Page 35 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
  1.    #681  
    It will work from Device or from Storage Card as long as both cabs are installed in the same place.

FYI, the location where you copy the cab file with Activesync really doesn't matter (copying is different from installing).
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    It will work from Device or from Storage Card as long as both cabs are installed in the same place.

FYI, the location where you copy the cab file with Activesync really doesn't matter (copying is different from installing).
    I can see all the plug-ins in the Program Folder on my ActiveSync but it still says "unknown file" when I play a video. I've checked off all the boxes in File Association in the tcpmp on the device. I just finished un-installing it, then re-installed it to my phone but no go. Should I install the tcpmp file then soft-reset, install the flash bundle then soft-reset and last, install the flv plug-ins and soft-reset it again?

Thanks for taking your time and answering my questions. I really appreciate it!
    With the flv plugins, do you have to extract them or is that not necessary? I know you stated it may cause some issues but I wasn't sure if you meant I was putting them in the wrong place.
  4.    #684  
    It should be just like the instructions:

1) Install TCPMP
    2) Install FlashVideoBundle
    3) Soft-reset

You don't need to extract the flv plugins, this happens for you automatically during step #2.

Just so were clear, is it saying "Unknown file format"?

You shouldn't have to change any of the file assocations, really the only file association that needs to be set is .m3u, and that is taken care of during Step #2.

Are you running a cooked ROM by any chance? And you're sure you installed the Smartphone version of TCPMP?

You can also try saving the video to your Storage Card (make sure to call it something like "video.flv"), and then try to open the file with TCPMP. This will tell us if the flv plugins are working.
    Yes it is saying "unknown file format". So let me get this straight, all I need to do is install the 2 cabs you have in the instructions? There is no need to install the 3rd cab named flvplugins?
  6.    #686  
    What 3rd cab are you talking about?

The instructions in the first post only mentions 2 cabs.
    Ok I am trying to go to any of the adult sites and it loads and I get audio but no video playback???? I just get a green screen and it shows it playing and buffering? I have a 750 on at&t if that makes a difference.

any help.
    This is awesome! Now i can watch youtube anytime I am bored or waiting in line...

You rock!

ben

In keeping with the GPL, the source code is available HERE and below.
    EDIT: once I figure out how to get past the size restrictions.
    Version 1.3.1 attached below:
    See, I thought I also had to DL this file from sourceforge. Maybe that's what is screwing me all up.
  10.    #690  
    Quote Originally Posted by rflores2323 View Post
    Ok I am trying to go to any of the adult sites and it loads and I get audio but no video playback???? I just get a green screen and it shows it playing and buffering? I have a 750 on at&t if that makes a difference.

any help.
    Not sure about the green screen. If you do a google search, you'll turn up some hits, but no real resolution.

You can also search the corecodec forum archive, link here.

I've never seen that, so I'm not sure what to make of it. Have you tried the other sites like youtube? If you are running TCPMP .81RC1, that could be a reason. The other things you can do are to trying changing the video driver, or soft-reset.
  11.    #691  
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbeenz View Post
    See, I thought I also had to DL this file from sourceforge. Maybe that's what is screwing me all up.
    No, that link is for the source code. GPL licensing requires that you make the source code available, but you don't need to install anything from that link.

You should probably remove all the installed cabs and start over. If that doesn't work, there may be some issue specific to Blackjack that I'm not aware of, and you can try finding other Blackjack owners who have installed successfully from another forum. You can also try vTap which is another mobile video solution, that might work better for you.
    Not sure about the green screen. If you do a google search, you'll turn up some hits, but no real resolution.

You can also search the corecodec forum archive, link here.

I've never seen that, so I'm not sure what to make of it. Have you tried the other sites like youtube? If you are running TCPMP .81RC1, that could be a reason. The other things you can do are to trying changing the video driver, or soft-reset.
    changed the video driver and it worked.. alittle choppy but it works.. I am getting 600k from dsl reports so it shouldnt be choppy.. how can I fix this to get a smooth stream?
    Has anyone got it to work on their Samsung Blackjack?

I got it going on the Divx website but the only one it does'nt play is youtube videos. Thanks for all your help Zbop!
    Last edited by coolbeenz; 09/24/2007 at 02:42 PM.
    hi, i am new to this whole thing, and i just installed tcpmp and flash video bundle, and yes i did the soft reset, but after every three seconds it stops to buffer. i tried veoh and you tube, full and skweezer, same thing by all of them. i did the dsl speed test and i got 265 kbps.
    im using a treo 700wx. if anyone can help, thanks in advance!
    Last edited by psalm21; 09/24/2007 at 11:02 PM.
  15.    #695  
    Quote Originally Posted by psalm21 View Post
    hi, i am new to this whole thing, and i just installed tcpmp and flash video bundle, and yes i did the soft reset, but after every three seconds it stops to buffer. i tried veoh and you tube, full and skweezer, same thing by all of them. i did the dsl speed test and i got 265 kbps.
    im using a treo 700wx. if anyone can help, thanks in advance!
    Skweezer only modifies the HTML content, not the streaming content, so it won't help TCPMP.

In terms of bandwidth/processor requirements: Stage6 > Veoh > Youtube

You should be able to stream Youtube at 265kbps though. Try running the Benchmark option described here with a few Youtube videos:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=645

And report back what rates you get.

One other thing I noticed is that I saw a huge difference in playback depending on whether my Treo was "clean" (no apps installed) and when it was fully loaded with today plugins and all kinds of crap.
  16.    #696  
    Quote Originally Posted by rflores2323 View Post
    changed the video driver and it worked.. alittle choppy but it works.. I am getting 600k from dsl reports so it shouldnt be choppy.. how can I fix this to get a smooth stream?
    Are you using DirectDraw with a Mogul? If so, that driver runs pretty slow. You can try some utilities to optimize your processor speed such as XCPUScalar or Teksoft Speedbooster if it works on your device.
    First of all very nice work!

Is it possible to have a custom configuration file for sites which are not natively supported so that I can tell videoloader to recognize links and how to parse them?

thanks again.
  18. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    This might be a dumb question but, when streaming (not downloading), where is the cache or temp files stored for this app? The reason I ask is I just ran the 1.15update & my storage memory has soared from 12mb's to 35mb's & I want to make sure im clearing any temp files or cache that could have caused my storage memory to get so low.
  19.    #699  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    This might be a dumb question but, when streaming (not downloading), where is the cache or temp files stored for this app? The reason I ask is I just ran the 1.15update & my storage memory has soared from 12mb's to 35mb's & I want to make sure im clearing any temp files or cache that could have caused my storage memory to get so low.
    There are no cache files for the streaming.

But browsing these video sites will can fill up your PIE cache pretty quickly.
  20.    #700  
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor View Post
    First of all very nice work!

Is it possible to have a custom configuration file for sites which are not natively supported so that I can tell videoloader to recognize links and how to parse them?

thanks again.
    Yeah, I like how you think

With each version, I am trying to generalize the logic and implement rules for the site interaction so that support can be added by simply defining a set of strings. It isn't quite to the point where it can be completely configuration driven, but it's getting closer.

The reality is though, it's harder to find sites that are compatible than you think. One reason is that the FLV codecs used by TCPMP are either incomplete, or out-of-date.

For instance, I have to eliminate many sites because:
    - encoding is not compatible
    - logic for deriving links is embedded in compiled or compressed flash content (I don't have any decompile code)
    - logic uses some complicated handshake (encryption or otherwise) to prevent access except via their flash/javascript code
    - content is encoded at too high a bitrate
    - site doesn't actually host the content, just a link aggregrator

Anyways, one of these days I'll finish the XML config so you can provide the configuration yourself. Until then, if you have a site you want added, just PM me the details.