle second) that the default values for these are automatically set to what zbop feels is the best all around settings for the most people. However, you are encouraged to tweak them if you can get improvement in your situation. Like I said, complicated.

-Frank
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    It would be "nice" if zbob explained it. But... I suspect the real explanation is so complex that it would be lost on a lot of us. The optimum settings for your setup my only be discovered by tweaking till you get the best performance in your situation.

I think all these settings depend on a ton of factors. Such as... speed of network connect, frequency of re-negotiations between 1x/EVDO, load on your device (memory used, etc.), multi-tasking apps using the connection simultaneously, whether you "download" before playing, or not, the specific website the video is streaming from, more, more, more.

It is my understanding (from a previous post here, I think), zbop said that if you install the programs as instructed (TCPMP first, Flashvideobundle second) that the default values for these are automatically set to what zbop feels is the best all around settings for the most people. However, you are encouraged to tweak them if you can get improvement in your situation. Like I said, complicated.

-Frank
    Right, only how can we tweak it if we don't know what we are tweaking. We won't know how or what to compensate... that's why if anyone could explain the meaning of these factors we would have a baisic understanding of these functions and consequently know how to "fiddle" with them to find the "optimum setting for us"....
    please somone......
    thanx again
    -Devin
  9.    #1049  
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinF View Post
    Right, only how can we tweak it if we don't know what we are tweaking. We won't know how or what to compensate... that's why if anyone could explain the meaning of these factors we would have a baisic understanding of these functions and consequently know how to "fiddle" with them to find the "optimum setting for us"....
    please somone......
    thanx again
    -Devin
    Frankxs is correct, it's a complicated issue and I don't think you are going to improve your performance, you'll probably end up making it worse. But I'll explain what I can, and then feel free to experiment.

Normal Buffer Size
    Before video playback, data which is read from the network or storage is placed into a buffer. The buffer allows you to read and store data in advance, which helps smooth out your playback if your network connection is temporarily stalled. This parameter sets the amount that you can read in advance.

Preload at underrun (percentage)
    If the player tries to read from the buffer and finds that the buffer does not have enough data to satisfy the request, this is an 'underrun' condition. At this point, the player will fill the buffer up to the specified percentage, before continuing with playback.

Preload for audio
    I believe this is a separate buffering setting for audio-only files (i.e. mp3 vs video). Note, I could not find where this was implemented in the TCPMP code, so this option may not have any effect at all.

Microdrive mode
    In this mode, files on the Microdrive are read in bursts to completely fill the buffer, for minimizing access to the microdrive until the buffer it is empty again. It helps the microdrive to spin down and turn off, thus lowering battery drain.
    (Note, microdrives are mini-harddisks rather than flash memory so this doesn't apply to us)

Microdrive buffer size
    The amount to read in one big chunk, once the microdrive is spun-up.

Microdrive starts at
    This is the low-watermark of the buffer that triggers the next Microdrive read action. When the amount of data in the buffer drops below this level, the Microdrive will begin spinning up again.

Having said all that, TCPMP seems to be missing the most important buffering option which is a "preload at start" setting. This is what most streaming players implement but is noticeably absent from TCPMP.
  10.    #1050  
    Quote Originally Posted by r354798 View Post
    megavideo is not working anymore
    Hey, I just tried this and it is working, but I noticed a couple of issues...

1) The videos on the "featured" page seem to be encoded differently, so a fair amount of them will fail to play properly (I don't have this problem under other categories)

2) Occasionally, I'll find a video that is "temporarily unavailable" in which case you'll get a weird "\Program Files\TCPMP\.flv" error message.

Try using this as a starting link and see if it works any better:

http://www.megavideo.com/?c=videos
  11.    #1051  
    Quote Originally Posted by htctytnowner View Post
    Hi Zbop, can you please list your TCPMP settings for:

- Buffering
    - Advanced
    - ATI IMAGEON
    - DirectDraw

Just to make ensure I've correct settings.

By the way any news about the playlists issues we discussed few days ago.

Many thanks.
    Buffering:
    Normal buffer size 1184 KB
    Preload at underrun 3%
    Preload for audio 64KB
    Microdrive mode [ ] (not checked)
    Microdrive buffer size 16000 KB
    Microdriver starts at 1472 KB

Advanced:
    Only option checked is D-pad follow screen orientation
    Manual A/V offset 0 msec
    Soft-drop tolerance 55 msec
    Hard-drop tolerance 700 msec

Video:
    For video, I am using Raw Framebuffer, so the others don't apply.

No news on the playlist support yet, I just haven't had time to work on it. I'll check into the youtube playlist implementation this weekend.
    Zbop,
    Thanks for sharing that knowledge!
    Thanks for the hard work Zbop. mine seems to work pretty well. I do notice stutering when I have low signal, but that's about it.

What I can't figure out is how to escape fullscreen mode on TCPMP w/o just hitting the home key.
  14.    #1054  
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek View Post
    Thanks for the hard work Zbop. mine seems to work pretty well. I do notice stutering when I have low signal, but that's about it.

What I can't figure out is how to escape fullscreen mode on TCPMP w/o just hitting the home key.
    Try going to Options -> Settings -> Hot Keys -> FullScreen -> Assign and then hit the spacebar (or something else if you prefer).

Note: Assign the "FullScreen" key rather than the "Play FullScreen" key.
  15. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Zbop, will this program support the Sprint Touch? Reason Im asking ahead of time is Im thinking about switching but I definitely dont want to give up this great program I have on my 700wx.
    PIE crashing after viewing videos.

Using PPC6700. the system works great to view videos. However, when I close PIE and open PIE later, it always crashes once (by crash I mean PIE closes, and isn't even in the task manager). When I restart PIE it works fine. I uninstalled TCPMP and the Flashbundle and reinstalled: same problem. I found that if I only uninstall the flash bundle, PIE works fine.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks!
    maybe a conflict with another program?
    I've never had this problem.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Frankxs is correct, it's a complicated issue and I don't think you are going to improve your performance, you'll probably end up making it worse. But I'll explain what I can, and then feel free to experiment.

Normal Buffer Size
    Before video playback, data which is read from the network or storage is placed into a buffer. The buffer allows you to read and store data in advance, which helps smooth out your playback if your network connection is temporarily stalled. This parameter sets the amount that you can read in advance.

Preload at underrun (percentage)
    If the player tries to read from the buffer and finds that the buffer does not have enough data to satisfy the request, this is an 'underrun' condition. At this point, the player will fill the buffer up to the specified percentage, before continuing with playback.

Preload for audio
    I believe this is a separate buffering setting for audio-only files (i.e. mp3 vs video). Note, I could not find where this was implemented in the TCPMP code, so this option may not have any effect at all.

Microdrive mode
    In this mode, files on the Microdrive are read in bursts to completely fill the buffer, for minimizing access to the microdrive until the buffer it is empty again. It helps the microdrive to spin down and turn off, thus lowering battery drain.
    (Note, microdrives are mini-harddisks rather than flash memory so this doesn't apply to us)

Microdrive buffer size
    The amount to read in one big chunk, once the microdrive is spun-up.

Microdrive starts at
    This is the low-watermark of the buffer that triggers the next Microdrive read action. When the amount of data in the buffer drops below this level, the Microdrive will begin spinning up again.

Having said all that, TCPMP seems to be missing the most important buffering option which is a "preload at start" setting. This is what most streaming players implement but is noticeably absent from TCPMP.
    Thanx Zbop, its amazing how you take the time to explain everything (thanx for those tips about mortscript)
    This tutorial was really great I actually understood everything!
    (you said we don't have microdrive rather flash does that render all the microdrive settings useless or just the one you marked with a note? Because I see that yoy listed settings for the last two with microdrive in their name... also what is a "raw framebuffer?)
    Thanx again for all the help!!
    Hey any news on adding www.ovguide.com. If not what site is everyone using to view movies???
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Ok!
    So I don't know if this will work ... I tried it and it took too long to load I had to run somwhere but baisically this website http://web.archive.org/collections/web.html

takes a "picture" of different websites one of wich was tvlinks!
    it does take a while to load and I didn't have time so I didn't have time to check if zbops amazing software will work with this but if somone has the time to check let us know....
    -Devin