Page 44 of 80 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
  1.    #861  
    Quote Originally Posted by kandy View Post
    hello Zbop, im new to the community, i am a newbie when it comes to installing apps i just wanted to know how and where do i install the codecs on the first post, i have a mogul and when i unzip it has a few files in it, do i need them all or which ones do i use?
    i also wanted to thank you for all your hard work
    The install isn't too hard if you follow the instructions (1-5) in the first post exactly, btw you'll need the PPC version of TCPMP for your Mogul, not the Smartphone version.

You can install them to either your Device or your Storage Card, just make sure you choose the same for both CAB files.

Note, you don't want to unzip the files, you need to transfer the CAB files to your phone and then install them. One of our local experts has written a nice tutorial on installing and transferring files here:

How To: Install, Uninstall, and Transfer Files on Windows Mobile
    thanks but i installed the tcpmp and it works great.... i was talking about how to add the aac and ac3 codecs to my tcpmp
    thanks again for that quick response but like i said im new so i guess i didnt ask the question right, lol
  3.    #863  
    thanks but i installed the tcpmp and it works great.... i was talking about how to add the aac and ac3 codecs to my tcpmp
    thanks again for that quick response but like i said im new so i guess i didnt ask the question right, lol
    No you asked the question right, I guess I didn't read it right, lol.

- For the AC3 codec, install the "\Windows Mobile CAB\ac3.pocketpc.cab" contained in the zipfile.

- For the AAC codec, first extract the "aac.cabs.0.66.zip" from the zip file. Then inside that zip file, there is an "aac.ARM.CAB" file. Install that one.

Note, both CABS should be installed wherever you installed TCPMP (Device or Storage Card). If TCPMP is still running, you may need to exit TCPMP to get it to recognize the newly added plugins.
    Zbop you ROCK! I'd been talking over on ppcgeeks about stage6 and tv-links, I was in awe that you added support for those. I'll post some links for similiar sites that I use a little bit later today. Thank you SO MUCH for all your hard work.
    thanks zbop.. you really do ROCK and this goes to you, lol
  6. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Zbob, will the ac3 plugin conflict with the avc plugin? Just asking before I install. Thanks for this fantastic app & for the time & energy you put into it.
  7.    #867  
    thanks zbop.. you really do ROCK and this goes to you, lol
    Lol, too funny

Ya know I still don't have an avatar, hmm....
  8.    #868  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Zbob, will the ac3 plugin conflict with the avc plugin? Just asking before I install. Thanks for this fantastic app & for the time & energy you put into it.
    It should be fine. I think I've had both installed at the same time before.
    No more Crunchyroll? I had problems with 1.3 loading crunchyroll videos, was praying for a fix, no such luck?
    Finally decided to take the plunge and install this on my 700wx (the TCMP, the Flash the AAC and AC3).

I am unable to get youtube to work. When I try and play anything, first I get the following message (whether or not TCMP is already on in the background):

Running a system command on this item might be unsafe. Do you wish to continue?

When I hit yes, then I get the following message:

The file 'rtsp://rtsp.youtube.com/youtube/videos/HUe2HcFUPSo/video.3gp?w=1' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. You might need to reinstall or restore this file.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, I cannot seem to find the links/bookmarks noted in the previous posts on my Treo.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by r354798 View Post
    Boy!

I REALLY want to second that! I am REAL uncomfortable with the "X" rated sites. I would GREATLY appreciate a version without them.

Re:

Download this zip file,extract sites folder, go to tcpmp folder, delete your "Sites" folder and copy the new one.http://rapidshare.com/files/61019410/sites.zip.html.Done, an go to sleep without remorse.
    r354798,

Thanks so much for doing that! My conscience will feel much better now!

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by koikaze View Post
    No more Crunchyroll? I had problems with 1.3 loading crunchyroll videos, was praying for a fix, no such luck?
    you have to sign up/log in for it to work
    Thanks to all concerned for this. Excellent work
  14.    #874  
    Quote Originally Posted by koikaze View Post
    As rosegold mentioned, you do have to sign up and login. If you have been doing that, the problem may have been that you were using skweezer. You can't login to some sites when accessing the site through skweezer.

As for it missing from the 1.4 start page, that was completely unintentional and must have been a cut-and-paste error (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

I'll roll a fix out tonight for that.
  15.    #875  
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopybird View Post
    Finally decided to take the plunge and install this on my 700wx (the TCMP, the Flash the AAC and AC3).

I am unable to get youtube to work. When I try and play anything, first I get the following message (whether or not TCMP is already on in the background):

Running a system command on this item might be unsafe. Do you wish to continue?

When I hit yes, then I get the following message:

The file 'rtsp://rtsp.youtube.com/youtube/videos/HUe2HcFUPSo/video.3gp?w=1' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. You might need to reinstall or restore this file.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, I cannot seem to find the links/bookmarks noted in the previous posts on my Treo.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Please doublecheck for the "Video Sites" shortcut under:
    Start Menu -> Programs

It should be there. If you can't find it, then there should be a "videosites.htm" file in the "sites" folder of your TCPMP install location. Launch that file using File Explorer.

If you can't find that and all you care about is Youtube, you can just type in:
    http://www.youtube.com/?nomobile=1
    zbop, what's next? i have no ideas.
  17.    #877  
    Quote Originally Posted by r354798 View Post
    zbop, what's next? i have no ideas.
    Huh?
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    first off thanx zbop for everything I'm seriously in awe of you guys....
    seconed I've found on the 700wx the smartphone version is faster could u take a minute to explain possibly why this is or if it was just coincedence of bandwith... thanx so much!
  19.    #879  
    Quote Originally Posted by DevinF View Post
    first off thanx zbop for everything I'm seriously in awe of you guys....
    seconed I've found on the 700wx the smartphone version is faster could u take a minute to explain possibly why this is or if it was just coincedence of bandwith... thanx so much!
    There shouldn't be much difference except for some UI adaptation(touchscreen vs smartphone) and some minor-compile time differences. It was probably due to your network.

I know there has been some odd stuff going on with both Sprint's (and I think Verizon's) network the past few days, not sure why.
    like you said, tv links works better that the desktop. Great work. thanks for the fix