Page 21 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171 ... LastLast
    I didn't have a problem before 1.2 though.
  2.    #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by decon1313 View Post
    OK, before the recoding, Youtube ran fine for me with the Flashvideobundle plugin. Over the weekend I saw that it had changed and a fix would be coming. This morning I DL'd 1.2 and installed it (after uninstalling the previous version) and it said "flvffmpeg Plugin is not compatible with current player version. Please Update!" I uninstalled and reinstalled 0.72RC1 (same as before) Smartphone Cab (I have a Blackjack not a treo). Tried again and same error "flvffmpeg Plugin is not compatible with current player version. Please Update!" along with "FLVSPLITTER plugin is not compatible with current player version. Please Update!"

So the video won't play. after OKing through both errors it says it's an unknown file format. Like I said, this worked great for me before but now it's sucking. What do I need to do?

Appreciate all the work Zbop!

Thanks to anyone that can help.
    Decon, try the following and see if it makes a difference:

1) download the attached file here
    2) unzip the file "flvplugins.zip"
    3) exit TCPMP if it is running
    4) copy flvffmpeg.plg and flvsplitter.plg files to your installed TCPMP folder on your Blackjack
    5) Try selecting a video off youtube

This is an older version of the flv plugins that was in v1.1 although functionally they should be identical.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3.    #403  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsx View Post
    ok, i got it working now... however, i find that IE closes every time the video launches. is this normal behavior, or do i have low memory issues on my 700w ?
    That isn't the normal behavior, and it could be due to low memory.
  4.    #404  
    Quote Originally Posted by ikeabuchi View Post
    I tried the first plugin b4 Youtube changed the scripting and it worked flawlessly, however with the new plugin (not sure if its is the fix though its called TCMPflvplugin-v0.4.2.CAB) it installed successfully, But when launching a Youtube video, the chosen video clip actually plays in the browser instead of launching the TCPMP player, it does play after a long time but since the full page is open it struggled in memory and causes the playback to stutter, btw my device is an XDA orbit
    When i mentioned that it is being played within browser, I mean when you select the video, it is played but is embedded within the browser in a native player I assume its the flv launcher of the flashplayer of youtube, btw i did previously install the flash player 7 for the pocket pc just before the flv fix, whether this is taking precedence over the tcpmp i am unsure, i need to uninstall this to find out
    TCMPflvplugin-v0.4.2.CAB is not the same. It contains some of the same plugins, but does not enable playing of youtube videos unless you use a site like Youtube Pocket, http://ytpocket.ath.cx/

Yes it sounds like flash player 7 is playing it by default. If you want to use the FlashVideoBundle, I would recommend first removing the Flash Player 7 software and removing the TCMPflvplugin-v0.4.2.CAB, and then start at the beginning (see the instructions in the first post).
    Got it working now installed the version 1.2 and uninstalled flash 7 and previous flash bundle
    strange thing that it was actually playing in the browser with the flash player 7
  6.    #406  
    Quote Originally Posted by ikeabuchi View Post
    Got it working now installed the version 1.2 and uninstalled flash 7 and previous flash bundle
    strange thing that it was actually playing in the browser with the flash player 7
    Cool. Yeah for most of us, the Flash Player 7 software does very little except enable a few older flash sites, but there must be something different about your version.
    ZBop that worked like a charm. Thanks so much for all of your work on this.
  8.    #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by decon1313 View Post
    ZBop that worked like a charm. Thanks so much for all of your work on this.
    Hmm, that's really odd that it worked because those are *supposed* to be functionally identical to the versions included in v1.2. I received a pre-release copy of the flvplugins from Fabio that I used in v1.0 and v1.1.

In v1.2 I switched to the official build of the TCPMP plugins. If anyone else on a smartphone can confirm the same behavior, I may need to revert back or create a separate FlashVideoBundle for smartphones.

Glad it worked
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    zpop,can you tell me exactly what I need to get youtube going again,was working,but with all the confusion I deleted everything on my pocket pc.and now starting fron scratch.Thanks
  10.    #410  
    Quote Originally Posted by honolulu View Post
    zpop,can you tell me exactly what I need to get youtube going again,was working,but with all the confusion I deleted everything on my pocket pc.and now starting fron scratch.Thanks
    I keep the first post updated with the latest information, so just follow the four steps outlined in the first post.

Also note that youtube has started redirecting mobile client requests to m.youtube.com, so to get the full youtube, use the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/?nomobile=1
    it tries to open wmp and i get "unspecified error"
  12.    #412  
    Quote Originally Posted by spark plugs. View Post
    it tries to open wmp and i get "unspecified error"
    TCPMP should be loading rather than WMP.

You may be using m.youtube.com, try using this link in pocket IE instead:

http://www.youtube.com/?nomobile=1
    Everything is working great for me on my 700wx. No problems at all. Thanks man!
    mine was working great...now it just stopped working for some reason....I made no changes to anything...I tried soft resetting also.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Everything is working flawlessly again, thanks for the fix, zbop.
    just like to say a big thanks to Zbop for all his hardwork and tenacity in developing this aswell as the prompt fix, People like him deserve a Medal
    Now I can browse happily .
    I get a little smile on my face when i see that little revolving circle "YES tcpmp going to launch",.......i skipped into the distance merrily in jest browsing youtube.....
    hey guys. Was wondering if anyone could help. Im obviously a retard because i download the new TCMP player from the first thread, and i cant seem to find the file to install it. Can someone tell me how i install it? i tried clicking all the files and it opens up code. Thank you.
    ciao.
    Say bamaboy, did you ever get a resolution to that streaming problem u reported 30 july.
    I have the same situation though with t-mobile edge I don't understand the too frequent interruptions.
    All else works great.
    If anyone else has a suggest let me know.
    Or should I switch to AT&T?
    green, Trinity owner
    how do i install the TCPMP?....
    cuz.... there is no exe file...
    any1 can help me out?
    thanx
    everything works great for me. but i have a question everytime i try to go on www.youtube.com it takes me to http://m.youtube.com? i go on video.google.com works fine?