Page 19 of 80 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
    i will delete part of the msg if it is too long. thanks
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    superdate: It has been discussed in this thread for the last few pages. FlashVideoBundle is currently not working as YouTube has made some changes. zbop should have a fix soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by tpmwr View Post
    superdate: It has been discussed in this thread for the last few pages. FlashVideoBundle is currently not working as YouTube has made some changes. zbop should have a fix soon.
    thanks a lot, i was so worried about that and all concentrated on fix up the problem rather than looking at the thread.
    Hey. I dont know if those program works for my phone...but i tried installin it...and it says "file format not supported" and also i am having trouble downloadin the TCMP player... once i unzip it..its like all these windows files...im a newb in this stuff lol..anyone can help me install this? thank you.
    If its not bad enough that they changed there website streaming methods "coincidentally" a few weeks after the doors got blown off the Iphone that was the only mobile device to play YouTube videos in full glory they changed the main page displayed to a funny error page with us in mind. Keep faith my fellow mobile warriors this problem will be resolved soon enough as Zbop returns from his well deserved vacation. Im not sure how long hes gonna be away I heard a few days. For the mean time the Mobile Youtube page works fine now so we can at least watch something... LOL
    First off.. Thank you very much ZBop for making watching Youtube videos on my Treo 700W possible... I installed everything needed yesterday.. went to youtube.com and it worked flawlessly.. watched a few videos, than today tried it again and it would not play anything. Went to Youtube Pocket.. followed the instructions listed.. checking the MMS Protocol and all.. now I am able to watch videos again via Youtube Pocket.

I have somewhat of a question.. or if anyone can confirm.. when i'm on YTP (youtube pocket) and then play a video, it opens up TCPMP and plays... and then when i was done... i would hit "OK" to close it down.. and my IE window would be closed... and would then have to reconnect to IE and go back to YTP and start all over.. then i noticed today when i would close TCPMP, the page that i had selected the video to play, was still open.. which i though was great.. and saved so much time. Then noticed sometimes it would still closed down... does anyone know a way to keep IE open while playing videos? I was also thinking it might depend on how big (long) the video is in whether or not IE stays open or closes.. anyone have any ideas about this? Your experiences if IE closes or stays open while watching videos. Thanks for any replys.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaolinchamber View Post
    First off.. Thank you very much ZBop for making watching Youtube videos on my Treo 700W possible... I installed everything needed yesterday.. went to youtube.com and it worked flawlessly.. watched a few videos, than today tried it again and it would not play anything. Went to Youtube Pocket.. followed the instructions listed.. checking the MMS Protocol and all.. now I am able to watch videos again via Youtube Pocket.

I have somewhat of a question.. or if anyone can confirm.. when i'm on YTP (youtube pocket) and then play a video, it opens up TCPMP and plays... and then when i was done... i would hit "OK" to close it down.. and my IE window would be closed... and would then have to reconnect to IE and go back to YTP and start all over.. then i noticed today when i would close TCPMP, the page that i had selected the video to play, was still open.. which i though was great.. and saved so much time. Then noticed sometimes it would still closed down... does anyone know a way to keep IE open while playing videos? I was also thinking it might depend on how big (long) the video is in whether or not IE stays open or closes.. anyone have any ideas about this? Your experiences if IE closes or stays open while watching videos. Thanks for any replys.
    Its likely closing due to limited memory on the device. You will likely not have this problem on a freshly reset device.

Surur
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    shaolinchamber: Try a soft reset, also if you are using any of the Oxios memory programs (Close Apps / System Hibernate). I notice that happens to me after I run either of those.
    it wont work on my t mobile dash phone i dont know why please help!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    koolcdj69: What wont work, zbop's plugin or my site? If it's zbop's plugin then you really need to read the thread, becuase thats been discussed and he is working on a fix, if it's my site (ytpocket.ath.cx) then youreally need to read the 'getting started' on the site.
    Thought I should post this info in this thread as well... I hope its ok.

I did a search to see if anyone has already posted on how to do this, and I did not see anything.. so here it goes.

Now that we are able to play Youtube videos on our phones thanks to ZBop, here is the way I have made playlist of some of my favorite videos for extremely easy access without having to connect to youtube and just playing directly form TCPMP.

Step 1: Play a video from youtube and in TCPMP select File>Playlist>File>Save Playlist .. Name the file whatever you'd like, and make sure to save it as a "PLS" file.

Step 2: Connect your phone to your computer and copy the PLS file you've just created over to your computer.

STEP 3: Open up the PLS file with Notepad and you should see something like this...

[playlist]
    File1=mms://74.125.10.31/get_video?video_id=Tyxlaib9UF0
    NumberOfEntries=1
    Version=2

STEP 4: From here on out it is pretty easy. Go to youtube on your computer and play the videos you would like to save on your playlist, (keep in mind you can make many different playlist with different themes. For instance, I made a playlist named "DJ Qbert" which has various DJ Qbert videos in it) the only information you need from each video is the video id number... as follows..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMozR1O9nC0

STEP 5: The only info that will change for each video you want to list in a playlist is the video id number and the File number.. here is what my DJ Qbert playlist looks like..

[playlist]
    File1=mms://74.125.10.31/get_video?video_id=zLNPy97lZyU
    NumberOfEntries=1
    Version=2
    File2=mms://74.125.10.31/get_video?video_id=yAOrkrvfqew
    NumberOfEntries=1
    Version=2
    File3=mms://74.125.10.31/get_video?video_id=u2ZFsQjaOTI
    NumberOfEntries=1
    Version=2
    File4=mms://74.125.10.31/get_video?video_id=pNZPsGTVgBY
    NumberOfEntries=1
    Version=2

This way you can easily make various playlist loaded with your favorite videos from youtube and not have to connect to youtube to access them, you will just need to open up TCPMP then select Playlist and Load the playlist you want to watch. Also in TCPMP you can then select File and NEXT or PREVIOUS to go through all the videos in that particular playlist. So you are still streaming the videos from youtube, but this is just an easier way to access your favorites, or the ones you chose to save in a playlist.

I hope this helps some of you that are still enjoying Youtube on the go!!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    you could always just make the playlist on your phonae at http://ytpocket.ath.cx :-p
    Can you explain how to make a playlist directly on the Treo using Pocket YouTube?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    Can you explain how to make a playlist directly on the Treo using Pocket YouTube?
    Sure! There are 3 buttons under the video pictures. '+' '+/v' 'v' (v is down arrow)

'+' adds a video to the current playlist. '+/v' adds a video then brings you to the playlist download page. 'v' downloads the movie file for offline playing.

So basically, click '+' for every video you want to watch, then press '+/v' for the last one and enjoy!
    I have TCPMP and the Flash Video Bundle installed and just tried to use YouTube Pocket to watch a video and instead of launching TCPMP it launched Windows Media Player (and didn't play the video!).

Is this just a file association that I need to set in TCPMP (.m3u and .pls are already checked) or is there another step buried somehwhere in this thread that I need to do?

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by berom View Post
    installing TCPMPflvplugin-v0.4.2.cab fixed the issue.
    Where did you find the TCPMPflvplugin-v0.4.2.cab file which fixed the issue because I am having the same problem. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    eTreo: You need to add 'MMS Protocol' under 'File Associations'. Pretty much just follow all of 'Getting Started' with the exception of the download links and you should be golden!

p.s. Also set m3u if you want to use playlists.
    i have installed and re-installed the TCPMP cab and the bundle cab a number of times with no luck on my 700w. Sometimes I get "video has been removed" and most of the time the player simply does not launch. Can anyone help??

oh and i should add, i have tried launching the TCPMP first just so its resident... when I click on the link for a video on youtube, i can see the TCPMP app close on my WM taskbar. could i be having memory issues?
    Thanks tpmwr! I'm back up and watchin' videos!!

Appreciate the help!!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    kingsx: If you had ready any of the last 4 pages of this thread you would see that this is an issue caused by youtube. zbop is currently on vacation so it will be a few days before a fix comes out. In the mean time you can still use http://ytpocket.ath.cx . Just follow the instructions under 'Getting Started', sans the downloads.