Page 27 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031323777 ... LastLast
    Very nice job zbop. One small problem. Whenever I try the *hint hint* in the FAQ I get an error message, "Invalid returned link". I've tried several videos and there all the same. I'm running WM6 on a Dopod 838. You're actual program itself works perfectly!
  2.    #522  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenp1200 View Post
    Hey guys...Thank you once again zbop for this plugin. Works great. You Tube looks great on my Mogul 6800, BUT every now after a successful upload, video cuts in and out getting interrupted by a colored pin wheel. Is this interruption an outcome of software or reception issues? If it is a reception issue, what are the best buffer settings for smoother video with out reducing quality? Recently I just changed the "normal Buffer(1984,)" "Preload at Underrun (15%,)" "Preload for Audio (64kb,) Microdrive (checked,) Microdrive Buffer Size (20000kb,) and Micro Drive Starts (1472 KB.) I did this with the idea of increasing any of these values would make the video work supreme. Did I totally jack things?
    Please Help
    If you get the colored pinwheel *after* the video as started, I believe that means the buffer is empty and your network connection isn't fast enough or consistent enough to handle the content. Intuitively, you would think that jacking up the values would help, but I haven't found that to be the case. I also did not have any success with MicroDrive mode.

You can try Malatesta's suggestions here, they may work for you:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&postcount=39

By the way, I spent some time searching the old TCPMP forum looking for the "answer" and found mostly questions with no definitive answer on how to solve the buffer stalls. I suspect the right answer is that someone needs to get their hands dirty and start hacking on the TCPMP code itself to improve the buffering.
  3.    #523  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Zbop,

Thanks for this solutions. Installs and works nicely (assuming evdo coverage is good).

Maybe I missed it in the FAQ, but is there a way to $upport you efforts? Or ship the case of Red Vines and Dr. Pepper?
    Ahhh.... Red Vines and Dr. Pepper, that brings back memories

Thanks for asking, but no support necessary.

If I sink enough time into this, I might eventually put up a paypal link, but for now just enjoy, tell a friend, watch , heheh.
  4.    #524  
    Quote Originally Posted by greencloudz View Post
    ciao zbop
    The faqs are v helpful, thx.
    I recommend anyone with a q, ck them out.
    My Trinity has a EDGE GPRS connectn, so I tried yr suggs, plus have been using the teksoft speedbooster, (nice app), but alas the spinning color wheel doth spin too much.
    I will try the Iscalar (sp.), but,...and forgive a dumb q,...need I be concerned it can harm my Trinity?
    or does the fellow at sourceforge have other direcns for tweaking tcpmp's settings?
    Thx again man,
    green
    Regarding the TCPMP settings, see my response two posts up. If you are on EDGE, that's probably the issue.

With any type of overclocking, use at your own risk. I've never had any problems with it though.
  5.    #525  
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus001 View Post
    Very nice job zbop. One small problem. Whenever I try the *hint hint* in the FAQ I get an error message, "Invalid returned link". I've tried several videos and there all the same. I'm running WM6 on a Dopod 838. You're actual program itself works perfectly!
    Rufus, when youtube changed the format of their content a week ago, many methods for accessing it broke, including the Youtube Download app. I'll remove that suggestion from the FAQ until a fixed version is posted.

However, there was a another method posted in the FAQ, that should still work. Did you try that? *hint hint*
    Sorry if I confused, you, I mean related videos, these are usually large videos so to meet YouTube rules, the videos get divided into several videos so for example video 1-5, when you play the first video, on the left panel on full YouTube on PC I get the 4-5 videos so I can quickly play them. What would be the best option for this version?
    just had to post a message saying how amazing this works WOW thanks a million
    Hey, I installed both the flash plugin and the tcmp player and everything was working fine for a while... youtube looked good, i could play tons of movies and such, but suddenly it just stopped working. I tried reinstalling both files, and yes, they are both in the same folder on my treo 750, but no luck. I can still play movies off of my sd card, but youtube itself won't work... it pretty much started when youtube switched over to youtube mobile (although I just clicked classic view because thats what had been working) so I thought that maybe they upgraded the flash plugin for their site, but it doesnt seem that way. ANy help???
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    However, there was a another method posted in the FAQ, that should still work. Did you try that? *hint hint*
    *nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more!*

I feel a Monty Python sketch coming on.
    I've installed both files and things seem ok except I get an error saying "cannont find URL" on youtube and google video. I have not tried other sites. Does anyone have any ideas?
    This works great on the MotoQ 9m!

Wait -- spoke too soon. I've been getting the "white screen of sleep" I used to get with TCMP player. I hit a link on YouTube and the screen whites out. I wait a bit and usually it comes back on. Then I can go to CorePlayer and the video link is loaded and ready to play. Anyone else seeing this? I've not read all 27 pages of this thread.
    Last edited by qool qustomer; 09/04/2007 at 02:13 PM.
  12.    #532  
    Quote Originally Posted by chocovash View Post
    Hey, I installed both the flash plugin and the tcmp player and everything was working fine for a while... youtube looked good, i could play tons of movies and such, but suddenly it just stopped working. I tried reinstalling both files, and yes, they are both in the same folder on my treo 750, but no luck. I can still play movies off of my sd card, but youtube itself won't work... it pretty much started when youtube switched over to youtube mobile (although I just clicked classic view because thats what had been working) so I thought that maybe they upgraded the flash plugin for their site, but it doesnt seem that way. ANy help???
    Please see the first post, the software was updated to fix this issue.
  13.    #533  
    Quote Originally Posted by rein View Post
    I've installed both files and things seem ok except I get an error saying "cannont find URL" on youtube and google video. I have not tried other sites. Does anyone have any ideas?
    I don't recognize that error, what app is putting up that error and what is the exact text in the error message (and in the title box of the error window).

Also please check section "2.0 Troubleshooting" of the FAQ.
    I don't recognize that error, what app is putting up that error and what is the exact text in the error message (and in the title box of the error window).

Also please check section "2.0 Troubleshooting" of the FAQ.
    I'm new to this site. Are you talking about the FAQ up there in the green menu bar, or is there another for this topic? Thanks.
  15.    #535  
    Quote Originally Posted by qool qustomer View Post
    This works great on the MotoQ 9m!

Wait -- spoke too soon. I've been getting the "white screen of sleep" I used to get with TCMP player. I hit a link on YouTube and the screen whites out. I wait a bit and usually it comes back on. Then I can go to CorePlayer and the video link is loaded and ready to play. Anyone else seeing this? I've not read all 27 pages of this thread.
    This is a known issue with Moto Q's and TCPMP. Sometimes you get the "white screen" on close.

Currently, the PIE plugin will try and restart TCPMP for every video, this is to prevent TCPMP from hanging if the connection handle that TCPMP has is no longer valid.

You might want to check the forums at everythingq.com, maybe there is a workaround.
  16.    #536  
    Quote Originally Posted by qool qustomer View Post
    I'm new to this site. Are you talking about the FAQ up there in the green menu bar, or is there another for this topic? Thanks.
    No, that's the general FAQ for the forum.

In the first post of this thread, there is a link to the FlashVideoBundle FAQ.
    Sounds like you either used the wrong CAB file (rather than the one attached in the first post), or you are having an install failure.

What is the "flash pack" that you mention?

What is the TCPMP install folder you are checking?
    Never mind - I was too impatient.

A *really* clean install worked fine.

The video & audio quality is much better than RTSP with the HTC Stream Media player. It is convenient to have them both working.

Thanks much
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hey zbop, if you have TCPMP installed in the windows directory from a ROM. Do you just copy all the files that flashbundle installed on device \Program Files\TCPMP to windows? or how would you make it work?
    the Wm6 update has the TCPMP (player.exe in the windows directory)?
  19.    #539  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhanh101 View Post
    Hey zbop, if you have TCPMP installed in the windows directory from a ROM. Do you just copy all the files that flashbundle installed on device \Program Files\TCPMP to windows? or how would you make it work?
    the Wm6 update has the TCPMP (player.exe in the windows directory)?

Well... I'm pretty sure the WM6 update does NOT have TCPMP bundled, unless you have a cooked ROM

But anyways, if you are comfortable doing some manual hacking you should be able to get it to work. You can copy the files from the FlashVideoBundle into the same location as TCPMP and then scan all the registry values under:

HKLM\Software\TCPMP

and if you see any paths that point to \Program Files\TCPMP, change them to the appropriate location.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    WOW!!! works perfect...middle finger to the Iphone