Page 33 of 80 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 1597
  1. #641  
    Something is up with Skweezer.. it seems to break the video playback on a handful of these sites. Shame too, because I think it does a better job at stripping them down than MobileLeap does. Or maybe it's not Skweezer and this thing is just hit or miss sometimes.. regardless I'm pretty psyched about the overall performance. It's especially great on the mogul since it's the only real streaming video solution that works worth a damn.
    Last edited by MrBogard; 09/20/2007 at 03:08 AM.
  2. #642  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    I think you may be right about the non-official ROMS being the issue, but I'm not sure why. I did start signing the files in the CAB starting with v1.1.

    Let me build an unsigned v1.2 CAB and see if that works for you.
    I'm getting the same "cannot be installed" with the new v1.3. So far, only 1.0 has actually installed on my WM6 iPaQ hx4700.
  3.    #643  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBogard View Post
    Something is up with Skweezer.. it seems to break the video playback on a handful of these sites. Shame too, because I think it does a better job at stripping them down than MobileLeap does. Or maybe it's not Skweezer and this thing is just hit or miss sometimes.. regardless I'm pretty psyched about the overall performance. It's especially great on the mogul since it's the only real streaming video solution that works worth a damn.
    When you say it breaks the video playback, what do you mean?

    Skweezer only rewrites the html and images, it does nothing for the streaming. And for sites like divxtube or the adult divx, the links sometimes point to videos on stage6 that are no longer there.

    If you can post or PM me info on the links that don't work, I'll take a look.
  4.    #644  
    Quote Originally Posted by john0902 View Post
    I'm getting the same "cannot be installed" with the new v1.3. So far, only 1.0 has actually installed on my WM6 iPaQ hx4700.
    Give this one a try and see if it works.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zbop; 09/22/2007 at 12:59 PM.
  5.    #645  
    Since I get a lot of questions regarding playback and buffering...

    There seems to be this notion that you can "fix" problems with playback by simply tweaking your buffer settings. In most cases this is not true, there is no magic bullet.

    In general, buffering will do two things:
    1) By buffering data ahead of time, you can keep playback smooth when there are hiccups in your data transmission.
    2) You can overcome small issues with buffer underruns when the data drain rate is slightly faster than the data input rate. And this requires that you buffer in advance of playback (which TCPMP doesn't do by the way).

    To put this into perspective... Let's say that to playback a certain video in the correct fps, it requires a data rate of 600kps. And say that your measured network data rate is about 300kps. If you wanted to play a 30-minute divx video, then you would need to buffer at least 15 minutes before playing and would require approximately 34MB of program memory for the buffer.

    So in order for buffering to be effective, the clip should be short and the delta between network rate and playback rate should be small. Once again, this presupposes that the player buffers before playing (most streaming players automatically do this, but as far as I can tell TCPMP doesn't).

    If you want to do your own research into what your phone can handle, you can try the following:

    Pick a video and when in TCPMP, select File -> Benchmark. Let it play for a minute, then tap the screen and check the results. Look at your "Average Speed", "Original Data Rate" and "Bench. Data Rate".

    If your Average Speed is say less than 90%, you may be SOL for long video clips. If it's a short video clip, you might be able to get by with 70%. You'll need to increase your buffer size accordingly, and press pause at the beginning of a video for this to work. You can also tweak your video display settings or audio settings to try and improve your Bench. Data rate.

    So I've tested all of the video sites that I've added and I have been able to stream relatively smoothly from all sites using a wired connection or a wifi connection with my CPU speed bumped to 520Mhz via XCPUScalar on my 700wx. However, some sites I had to eliminate because the streaming requirements were just too high.

    What I've noticed is that:
    1) if I get a spinning pie cursor from TCPMP, it means my network is too slow (buffer underrun)
    2) if I get jerky video or all I see is still images in the video, but the audio seems to stream, my processor is too slow.

    I've been able to fix (1) by moving to a faster connection and fix (2) by using XCPUScalar.

    If your stats tell you that don't have enough horsepower or bandwidth, you might want to stick to youtube and crunchyroll, or look into one of the other youtube options that use lower-bandwidth content.
  6. #646  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Give this one a try and see if it works.
    Installed perfectly without the signing and it's working great!

    This is so, so, so cool.

    Thanks much for your work.
  7. #647  
    I'm loving this program but I have one small problem. Although I request that it saves my videos on my storage card it appears to temporarily store them in main memory. I'm guessing this has something to do with IE settings. Unfortunately because I have little main memory I can't download files of more than about 10MB. Is there anyway to change IE so that it's temporary files are stored on my storage card? Or even that this temporary storage is skipped altogether and it's saved directly to my storage card?
    Last edited by rufus001; 09/21/2007 at 06:02 AM.
  8. #648  
    Don't worry. I've decided to stop being such a lazy ******* and have figured it out for myself.
  9. #649  
    wow didn't know u had updated it z good looks gonna dl and try it
  10. #650  
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus001 View Post
    I'm loving this program but I have one small problem. Although I request that it saves my videos on my storage card it appears to temporarily store them in main memory. I'm guessing this has something to do with IE settings. Unfortunately because I have little main memory I can't download files of more than about 10MB. Is there anyway to change IE so that it's temporary files are stored on my storage card? Or even that this temporary storage is skipped altogether and it's saved directly to my storage card?
    well on the mogul there is tweak to change the ie settings to the storage card that way u can dl large files w/o temp storing it on the device memory...


    anyway to just uninstall the video site link ? don't really need it
  11.    #651  
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus001 View Post
    Don't worry. I've decided to stop being such a lazy ******* and have figured it out for myself.
    Rufus, did you verify that it is temporarily saving them to main storage? I was not aware of this.
  12.    #652  
    Quote Originally Posted by rosegold View Post
    well on the mogul there is tweak to change the ie settings to the storage card that way u can dl large files w/o temp storing it on the device memory...


    anyway to just uninstall the video site link ? don't really need it
    Just delete "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Video Sites.lnk"

    If you need it later, you can use:

    \Program Files\TCPMP\sites\videosites.htm
  13. #653  
    I have a problem with my new Mogul. Loaded everything fine but i cant hear a sound and i checked to make sure its not on vibrate and all the audio drives in options...some one help the new guy..Thanks
  14. #654  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Rufus, did you verify that it is temporarily saving them to main storage? I was not aware of this.
    Yep. "\windows\profiles\guest\temporary internet files\content.ie5\"

    It can be changed via a Registry setting:

    \HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

    I simply changed the "Cache" to the Storage Card and rebooted.

    Please note that I am a novice at this and may PDA may be about to blow up at any minute.

    p.s. I'm using WM6 on a Dopod838(HTC Hermes).

    p.p.s. There may be a way of changing this setting without a Registry edit but I couldn't find it.

    p.p.p.s I'm glad I could be of assistance to you after all you have done for us.
  15. #655  
    I'm having a problem with veoh. It won't let me play videos anymore. I'm logged in and everything. Im using mogul and when I click the play video from the drop down box and nothing happens. Can someone let me know what's happening?.
  16.    #656  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigshot View Post
    I have a problem with my new Mogul. Loaded everything fine but i cant hear a sound and i checked to make sure its not on vibrate and all the audio drives in options...some one help the new guy..Thanks
    Bigshot, take a look at this thread, this may be a known problem with the Moguls:

    http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=139724

    You may just need to soft-reset.
  17.    #657  
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus001 View Post
    Yep. "\windows\profiles\guest\temporary internet files\content.ie5\"

    It can be changed via a Registry setting:

    \HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

    I simply changed the "Cache" to the Storage Card and rebooted.

    Please note that I am a novice at this and may PDA may be about to blow up at any minute.

    p.s. I'm using WM6 on a Dopod838(HTC Hermes).

    p.p.s. There may be a way of changing this setting without a Registry edit but I couldn't find it.

    p.p.p.s I'm glad I could be of assistance to you after all you have done for us.
    Thanks for posting that.

    Although be aware that others have had issues when changing their IE cache to the storage card. I'm sure if you do a search you'll turn up some stuff.
  18.    #658  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackakuma View Post
    I'm having a problem with veoh. It won't let me play videos anymore. I'm logged in and everything. Im using mogul and when I click the play video from the drop down box and nothing happens. Can someone let me know what's happening?.
    Is this all veoh videos or just some?
  19.    #659  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Is this all veoh videos or just some?
    Nevermind, just confirmed the issue, fix coming up...
  20.    #660  
    Just respun the v1.3 version with a fix for some of the veoh videos, download from the first post.

Posting Permissions