Page 28 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    i copied all files from the FlashBundle to Windows and it does launch the TCPMP player when clicking link in youtube, but then comes up with error:
    Unknown file format.

hmm.. so close...

also the TCPMP program is 0.81RC1 Beta
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    oh no, now i did it started changed anything that had program files\TCPMP to just windows and now when i go to youtube, i see the video in the FLASH Player and plays versus launching TCPMP

lol...

so how do i make it not play in flash in IE, but launch TCPMP like i had before?
    Last edited by ekhanh101; 09/05/2007 at 03:47 PM.
    I checked my profile as suggested earlier and the sound and ringer is turned on. Video is great but I get no sound. I tried utube, google video - all the same. tried messing with audio settings - no luck.
    Help - any suggestions. thanks.

ZBOP - thanks for your suggestion. The link had a fix which worked like a charm.
    Last edited by adib; 09/07/2007 at 12:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    incase someone else has same issues. i reinstalled the flashBundle cab, then regedit where HKLM\Software\TCPMP\Location is located and pointed to \windows (since that where the cooked rom has the player.dll) copied the two *.plg and videoloader.dll to the windows folder and it works.
    May I ask how can I fix the lag rate and how come every 3-5 seconds the spinny thing comes and the video stops?
  6.    #546  
    Quote Originally Posted by adib View Post
    I checked my profile as suggested earlier and the sound and ringer is turned on. Video is great but I get no sound. I tried utube, google video - all the same. tried messing with audio settings - no luck.
    Help - any suggestions. thanks.
    I would check the everythingq.com forum for issues with TCPMP. Also you can look at the following threads:

http://otechno.blogspot.com/2006/11/...q-windows.html
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/motor...m-q-sound.html
  7.    #547  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhanh101 View Post
    incase someone else has same issues. i reinstalled the flashBundle cab, then regedit where HKLM\Software\TCPMP\Location is located and pointed to \windows (since that where the cooked rom has the player.dll) copied the two *.plg and videoloader.dll to the windows folder and it works.
    Cool, glad you got it working.
  8.    #548  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Star View Post
    May I ask how can I fix the lag rate and how come every 3-5 seconds the spinny thing comes and the video stops?
    Unfortunately, the best thing you can probably do to fix that is: switch to a carrier with a better network. If you are using EDGE or anything below that (performance-wise), you may have issues.

One thing you can try to do is to increase your buffer size and when a video starts, press the pause button for 15-20 seconds before letting it play. Others have reported that this works well for them.
    You need to change the settings in TCPMP
    You need to change
    options/settings/select page/buffering
    adjust the preload % and audio kb. One of the earlier posts in this thread states what the values should be.
    I have mine at 15% AND 200kb.

I also went to options/video/video driver and selected DirectDraw
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    what's the deal with the *hint hint* *wink wink* and *nods nods*? am I missinf something in faq?
  11.    #551  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkeo View Post
    what's the deal with the *hint hint* *wink wink* and *nods nods*? am I missinf something in faq?
    Hahah, no. The *hint hint* is just there to restate the obvious, which is...

If you are looking for the answer to a question, start with the "Frequently-Asked-Questions", that's what it's there for
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    If you are looking for the answer to a question, start with the "Frequently-Asked-Questions", that's what it's there for
    Haha. As one of the original offenders I just wanted to reinforce Zbop's message. Any problems I've had have been solved via the FAQ, in this case with a little **nudge** from the maestro himself.
  13.    #553  
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus001 View Post
    Haha. As one of the original offenders I just wanted to reinforce Zbop's message. Any problems I've had have been solved via the FAQ, in this case with a little **nudge** from the maestro himself.
    Thanks Rufus!

BTW, my comment wasn't aimed at you specifically, just in general to the many n00bs that come here. The less time I engage in spoon-feeding, the more time I have to implement new features and add new sites
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I think the newest plugin which was working yesterday has stopped working as of the writing of this post... can anyone confirm?
    divxtube doesn't load for some reason wheel spins for a second but tcpmp doesn't load...
    It works on O2 flame^^
    THX a lot.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    not working on at&t 8525 nor sprint htc mogul.. is it possible youtube keeps changing things to thwart this program and keep their iphone exclusivity?
    Zbop - Sorry if I confused about the chained videos, I'm referring to videos, that are usually large videos so to meet YouTube rules, the videos get divided into several videos, so for example a documentary video about Jessica Alba is divided into 1-5, when you play the first video on either www.ytpocket.com or www.youtube.com, on the left panel on full YouTube on PC I get the 4-5 videos so I can quickly play them after finishing with the first one. What would be the best option for Pocket version?
    Still works great on the Blackjack.
    Orb has FLV support, but it doesn't display... any chance on making that work?

Great work by the way!