Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Okay, I finally got around to playing with this...

(1) Wow. This is what streaming video should look like

(2) I use Teksoft's Speedbooster on TCMP: little safer/modest than OC'ing the device. Plus, you can tell it to give "higher priority" to just TCMP, instead of the system. Gives a little extra juice.

(3) I use Direct Draw for the driver, but Intel X-Scale seems ok too. Preference?

(4) Under settings, you can choose the pre-buffer. So I put mine at 15%. I also increased the Audio buffer to 400kb along with "Override AVI frame rate based on audio" (under "Advanced"). Doing this seems to keep the audio and video in check. Feedback from anyone else?

(5) Of course you can UPX the TCMP .dll files to make it all load slightly faster.

Any one else have any tips to share?
    Good suggestions, Mal!

One thing though, I tried out your settings, and it seems to work OK on youtube, but on higher quality videos like Veoh, it makes it more choppy. I get much smoother playback with "Raw framebuffer" and lower values for preload, although it takes a few seconds at the beginning of a video before it smooths out.

I tried to pre-configure settings for the worst possible case, but everyone's phone and connection are different so YMMV

When in doubt, tweak it!
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    (2) I use Teksoft's Speedbooster on TCMP: little safer/modest than OC'ing the device. Plus, you can tell it to give "higher priority" to just TCMP, instead of the system. Gives a little extra juice.
    BTW, did you notice any difference in modifying the priority? I initially tweaked the priority of TCPMP in my code thinking it would help, but I didn't notice any difference so I took it out. Just curious...
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    BTW, did you notice any difference in modifying the priority? I initially tweaked the priority of TCPMP in my code thinking it would help, but I didn't notice any difference so I took it out. Just curious...
    Hard to say. In general, I always notice a performance leap when using this app to concentrate the CPU on it. Right now I have it at "Above Normal" though I could bump it to "Highest". Will have to test.

Your above post is probably correct: I was limiting myself to Youtube only, so what you said is quite true.

I guess that's the question: find what's the best combo of those settings to maximize performance/quality. Right now, I'm just taking stabs If we get enough consensus, we can make some general statements about what works, what doesn't.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4. Nic
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I have a question. I installed both of the cab files to program files in my device.
    When i go to youtube.com and attempt to watch a vid, and click on a video nothing happens? I wait and it freezes up. I have soft resetted Any ideas?

I dont believe i had a previous version of TCPMP to remove. Is this right?
    Last edited by Nic; 07/31/2007 at 08:45 PM.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    I have a question. I installed both of the cab files to program files in my device.
    When i go to youtube.com and attempt to watch a vid, and click on a video nothing happens? I wait and it freezes up. I have soft resetted Any ideas?

I dont believe i had a previous version of TCPMP to remove. Is this right?
    Make sure not to immediately reset if it isn't responsive, there are some bugs related to connection-management so it may freeze for a short period and then resume. Try other videos as well.

Multiple people have reported this, although I almost never see it. It may be exacerbated by conflicts with other software, at the moment I am running on a stock Treo 700wx with nothing on it but TCPMP and the FlashVideoBundle.

I'm working on some fixes to alleviate the problem, hopefully by the weekend
  6. Nic
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    The video doesn't start. When it is clicked nothing happens?
    Is the TCPMP you are referring to the same one you have posted in post#1? What software do you know of that conflicts with this?

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Nic; 07/31/2007 at 09:14 PM.
  7.    #47  
    The video doesn't start. When it is clicked nothing happens?
    Is the TCPMP you are referring to the same one you have posted in post#1? What software do you know of that conflicts with this?

Thanks for the help.
    What model phone/PDA do you have and what version of WM are you running? Did you try video.google.com or www.veoh.com too?

Yeah, the TCPMP I have installed is the same CAB linked in the first post.

I'm not aware of any conflicts at the moment, that's just speculation on my part since I rarely see any hangs. The only software that might cause conflicts are other programs that hook into PIE, like potentially PIEPlus. I tested PIEPlus briefly to make sure the mechanism worked, but I didn't do extensive testing.

Sorry that you can't get the videos to work, maybe you can help me test out the new version when it's ready
  8. Nic
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    700 WX
    WM 5
    I feel like im missing some simple part. This is what I did.

1. I never downloaded TCPMP before this so I assume i dont have to remove it.
    2. Downloaded both cabs, synced to storage card, installed to device in the order you posted.
    3. Soft reset.
    4. Type in youtube.com using pie. It brings me to the site and when I click on a video pic or title, nothing happens, no matter how long I wait?

I would happy to test out an updated version for you.
    700 WX
    WM 5
    I feel like im missing some simple part. This is what I did.

1. I never downloaded TCPMP before this so I assume i dont have to remove it.
    2. Downloaded both cabs, synced to storage card, installed to device in the order you posted.
    3. Soft reset.
    4. Type in youtube.com using pie. It brings me to the site and when I click on a video pic or title, nothing happens, no matter how long I wait?

I would happy to test out an updated version for you.
    Questions: Can you click on the the TCPMP icon in your Start Menu and launch the program independently?

Can you play any file using TCPMP on your device? (media file)

Have you performed any tweaks in the past related to PIE? (e.g. PIE cache on card)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Thanks for your persistence. I've got it up and running on my 700w. My wife asked what the big deal was (she wasn't impressed ). Glad I could share the joy with like minded folks...

Thanks again!
    Amazing stuff, thankl you. Running this on an HTC Mogul over EVDO and it works like a charm. Best handheld YouTube experience I've seen.

Now if it only worked with Opera
  12. Nic
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Yes I can open TCPMP from my start menu as well as listen to my music onit.

How to i open you tube on it? Still when i go to youtube.com and click on a video nothing happens/
    I can open TCPMP but CONNOT listen to music. It chops, stops, basically unusable. However, YOUTUBE works perfectly.
  14. Nic
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    This is interesting. I can watch the vdeos only on www.veoh.com, not on any of the other sites. Since youtube.com is what i spend most of my time on, it would great if i could get this to work. I'm missing something.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    OMG! This sh*t works perfect! Every single video streamed perfect!!

Good lookin out!!!!
    So i have read many ways to get this on the 700wx wich is the right one a bit confused????? thanks in advance ...can someone clear this up???
    Works great so far, now we can always play "**** in a box" to put a smile on our faces during a long work day!!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Wow, this is awesome! And like its already been said, would LOVE for this to work with Opera. I don't see why it shouldn't though, shouldn't you just need to create a function that just allows the program to run from links in Opera as well?
    Did you guys download and install directly to the treo or did you download through desktop activesync? And where did you save it to? A stroage card?

I am missing something since its not working for me.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidous)Snake View Post
    Did you guys download and install directly to the treo or did you download through desktop activesync? And where did you save it to? A stroage card?

I am missing something since its not working for me.
    Download directly to the Treo. Saved on storage card. I just follow the directions to the letter and it works fine.

D
Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast