Page 48 of 80 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
    Hey I was wondering if anyone out there had a good buffer setup for the samsung blackack because I put my buffer size to 5000 Kb but my phone started to get a little warmer than before but not extremely. Thanks so much.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I installed the newest version after removing a previous version. Must say the new tvlinks site whoops ****. My only problem is that the full version of tvlinks will not load but the mobileap version has no problem loading up from the link/home page.

Again, this program is pure genius. Thanks zbop.
  3.    #943  
    Quote Originally Posted by donger8 View Post
    I installed the newest version after removing a previous version. Must say the new tvlinks site whoops ****. My only problem is that the full version of tvlinks will not load but the mobileap version has no problem loading up from the link/home page.

Again, this program is pure genius. Thanks zbop.
    I checked the HTML and yeah there are a couple of broken links (typos).

If you click on the tv-links logo, that will take you to the full version. I'll post an update with the corrected video sites page.
    I get the following message after installing FlashBundle1.4.2:

"The program you have installed may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of Windows Mobile software."

Normal? Or Not?

Here's my story...
    -Treo700wx with newest VZW software update (_-1.22)
    1) Soft Reset
    2) Uninstall previous TCPMP
    3) Uninstall previous FlashBundle
    4) Soft Reset
    5) Install TCPMP for PPC from first message in thread (0.72RC1.CAB)
    6) Soft Reset
    7) Install FlashBundle from first message in thread (1.4.2)--This is where I get the error message quoted above
    8) Soft Reset

It works. But what's with the Windows version error message?

Thanks,

-Frank
  5.    #945  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    I get the following message after installing FlashBundle1.4.2:

"The program you have installed may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of Windows Mobile software."

Normal? Or Not?

Here's my story...
    -Treo700wx with newest VZW software update (_-1.22)
    1) Soft Reset
    2) Uninstall previous TCPMP
    3) Uninstall previous FlashBundle
    4) Soft Reset
    5) Install TCPMP for PPC from first message in thread (0.72RC1.CAB)
    6) Soft Reset
    7) Install FlashBundle from first message in thread (1.4.2)--This is where I get the error message quoted above
    8) Soft Reset

It works. But what's with the Windows version error message?

Thanks,

-Frank
    It's normal (or at least expected). In the CAB configuration, I left it unspecified as to what version of WM this works on, so that's the generic message it puts up.

I'll see if I can remove that in a future version.
  6.    #946  
    Version 1.4.3 posted
    - fixed two links in Video Sites page
    - removed divxtube (broken too often)
    - added min/max version of OS to remove install warning

I had to remove divxtube, it was broken again and I'm tired of their weekly site changes, they're just too volatile.

I'll see if I can find a better site that indexes stage6 content, since it's hard to find movies/shows using stage6's search function.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Version 1.4.3 posted
    I wasn't going to respond to your clear answer about the Windows version message to avoid bumping the thread. But since you bumped it with a new version I decided to say THANK YOU! Man, really great job overall. I've installed the new 1.4.3 already. No version message now.

-Frank
    i beg you lol please try to make these two sites work i am a big no make that huge fan of your work you made my mogul into a piece of art.

http://www.yourfilehost.com
    http://liveleak.com/
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    You can do the same with TCPMP. Go to Options -> Settings -> Buffering -> Normal Buffer Size and increase it to how big you want your buffer, say 20MB to 30MB if you can spare it.

When TCPMP starts the video, press pause and it will continue to load the buffer. This will work, but if you are loading a long video that has been encoded at a high bitrate, you'll still run out of buffer if your network connection isn't fast enough.
    hey could you explain what "if you can spare it" means? and also will this speed the play?
    thanx
    -first time learning know nothing treo user ;-)
    and thanx amillion this program is really genious! and the best part Is how you take the time to help everyone...
    p.s. if I click the save video option does it save to the device or a storage card.. and if device can I switch it to storage card and how?
    thanx so much really really really appreciate it...
    -Devin
    Last edited by DevinF; 10/14/2007 at 03:01 AM.
    I'd also be interested in knowing the optimal preload for audio.
  11.    #951  
    Quote Originally Posted by fearbasel04 View Post
    i beg you lol please try to make these two sites work i am a big no make that huge fan of your work you made my mogul into a piece of art.

http://www.yourfilehost.com
    http://liveleak.com/
    Thanks for the suggestions. I tested out liveleak.com but had to drop it.

Most sites fall into one of three categories.

1) all videos that I test will play successfully
    2) no videos on that site will play
    3) some videos on that site will play, but not all

The first stage is that I download 10 videos at random off the site and test all 10. If all of them do not play, I usually just stop there.

Liveleak fell into category 3. In general when the videos don't work, TCPMP will say "codec is not supported" or it will simply do nothing, or worst case it will hang your phone requiring a reset. For this reason, I have been avoiding sites that don't enforce a standard encoding (i.e. Flash 7).

Yourfilehost is possible but it didn't seem like there was much content on there and I noticed lots of off-site links to videos.
  12.    #952  
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinF View Post
    You can do the same with TCPMP. Go to Options -> Settings -> Buffering -> Normal Buffer Size and increase it to how big you want your buffer, say 20MB to 30MB if you can spare it.

When TCPMP starts the video, press pause and it will continue to load the buffer. This will work, but if you are loading a long video that has been encoded at a high bitrate, you'll still run out of buffer if your network connection isn't fast enough.
    hey could you explain what "if you can spare it" means? and also will this speed the play?
    thanx
    -first time learning know nothing treo user ;-)
    and thanx amillion this program is really genious! and the best part Is how you take the time to help everyone...
    p.s. if I click the save video option does it save to the device or a storage card.. and if device can I switch it to storage card and how?
    thanx so much really really really appreciate it...
    -Devin
    If you can spare it, means literally that. It depends how much total program memory your phone has and how much you have available to you. 700w devices only have 32MB memory, so they definitely cannot spare 30MB. Look at Settings -> System -> Memory to find out.

Do not increase your buffer size unless you plan on doing the pre-buffer method. It may hurt your playback performance instead of helping it. In my previous post, I was directly addressing a question about pre-buffering using the pause key.

This has been answered before, but I guess I can rehash it. Increasing your buffer size will only help if you (1) prebuffer using the pause key OR (2) if your network connection is definitely faster than your playback rate.

Buffering does not speed up play and it will not help you with a slow connection. Think about it, if your network connection cannot supply the data fast enough to keep up with playback, how could it possibly supply enough data for playback AND fill up the buffer, it just doesn't make sense.

For saving videos to Storage Card, choose "Save As" when you get the download dialog and then for "Location" choose Storage Card.
    If we could get someone with the ideal buffer settings, this would be great!.who here has some good settings, please share it.
    Last edited by black ice; 10/15/2007 at 05:54 AM.
    Treo 700wx,755p,Htc Diamond...
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    thanx a milllion zbop!
    although I have the 700wx which has 64 mb of mem. so I think I can spare it right?
    just um.....
    I would set the normal buffer at 20000kb cause I can't switch to mb? is that right?
    (by the way your stuff is awesome I'm showin all my buds and they're mad jealous... it great thanx)
    Last edited by DevinF; 10/14/2007 at 03:39 PM.
  15.    #955  
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinF View Post
    thanx a milllion zbop!
    although I have the 700wx which has 64 mb of mem. so I think I can spare it right?
    just um.....
    I would set the normal buffer at 20000kb cause I can't switch to mb? is that right?
    (by the way your stuff is awesome I'm showin all my buds and they're mad jealous... it great thanx)
    Probably, but depends on how many apps you have open.

20000KB is right, but only do it if you're prebuffering with the pause key.
    I just followed your instructions to the tee and when I clicked on "Video Sites", it gives me this message:

"The file 'videosites' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file".

So what can I do? btw, I'm using a Sprint Mogul.
  17.    #957  
    Quote Originally Posted by neilson View Post
    I just followed your instructions to the tee and when I clicked on "Video Sites", it gives me this message:

"The file 'videosites' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file".

So what can I do? btw, I'm using a Sprint Mogul.
    That's a new one. Sounds like a bad install...

"Video Sites" is just a shortcut to a locally-stored html page. There should be a folder named "sites" in your TCPMP install folder, and under there should be a file "videosites.htm" If this doesn't exist, you probably need to reinstall.
    That's a new one. Sounds like a bad install...

"Video Sites" is just a shortcut to a locally-stored html page. There should be a folder named "sites" in your TCPMP install folder, and under there should be a file "videosites.htm" If this doesn't exist, you probably need to reinstall.
    The Video Sites file is located where you said it'd be, and it is called videosites.htm

I'm gonna try uninstalling everything, soft resetting, installing both files again, and see what happens.

Not sure why it's not coming easy for me.

EDIT: Still doesn't work, I even uninstalled everything and tryed reinstalling it on the phone instead of the memory card.
    Last edited by neilson; 10/14/2007 at 08:34 PM.
  19.    #959  
    Quote Originally Posted by neilson View Post
    The Video Sites file is located where you said it'd be, and it is called videosites.htm

I'm gonna try uninstalling everything, soft resetting, installing both files again, and see what happens.

Not sure why it's not coming easy for me.

EDIT: Still doesn't work, I even uninstalled everything and tryed reinstalling it on the phone instead of the memory card.
    If you use File Explorer to directly open up the videosites.htm under the "sites" folder, do you get the same message?
    Yes, I do. Still gave me the message I posted above.

As well, I tried opening the file on my laptop via MobileSync and it loads up as just the links in text with a blue background. So the file itself works in firefox on my Laptop.