Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
    I was experincing some freeze up on the 700wx but then i reinstalled TCMCP onto my SD card. works like a charm sav for occasional buffering. I think most of the problems come from trying to buffer with main memory cache.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    it works great on my 700wx for google videos and veoh. for Youtube, it hangs for a while and does nothing on 90 percent of the videos.

tcpmp is installed on my sd card. I'd love to beta test new versions as they come out. Thanks for the hard work, once the bugs are worked out, it's going to be awesome.
    To the original dev of this great and awesome software:

I found the way of playing divx clips from sites like divxtube.ca it sounds very complicated but it's very simple and fast...

1) You have to copy the download URL from the video you want to watch, for example:
    hxxp://video.stage6.com//1484062/.divx (Hackers2)

2) Paste that link into a .m3u playlist (you can find one of this in TCPMP folder if you used the tool for watching google vids, it is named video.m3u).

3) Open it with word mobile using resco file explorer (Tap the video.m3u file and select "open"-->"open with"-->word mobile)

4) Paste the URL (example: hxxp://video.stage6.com//1484062/.divx) of the vid instead of the one you find there (something like video.google.com/bla/ble/bli...) and save it.

5) Open it (video.m3u) in TCPMP and start enjoying!

Video is very smooth and in a really great quality, is there a way that you can make a tool similar to the one you made but using this "method"?
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I was experincing some freeze up on the 700wx but then i reinstalled TCMCP onto my SD card. works like a charm sav for occasional buffering. I think most of the problems come from trying to buffer with main memory cache.
    I'm pretty sure TCPMP doesn't do any buffering to storage (builtin or on the Storage Card), but hey if that worked for you, that's all that matters
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by grypho View Post
    To the original dev of this great and awesome software:

I found the way of playing divx clips from sites like divxtube.ca it sounds very complicated but it's very simple and fast...

1) You have to copy the download URL from the video you want to watch, for example:
    hxxp://video.stage6.com//1484062/.divx (Hackers2)

2) Paste that link into a .m3u playlist (you can find one of this in TCPMP folder if you used the tool for watching google vids, it is named video.m3u).

3) Open it with word mobile using resco file explorer (Tap the video.m3u file and select "open"-->"open with"-->word mobile)

4) Paste the URL (example: hxxp://video.stage6.com//1484062/.divx) of the vid instead of the one you find there (something like video.google.com/bla/ble/bli...) and save it.

5) Open it (video.m3u) in TCPMP and start enjoying!

Video is very smooth and in a really great quality, is there a way that you can make a tool similar to the one you made but using this "method"?
    Grypho, good idea, sounds cool!

Originally I had only targeted flash video sites, but there's no reason the same can't be done for avi/divx/xvid sites too. Right now I have to focus on fixing some bugs, but I'll look into it as soon as they are taken care of.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Grypho, good idea, sounds cool!

Originally I had only targeted flash video sites, but there's no reason the same can't be done for avi/divx/xvid sites too. Right now I have to focus on fixing some bugs, but I'll look into it as soon as they are taken care of.
    Great, zbop. Thank you for taking this into account
  7.    #87  
    Just a quick update:

I've started working on some of the bugs, I've added some connection management to deal with the EVDO issues, but still having a problem with youtube over EVDO. I also think there are some issues with URL resolution on youtube, it may be because of their load-balancing scheme, still need to investigate...
    Zbop, I just wanted to say thank you for a great evening of watching Youtube videos on my device on the couch while the rest of the family was watching some religious documentary. You made my day

Surur
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Zbop, I just wanted to say thank you for a great evening of watching Youtube videos on my device on the couch while the rest of the family was watching some religious documentary. You made my day

Surur
    Hey Surur,
    Well it only seems fair that I provide you with some entertainment, given all the entertainment you provided me in the "10 things that absolutely suck" thread, lol.

Glad you enjoyed that

Surur
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    zbop, you deserve a medal for this.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Folks, I love the thought of watching Youtube videos on my 700W, but really do not like the idea of having to uninstall TCMPMP, as it works so well now, and I have all the Codecs and stuff to play everything I watch correctly. Any way to view these without having to uninstall and reinstall TCPMP?
    Thanks so much in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by rfdillon View Post
    Folks, I love the thought of watching Youtube videos on my 700W, but really do not like the idea of having to uninstall TCMPMP, as it works so well now, and I have all the Codecs and stuff to play everything I watch correctly. Any way to view these without having to uninstall and reinstall TCPMP?
    You need a Streamer. you can learn more here
    http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/foru...784&highlight=

By the way, we just released UltimateSearch that lets you search YouTube from your Today screen. Learn more at http://www.gx-5.com/products/ultimatesearch/
    Zbop, your a star!
    I tried this on my MDA Vario II whilst at work today, but I couldn't get a wi-fi connection - just 3G. I tried many different videos on youtube & only a couple of them would run - the rest (& there were many) would either cause just TCPMP to hang, or the whole phone would hang.
    I've come home now, connected with wi-fi, and every video works!
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    zbop, you deserve a medal for this.
    Lol, thanks! But we should save those for the real heroes...

Glad it's working for ya.
  16.    #96  
    Strictly speaking, no you don't *HAVE* to uninstall. I recommend it though.

When putting together the instructions, I tried to create a reproducible process that would give you the best possible chance of success with pretty good performance.

This method doesn't work with some versions of TCPMP, it's sub-optimal with other versions, and some TCPMP settings do not work well with it. By putting in the uninstall step (even if you have the right version already installed) it just gets you to a clean starting point. From there you can always re-add your plugins and tweak your settings if you want.

If you'd rather skip the uninstall, you can try it and see if it works.
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by bandsawman View Post
    Zbop, your a star!
    I tried this on my MDA Vario II whilst at work today, but I couldn't get a wi-fi connection - just 3G. I tried many different videos on youtube & only a couple of them would run - the rest (& there were many) would either cause just TCPMP to hang, or the whole phone would hang.
    I've come home now, connected with wi-fi, and every video works!
    Yeah, sorry guys about the problems. I really had no idea this thing would spread so far, so fast, before I had a chance to fix the bugs

I'm still working through the connection manager/wininet issues... I'll post an update once it's ready for testing.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Well, folks, I followed the instructions at the referenced website, http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/foru...784&highlight=
    installed the streaming cab file, and soft reset the 700W, but it still doesn't work. Do I need to tell TCPMP something, or is there some way to configure this streaming media application to fire off TCPMP and play the video? I am using WM5 with the default IE browser. Thanks in advance for your help!
    its not working for me.. I just get "video is not available may have been removed" for every video I try
  20.    #100  
    Well, folks, I followed the instructions at the referenced website, http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/foru...784&highlight=
    installed the streaming cab file, and soft reset the 700W, but it still doesn't work. Do I need to tell TCPMP something, or is there some way to configure this streaming media application to fire off TCPMP and play the video? I am using WM5 with the default IE browser. Thanks in advance for your help!
    If you followed the instructions at the link you posted, that's a different method than the one described in this thread (different software, different protocol/media format, and different streaming site).

You should ask for help in that thread, rather than here