Page 24 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 1597
  1. driedl's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #461  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhanh101 View Post
    I had this working with 1.1 until the bug, now, with 1.2 it still doesn't work.
    When I click on a video the PIE Cursor comes up but the TCPMP never launches.
    Did you soft reset after the 1.2 install? That's what got me up and rolling again.
    Handspring Visor w/ Visorphone --> Visor Prism w/ Visorphone --> Treo 180 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700wx
  2. gimme5's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #462  
    Quote Originally Posted by defconsc View Post
    any way of telling me what settings you guys use to get smooth videos on youtube? what do i set the buffering to?
    Mal's settings have worked well for me:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?p=1321209
  3. #463  
    Ok... kinda odd... first Youtube video played fine... but another one I tried right afterwards (random one) made the screen go dim... sound kept playing but I could see nothing. I had to exit out of the application... anyone know why? Is it overheating?? I have Samsung i-730.
  4.    #464  
    Quote Originally Posted by proxops-pete View Post
    Ok... kinda odd... first Youtube video played fine... but another one I tried right afterwards (random one) made the screen go dim... sound kept playing but I could see nothing. I had to exit out of the application... anyone know why? Is it overheating?? I have Samsung i-730.
    I would look to see if you have "No backlight keepalive for video" checked in TCPMP under Advanced settings. Next, look into what form of backlight control you have on the i730, see if it is kicking in...

    I have heard of some odd behavior relating to either audio glitches and video glitches (ie. blank screen, screen goes white, etc) with TCPMP, but not that often. You might also try changing the video driver.
  5. ekhanh101's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #465  
    Quote Originally Posted by driedl View Post
    Did you soft reset after the 1.2 install? That's what got me up and rolling again.

    yes, soft reset every time all the time, on reinstalls.
    the pie cursor spins then nothing.

    I had it working before...sigh...
  6. #466  
    Anyone know why I am being auto forwarded to m.youtube.com instead of the original youtube.com when i type www.youtube.com in the address bar in IE it was working fine like a week ago and now it forwards me....
  7.    #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhanh101 View Post
    yes, soft reset every time all the time, on reinstalls.
    the pie cursor spins then nothing.

    I had it working before...sigh...
    Are both FlashVideoBundle and TCPMP installed in the same location?
    Does it work with other videos or other sites?
  8.    #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsDave View Post
    Anyone know why I am being auto forwarded to m.youtube.com instead of the original youtube.com when i type www.youtube.com in the address bar in IE it was working fine like a week ago and now it forwards me....
    Please read the first post in this thread...
  9. #469  
    I'm having the exact same problem with clicking on a link to play a video and PIE either does absolutely nothing or the icon spins and then nothing.

    Once I uninstall the Flash cab, I can click on those same links and I get some action although naturally not able to play the video because I don't have Flash anymore. I have followed instructions to a "T" and it used to work, but don't know what happened all of a sudden...it stopped working.

    I have even done some hard resets.
  10.    #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira7 View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem with clicking on a link to play a video and PIE either does absolutely nothing or the icon spins and then nothing.

    Once I uninstall the Flash cab, I can click on those same links and I get some action although naturally not able to play the video because I don't have Flash anymore. I have followed instructions to a "T" and it used to work, but don't know what happened all of a sudden...it stopped working.

    I have even done some hard resets.
    Once again, can you tell me if this happens will all videos AND all sites? I'm trying to determine if it is a problem with launching TCPMP or something else.
  11. #471  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Hmm, that's really odd that it worked because those are *supposed* to be functionally identical to the versions included in v1.2. I received a pre-release copy of the flvplugins from Fabio that I used in v1.0 and v1.1.

    In v1.2 I switched to the official build of the TCPMP plugins. If anyone else on a smartphone can confirm the same behavior, I may need to revert back or create a separate FlashVideoBundle for smartphones.

    Glad it worked

    I had the same issue with my T-Mobile Dash that decon1313 had, and when I copied the flvffmpeg.plg and flvsplitter.plg files from the original bundle to my installed TCPMP folder the videos played fine. Before that I received the same error messages, "flvffmpeg Plugin is not compatible with current player version. Please Update!" and "FLVSPLITTER plugin is not compatible with current player version. Please Update!" that decon1313 did.

    Thanks for the advice. I've been following this thread extremely close.
  12.    #472  
    Quote Originally Posted by btanner View Post
    I had the same issue with my T-Mobile Dash that decon1313 had, and when I copied the flvffmpeg.plg and flvsplitter.plg files from the original bundle to my installed TCPMP folder the videos played fine. Before that I received the same error messages, "flvffmpeg Plugin is not compatible with current player version. Please Update!" and "FLVSPLITTER plugin is not compatible with current player version. Please Update!" that decon1313 did.

    Thanks for the advice. I've been following this thread extremely close.
    Thanks for the info. I'll need to go back and check the source code to see if there were changes or ping Fabio about that. I thought they were the same code base.
  13. #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    I would look to see if you have "No backlight keepalive for video" checked in TCPMP under Advanced settings. Next, look into what form of backlight control you have on the i730, see if it is kicking in...

    I have heard of some odd behavior relating to either audio glitches and video glitches (ie. blank screen, screen goes white, etc) with TCPMP, but not that often. You might also try changing the video driver.
    I forgot to mention that also, I get gobbled up video for some reason every now and then... can't put a finger on it just yet...
  14. ekhanh101's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #474  
    what other sites should i try?
    video.google.com - same thing cursor spins never launches TCPMP
    www.veoh.com - same

    http://ytpocket.ath.cx/ -- works and laucnhes TCPMP
  15.    #475  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhanh101 View Post
    what other sites should i try?
    video.google.com - same thing cursor spins never launches TCPMP
    www.veoh.com - same

    http://ytpocket.ath.cx/ -- works and laucnhes TCPMP
    Finally, is the behavior any different if you are networked via an Activesync connection?

    Ekhanh, can you check if you have file named "diag.txt" in your TCPMP install folder and if so, can you copy and paste the contents of it and PM it to me. Thanks.
  16. ekhanh101's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #476  
    no diag.txt file anywhere. i think i've seen it before with version 1.1 but nothing now. after going to www.youtube.com and clicking
  17.    #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhanh101 View Post
    no diag.txt file anywhere. i think i've seen it before with version 1.1 but nothing now. after going to www.youtube.com and clicking
    Alright, this sounds it can't find TCPMP.

    1) Where did you install TCPMP? (Device or Storage Card)
    2) Where did you install FlashVideoBundle? (Device or Storage Card)
    3) Can you verify that VideoLoader.dll exists in your TCPMP install folder?
    4) Can you check your registry for:

    HKLM\Software\TCPMP\Location

    and tell me what the value is?
  18. ekhanh101's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #478  
    the current install (been doing it both ways!)

    device \program files\TCPMP
    flash bundle device on device also
    VideoLoader.dll in \program files\TCPMP

    HKLM\Software\TCPMP\Location - AH HA! it said storage!

    i changed it to be \program files\TCPMP

    IT WORKS! Great job ZBOP! thanks!

    now i will uninstall and put it all back on storage and see...
  19. JimMLINY's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #479  
    way cool for this ole fart!

    I didn't have audio until I remembered to turn on ringer which I had off in office. What a big dummy I am.

    Thanks all for the insight on how to git this done!
    Verizon Palm Treo 700wx, WM 6, FLASH 4G|TRANSCEND SD TS4GSD150 R, MemMaid 2.0, Magic Button, SBSH Pocketweather
  20.    #480  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhanh101 View Post
    the current install (been doing it both ways!)

    device \program files\TCPMP
    flash bundle device on device also
    VideoLoader.dll in \program files\TCPMP

    HKLM\Software\TCPMP\Location - AH HA! it said storage!

    i changed it to be \program files\TCPMP

    IT WORKS! Great job ZBOP! thanks!

    now i will uninstall and put it all back on storage and see...
    Good. It's possible that this may be an install/uninstall issue. I'll do a little testing to see if I can reproduce it.

    Ekhanh one more thing, how did you soft-reset after installing? Did you use a utility, press a button, pull the battery?

    Akira7, you may want to check your registry too.

Posting Permissions