Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomerX01 View Post
    FYI, i was getting an error message using http://m.youtube.com - it tries to use Windows Media and that throws and unspecified error message.
    Yup, don't use m.youtube.com, use www.youtube.com or the links in the first post.

m.youtube.com uses rtsp/3gp and requires the HTC streaming media player, see this thread if that's what you want that: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=146555

The method I posted gives you full access to the videos on www.youtube.com in higher quality video and audio.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by bamaboy View Post
    my internet connection sucks but it slows down everything, take foreve for it to close and makes things run slow, it only plays a second or so of the video and the "loading" spinny thing comes up

any reason for this?
    It could be a bug, or you could be hitting your link more than once, I need to go back and see if that causes issues.

Like I said, I'll do some more testing tonight.

Also if your internet connection sucks, I wouldn't recommend using this. It uses alot of bandwidth

You might be better off using the mobile version of youtube.com and the HTC streaming media player.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomerX01 View Post
    It is working for me but it seems that it doesn't cache any of the video to the Treo, thus rewinding and trying to play it from the beginning it has to buffer it.

Is that correct?
    I haven't checked the code in TCPMP or the FLV plugin, but yeah that sounds right.

That might be a cool mod to make, including a "Save As" option as well, hmmm....
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Mokz, no you're not doing anything wrong, sounds like there is a bug somewhere

When you say "freeze" is it the Treo, PIE, or TCPMP that's hanging?

Does the same video do it every time?

If so, can you PM me the details of which video? If you have access to a desktop browser, if you mouse over the video image, it should have a link of the form:

or

http://www.youtube.com/cthru?UjSJ09v...HVDeuHp0UkxzoA==

Or if you give me the video title and who it's "From:", I'll see if I can figure out the issue.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get to it until tonight. I'll also do more extensive testing...
    When I say freeze I mean the TREO freezes and I can't use the phone for about a minute. It actually freezes right when I click on a video to watch so the PIE screen is the only thing I can see until it un-freezes.

The videos that it consistently does this on are the Simpsons Movie trailer. Search "Simpsons movie" and try clicking on the first few search results.

But on another note, the videos that do work are consistently working...perfectly I might add. Very impressive.

Thanks again
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Try watching:

It locks up my Treo for a minute.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mokz View Post
    When I say freeze I mean the TREO freezes and I can't use the phone for about a minute. It actually freezes right when I click on a video to watch so the PIE screen is the only thing I can see until it un-freezes.

The videos that it consistently does this on are the Simpsons Movie trailer. Search "Simpsons movie" and try clicking on the first few search results.

But on another note, the videos that do work are consistently working...perfectly I might add. Very impressive.

Thanks again
    Okay, that's good info... sounds like a bug in my code, it should be easy to reproduce and fix.

I'll take a look as soon as I get I a chance. Thanks!
    Thanks for all the hard work on this!
    Can this new TCPMP coexist with the HTC 3g player?

-Frank
    Can this work without skweezer? It's been down this evening.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    Can this work without skweezer? It's been down this evening.
    Hah, so it's down for you too?

Since I started working on this, both MobileLeap and Skweezer stopped working for me, but I just thought they were blocking my IP, lol

Yeah you can just go straight to www.youtube.com, it will just take longer to load.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    Can this new TCPMP coexist with the HTC 3g player?

-Frank
    Should work fine with the HTC player, they are independent, but I haven't tested it.
    I use to use my phone constantly to stream radio stations using the built in Windows Media Player. I would use tuned.mobi to find streams.

I listen to a Los Angeles sports radio station mostly. It worked great. However, just within the past few months all Clear Channel owned stations prevented their stations from being streamed this way because they want you to use the ad banner that you get when you try to access the stream on a normal computer. See discussion at http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheStreamCenterBlog

I wish there was a way to make the ad banner popup thing play on the Treo. When you click the stream everything appears on the screen as normal except the stream does not play. Does anyone know if there are other types of flash programs to install that could get this to work? I was hoping that the YouTube ones posted here would work but they didn't.

FYI, I'm most interested in playing the following radio station:

javascript:void(window.open('/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html', 'ccTuner', 'width=668,height=420,status=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=no'))

The above link can be found at this website:

http://www.xtrasportsradio.com/pages/streaming.html

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers32LA View Post
    I use to use my phone constantly to stream radio stations using the built in Windows Media Player. I would use tuned.mobi to find streams.

I listen to a Los Angeles sports radio station mostly. It worked great. However, just within the past few months all Clear Channel owned stations prevented their stations from being streamed this way because they want you to use the ad banner that you get when you try to access the stream on a normal computer. See discussion at http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheStreamCenterBlog
    Yeah that really annoyed me too when they changed their streaming. It seems whenever I find a good link to a radio station I like, they change the access method so you can't get to it.

All I can say is that if there's a will, there's a way. Just takes someone willing to spend enough time on it, lol.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by mokz View Post
    Try watching:

It locks up my Treo for a minute.
    So I did get a hang this afternoon, only once. Since then I haven't been able to get it to hang on that video.

I did get a couple of other weird errors though. I hammered on a video link about 20 times really quickly, and although it worked the way it was supposed to (it buffered the actions and kept resetting the video to the beginning), TCPMP did hang when I exited it. PIE was fine.

There are definitely some connection manager issues that I need to address, cause if your data connection drops or changes, then it does hang.

I also ran into a condition once where none of the video links would work anymore. I think I ended up quitting explorer and restarting it and it worked again.

I'll continue to debug and if I make any progress, I'll post an update. Thanks.
    Zbop,

Beautiful job, I have a Mogul PPC6800 switching from a Palm. And this works great, just its off sync a little (which to me ofcourse is annoying), Is this coding specific to Palm PPC or Wm5? Any idea why the sync is off?
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekeman View Post
    Zbop,

Beautiful job, I have a Mogul PPC6800 switching from a Palm. And this works great, just its off sync a little (which to me ofcourse is annoying), Is this coding specific to Palm PPC or Wm5? Any idea why the sync is off?
    Zekeman, thanks.

The code should work on any version of WM (2003 or newer) and TCPMP has a couple of different video drivers built into it.

Not sure why the sync is off, you can try the following:

- Make sure Audio preamp is off (clear).
    - Try the different Video Driver options to see if it makes a difference.
    - Experiment with the video/audio buffering values in to see if that affects it (remember the existing settings so you can put them back).
    - Download a video (.flv file) by using mobytube.net to your phone and then play the file. If it is still out-of-sync, then the codec is just off for some reason, might be an issue with WM6 or mogul specific.
    - If ALL videos are out-of-sync ALL the time by the SAME amount, you can try adjusting the sync by going into Options, Settings, Advanced, Manual A/V offset. You'll have to experiment to see what works for you.
    Zbop,

Thanks for the fast response. I noticed this happens with some videos only (figures the first 5 I try it does it on) Thanks for the helpful hints and great contribution to the PPC world!
    Any reason why its hanging when Im on EVDO.. but when I switch to wifi it works no problem? Im on the 6800. It stays hanging till i switch to wifi.
    Okay, I finally got around to playing with this...

(1) Wow. This is what streaming video should look like

(2) I use Teksoft's Speedbooster on TCMP: little safer/modest than OC'ing the device. Plus, you can tell it to give "higher priority" to just TCMP, instead of the system. Gives a little extra juice.

(3) I use Direct Draw for the driver, but Intel X-Scale seems ok too. Preference?

(4) Under settings, you can choose the pre-buffer. So I put mine at 15%. I also increased the Audio buffer to 400kb along with "Override AVI frame rate based on audio" (under "Advanced"). Doing this seems to keep the audio and video in check. Feedback from anyone else?

(5) Of course you can UPX the TCMP .dll files to make it all load slightly faster.

Any one else have any tips to share?
    Last edited by Malatesta; 07/31/2007 at 07:09 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by getimmaaw View Post
    Any reason why its hanging when Im on EVDO.. but when I switch to wifi it works no problem? Im on the 6800. It stays hanging till i switch to wifi.
    Yup, there are a couple of bugs still that need to be fixed

I have an idea what needs to be done, but I doubt I'll get enough time to work on it until this weekend.
Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast