Page 36 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    For all you Tube-aholics, this is it! You now have direct, unfettered access to Youtube, Google Video & Veoh, in all their glory. Install the CABs listed below, go directly to these websites, and click on a video to play. That's it

Latest News:
    New version 1.3 posted!
    - Added feature to download videos
    - Added feature to view player page (comment/rate videos)
    - Added 5 new sites, 3 with "racier" content
    - Added video-sites start page
    - Added new rules-based engine for website interaction
    - Fixed tudou.com & divxtube
    - Fixed a number of install-related bugs
    - Fixed a resource leak
    - Fixed issue with network timeouts
    - Improved error-handling and messages
    EDIT: v1.3.1 added fix for some veoh videos

Installation instructions:
    1) If you already have TCPMP installed, uninstall it now.
    2) Install this version of TCPMP, linked below:
    PPC version
    Smartphone version
    3) Install FlashVideoBundle.CAB attached below. This MUST be installed in the same location as TCPMP (Device or Storage Card)
    4) Soft-reset
    5) Go to Start Menu->Programs->Video Sites and start streaming!

Supported sites:
    (see "Video Sites" start page for complete list)

Requirements:
    WM5 or WM6
    Pocket IE
    Fast, stable network connection

The VideoLoader plugin is not compatible with PPC 2003SE or below, and it is not compatible with Opera, NetFront, Picsel, etc. However, it is compatible with PiePlus and MultiIE.

Credits:
    t2k269 and fmarozz at sourceforge.net for the initial FLV plugin work and streaming modifications.
    And of course, the developers who originally created TCPMP.

Notes:
    Feel free to redistribute FlashVideoBundle, but please link back to this thread so that others can report problems or make requests. Also note that some of the components in this CAB are covered by GPL and should be distributed appropriately:
    GPL License
    GPL FAQ

In keeping with the GPL, the source code is available HERE and below.
    EDIT: once I figure out how to get past the size restrictions.

For more information, also check the README-fvb.txt file once installed.

FAQ:
    Please see the following post if you are have questions or issues, FAQ here

Z.

Version 1.3.1 attached below:
    In all seriousness however, zbop, you are the man!
    Do continue your work, and I personally support ye, even after that 'starry' debacle on xda-devs.
  2.    #702  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin_reloaded View Post
    In all seriousness however, zbop, you are the man!
    Do continue your work, and I personally support ye, even after that 'starry' debacle on xda-devs.
    Lol, how is xda's favorite whipping-boy doing these days?

Last I heard, one of the moderators made it his mission to follow that guy around with his boot, poised to plant it where the sun don't shine if he misbehaved again
    zbop, thanks for your help,
    this is what i got when i tried benchmarking you tube,
    avereage speed - 19.56%
    bench. data rate - 47 kbit/s
    original data rate - 241 kbit/s
    now i read the link you poted, but after this test im lost with what to do?
    im also not sure what it meant by - increase buffer size accordingly???
    you said somethiong about clearing plugins, if that means clearing internet cashe ... then i tried that if it dosint, then im not sure what you meant?
  4.    #704  
    Quote Originally Posted by psalm21 View Post
    zbop, thanks for your help,
    this is what i got when i tried benchmarking you tube,
    avereage speed - 19.56%
    bench. data rate - 47 kbit/s
    original data rate - 241 kbit/s
    now i read the link you poted, but after this test im lost with what to do?
    im also not sure what it meant by - increase buffer size accordingly???
    you said somethiong about clearing plugins, if that means clearing internet cashe ... then i tried that if it dosint, then im not sure what you meant?
    Wow, that's pretty bad. If you have 265kbps throughput according to dslreports but your playback rate is 47kbps, you probably have a serious bottleneck with the processor or the video driver. What phone do you have and what video driver are you using?

Try downloading the video first to Storage Card, open up the file from within TCPMP, and then run the benchmark again (make sure to save the file with a .flv extension). If the rates don't significantly improve, it's the processor or the video driver. For reference, I am getting 750kbps to 900kbps (Bench Data Rate) if I playback a youtube video off my Storage Card.
    its a treo 700wx.
    average speed - 158.92%
    bench. data rate - 523 kbit/s
    original bench time - 329 kbit/s
    (after i downloaded it, when i just watched it, it worked perfectly, but when i did benchmark, the sound was running two quickly - it sounded like when i used to fast forward a tape?)
    how do i tell which video driver im uding?
    Last edited by psalm21; 09/26/2007 at 02:03 AM.
  6.    #706  
    Quote Originally Posted by psalm21 View Post
    its a treo 700wx.
    average speed - 158.92%
    bench. data rate - 523 kbit/s
    original bench time - 329 kbit/s
    (after i downloaded it, when i just watched it, it worked perfectly, but when i did benchmark, the sound was running two quickly - it sounded like when i used to fast forward a tape?)
    how do i tell which video driver im uding?
    Okay, that is much better. I have a 700wx as well, but I'm running at 520Mhz which explains my higher rate.

It's normal for the audio to sound weird, in Benchmark mode, it simply plays the audio & video as fast as it can without keeping them in sync.

Look at Options -> Video -> Video Driver to determine your driver, but it must be set correctly otherwise you wouldn't have gotten those rates.

Based upon that, then it has to be something with your data network. Either you are getting alot of stalls, high latencies or your data throughput really isn't 265kbps. Did you have an EVDO connection when you tried streaming from youtube?
    i never thought to check that,
    aneway i just did, and untill now, the place where i was trying to watch the video's was using roaming.
    so i moved to a different room, cought the sprint (although im only catching one bar, mabey thats the problem? ill try it tomoro in a better location where i have more bars and let you know!) and along with that edvo, and instead of every three senconds of it stoping to bofur, i now get anywhere beetween 5 to 13 senconds before it stops to bufer.
  8.    #708  
    Yeah, if you have a solid EVDO signal with either Sprint or Verizon, you should be ok with youtube. When you roaming, you're usually on 1x.
    I'm having a problem because Opera Mini is opening as the browser.

Anyone know where I would change the default browser?

I'm using WM6 on a PPC-6800

Thanks
    I have done EVERY thing stated in the instructions installed that version of the video player and plugin and I have reset like ten times and it still won't work for me I got this plugin and was dyin to use it because it has the option to download and streaming to me is pretty unstable and usless but when I dl youtube videos it keeps telling me file not supported when I try and open it.....any suggestions?
  11.    #711  
    Quote Originally Posted by beehtc View Post
    I have done EVERY thing stated in the instructions installed that version of the video player and plugin and I have reset like ten times and it still won't work for me I got this plugin and was dyin to use it because it has the option to download and streaming to me is pretty unstable and usless but when I dl youtube videos it keeps telling me file not supported when I try and open it.....any suggestions?
    1) Go into TCPMP -> Options -> Settings -> File Associations and make sure "Flash Video" is checked.

2) Then, when you save videos, make sure to use a .flv file extension as in "LinkinPark.flv"
  12.    #712  
    Quote Originally Posted by greencat2 View Post

Thanks
    Not sure how to change the default browser, but for the time being, you can start up PIE first and type in this in the address bar:

file://\Program%20Files\TCPMP\sites\videosites.htm

OR if you have it installed on Storage Card:

file://\Storage%20Card\Program%20Fil...videosites.htm

And then bookmark it in PIE.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greencat2 View Post

Thanks
    In opera MOBILE, you go in setting and uncheck use opera has the default browser, it might be the same thing in opera MINI.

Hope this helps
    sorry but i posted this problem in the 750 section... i am having a problem with viewing a video without it buffering every 15 sec or so... i tried adjusting buffer size and still same result.. any solutions thanks
  15.    #715  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue21 View Post
    sorry but i posted this problem in the 750 section... i am having a problem with viewing a video without it buffering every 15 sec or so... i tried adjusting buffer size and still same result.. any solutions thanks
    Blue, click on the "Search this Thread" link above and type in "buffering", you'll get some hits
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Lol, how is xda's favorite whipping-boy doing these days?

Last I heard, one of the moderators made it his mission to follow that guy around with his boot, poised to plant it where the sun don't shine if he misbehaved again
    the dude seems to be keeping a low profile, but who knows? If he decides to return to his old ways, well, there is quite a complement of people willing to have a war of words - me included!
    anyway, 1.3 is quite fast on my ageing Wizard, and JUST might give it a new lease of life. No serious bugs so far, and the only complaint I have is related to my Wi-Fi driver -it WSODs quite frequently.
    The default no-dither isn't enough for me, and these are my settings - with smooth-zoom + dither.

Buffer:480kb
    Preload 3%
    Preload Audio:50kb

Dithern (better smooth video)
    Smooth Zoom (always): Check

And that's it at 247MHz clocked. Will try lower.
    thank you very much man I saved videos as .flv and it works flawless...I was tryin to rename them after I dl them but ththat didn't work...this does thanks a lot...im so happy I got youtube dl back
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I did everything in order. The websites wont load from the selection page. If i manually go to them sometimes they work but the divx movies are very choppy (youtube ok). I've messed with the buffering and everything so much i'm going to reinstall everything after removing the files (Ihave a sprint mogul). so in closing does anyone have this running to perfection on a mogul.
  20.    #720  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipclark1 View Post
    I did everything in order. The websites wont load from the selection page. If i manually go to them sometimes they work but the divx movies are very choppy (youtube ok). I've messed with the buffering and everything so much i'm going to reinstall everything after removing the files (Ihave a sprint mogul). so in closing does anyone have this running to perfection on a mogul.
    Not sure what you mean by the websites wont load from the selection page, what happens exactly? (they are just links after all...)

I don't have a Mogul, but what I've heard others say is that they use GDI for the Video Driver, and use a A/V offset of -250 or -400 msecs to fix the audio sync issue.

Divx content has very high streaming/playback demands so you probably need to be on wifi and even then, I don't think the Mogul has the best performance. You could try sending PM to Mr. Bogard, I belive he has one and has this running.