Page 34 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 1597
  1. #661  
    I think I'm running the same WM6 build on my hx4700 as john and I just wanted to say that the new unsigned version works perfectly.
  2. #662  
    Well, I feel like kind of a free-loader. I just jumped on the TCPMP bandwagon after Zbop did his majic and all you others helped with the testing. All I can say is WOW! Great job! Installed easily and works fantastic. Better than I expected (v1.3.1).

    Thanks,

    -Frank

    P.S. Also installed vTap. Interesting, but I like the direct approach of TCPMP better. Both are good though.
  3. #663  
    So i did everything right as far as installing both cab files the only thing is when the play opens after i click a link for a video and the player opens it says:

    Player:http://209.85.239.20/get_video?
    video_id=4I72yX8wHDM&origin=shc-
    v58.sjc.youtube.com
    Unknown file format!

    what's going on? I did everything i read to do right
  4. #664  
    i have a US Cellular Moto Q. Version 1.3 works fine, its just it has alot of lag and buffers every few seconds. Is there anyway to fix this?
  5.    #665  
    Quote Originally Posted by abercoreyfitch View Post
    So i did everything right as far as installing both cab files the only thing is when the play opens after i click a link for a video and the player opens it says:

    Player:http://209.85.239.20/get_video?
    video_id=4I72yX8wHDM&origin=shc-
    v58.sjc.youtube.com
    Unknown file format!

    what's going on? I did everything i read to do right
    "Unknown file format" means that TCPMP does not know what to do with that stream. That means it hasn't registered the FLV plugins from the FlashVideoBundle, so either:

    (a) You were running TCPMP at the time of the FlashVideoBundle was installed and didn't restart it afterwards.

    (b) You didn't install the cabs in the same location.

    Verify that there is an "flvffmpeg.plg" and "flvsplitter.plg" in your TCPMP install directory and then exit TCPMP and retry it.
  6.    #666  
    Quote Originally Posted by cpoythress31191 View Post
    i have a US Cellular Moto Q. Version 1.3 works fine, its just it has alot of lag and buffers every few seconds. Is there anyway to fix this?
    What site are you accessing? If you have 3G, you should have enough bandwidth for youtube.
  7.    #667  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    Well, I feel like kind of a free-loader. I just jumped on the TCPMP bandwagon after Zbop did his majic and all you others helped with the testing. All I can say is WOW! Great job! Installed easily and works fantastic. Better than I expected (v1.3.1).

    Thanks,

    -Frank

    P.S. Also installed vTap. Interesting, but I like the direct approach of TCPMP better. Both are good though.
    Thanks! Yeah use 'em both for different reasons
  8.    #668  
    Quote Originally Posted by xosag View Post
    I think I'm running the same WM6 build on my hx4700 as john and I just wanted to say that the new unsigned version works perfectly.
    Thanks, I'll post both versions in the future.
  9. #669  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    What site are you accessing? If you have 3G, you should have enough bandwidth for youtube.
    I'm trying to access youtube. It works for like 5 seconds then it buffers. Once it buffers the first time, it does it repeatedly every 3 seconds.
  10.    #670  
    Quote Originally Posted by cpoythress31191 View Post
    I'm trying to access youtube. It works for like 5 seconds then it buffers. Once it buffers the first time, it does it repeatedly every 3 seconds.
    What type of data connection do you have, is it EVDO, Edge, HSDPA?

    You might want to check your throughput capabilities here:

    http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed

    Also, see this post here on buffering:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=645

    If you network connection is too slow, you might want to try when you have better signal. If that doesn't work, check out vTap.
  11. #671  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    What type of data connection do you have, is it EVDO, Edge, HSDPA?

    You might want to check your throughput capabilities here:

    http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed

    Also, see this post here on buffering:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=645

    If you network connection is too slow, you might want to try when you have better signal. If that doesn't work, check out vTap.
    I'm guessing its my network connection. I tried it with better signal and that didnt work either. I tried vTap and its working alot better for me than the other method. So I'm gonna go with this. Thanks alot!
  12. #672  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    What type of data connection do you have, is it EVDO, Edge, HSDPA?

    You might want to check your throughput capabilities here:

    http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed

    Also, see this post here on buffering:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=645

    If you network connection is too slow, you might want to try when you have better signal. If that doesn't work, check out vTap.
    Ok so after the night, I realized that vTap wasn't that much different afterall. I'm not exactly sure on what type of data connection I have. I went to phone information and beside technology it says "CDMA 1X-EVDO" so im guessing that means I have EVDO.

    Also I wasnt exactly sure what to do on the dslreports site. i tested the 50k and the 100k. on the 50k test i got 41kb/s (latency 3.244s) and the 100 i got 51kb/s (latency 1.854s).

    I adjusted my buffer settings to how it is on the FAQ and it didnt help.

    any suggestions?
  13. #673  
    Well, I was a little late to this party, but since I picked up an extra battery two weeks ago, I feel fine about blowing through its charge, since I have another one on deck all the time. This is seriously cool, zbop. Excellent work. Way to wring even more functionality out of our already awesome devices...
    END OF LINE
  14. #674  
    Im noticing something. when i had it with -250 before on offset it was syncing the way i like it with youtube. Now it seems that its syncing a little bit off now. i tried playing around couldnt find something. Does someone have a new offset number or methods to get my sync back on track?

    Thanks for the fix zbop.
  15.    #675  
    Quote Originally Posted by cpoythress31191 View Post
    Ok so after the night, I realized that vTap wasn't that much different afterall. I'm not exactly sure on what type of data connection I have. I went to phone information and beside technology it says "CDMA 1X-EVDO" so im guessing that means I have EVDO.

    Also I wasnt exactly sure what to do on the dslreports site. i tested the 50k and the 100k. on the 50k test i got 41kb/s (latency 3.244s) and the 100 i got 51kb/s (latency 1.854s).

    I adjusted my buffer settings to how it is on the FAQ and it didnt help.

    any suggestions?
    At those rates, you won't be able to stream video. Youtube requires somewhere around 200-300kbps, and vTap and Mobile Youtube probably half that.

    For reference, I get 700-800kbps, sometimes as high as 1000kbps on Sprint EVDO.

    Try when you are in a different coverage area or a different time of day. If you can't get better throughput, you'll be limited to streaming audio. The other option is to use wifi.
  16. #676  
    Hello Zbop, believe it or not, I read through all the pages and I'm still running through the issue where it says "unknown file". This is exactly what I did:
    1) Installed tcpmp to my storage card
    2) Installed FlashBundle to my storage card
    3) Installed the flv pug-ins to the device under program files and then extracted them to the storage card file under tcpmp folder. The reason I did this is because when I store them in the storage card it does not recognize the file.
    4) Soft Reset

    Is this the correct way? I still cannot get it to work. Thanks in advance.
  17.    #677  
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbeenz View Post
    Hello Zbop, believe it or not, I read through all the pages and I'm still running through the issue where it says "unknown file". This is exactly what I did:
    1) Installed tcpmp to my storage card
    2) Installed FlashBundle to my storage card
    3) Installed the flv pug-ins to the device under program files and then extracted them to the storage card file under tcpmp folder. The reason I did this is because when I store them in the storage card it does not recognize the file.
    4) Soft Reset

    Is this the correct way? I still cannot get it to work. Thanks in advance.
    Step 3 shouldn't be necessary and can cause other issues. Go to your TCPMP install folder and check for the file "video.m3u". Open it up in notepad and paste the contents here.
  18. #678  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Step 3 shouldn't be necessary and can cause other issues. Go to your TCPMP install folder and check for the file "video.m3u". Open it up in notepad and paste the contents here.
    I opened up the folder but could not find that file. That is something I get to through my connection with ActiveSync right?

    EDIT: I forgot to mention, I am using a Samsung Blackjack WM5.
    Last edited by coolbeenz; 09/24/2007 at 12:43 AM. Reason: additional info
  19.    #679  
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbeenz View Post
    I opened up the folder but could not find that file. That is something I get to through my connection with ActiveSync right?

    EDIT: I forgot to mention, I am using a Samsung Blackjack WM5.
    Yeah, you should be able to navigate through Activesync. Any time you click on a video, you should have a playlist in your TCPMP install folder named "video.m3u". If you installed the FlashVideoBundle on both Storage Card and main storage, check both places for it. Sounds like something is amiss, or it is confused.
  20. #680  
    I'm thinking it's not recognizing the flv plugin. Where should I set the cab file at? Should I put it in the same folder as the other two? Will it make a difference if I install it to my device rather than the storage card?

Posting Permissions