Page 16 of 80 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast
    zbop, well thanks for the hardwork, guys, com on rather than simply saying thank you and can you add this site and that, site, how about we all help him in his efforts and make a token Paypal payments to him, this is the only way to really be thankful for his efforts. Thank you mate and may I have your Paypal account so I could make a donation please.
    I know I need to probly adjust the buffing but I have no clue what to change it too. I did some of the changes spoken about on the board but still no luck. Can anyone speak about any new settings they have had to use to get the Job done on a Treo 700wx.
    Hi,

Everyone got the new release, thanks to zbop, now most of the videos on stage6 website, I get an error that says 'File not found! http://video.stage6.com//1425425/.divx, is it just a missing file or config. issue with my HTC TyTN (Windows Mobile 6 Pro) Connection is over Wifi.

Thanks.
    One last thing, can someone please list down the best config. settings on TCMP for 'Buffering', 'Advanced', 'ATI IMAGEON', and 'DirectDraw', if someone has the best combination of settings, it would be much appreciated, for some reason although I'm using an 8MB WIFI connection, it's still not smooth playback.
  5.    #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by IanBarber View Post
    holy crap !!! i just delete and reinstalled everything and it works !!!!!!!! hahahaha this is awesome!!! thanx alot guys !!...anything to be done about volume ??!
    I'm betting you have a Mogul, if so, check out pdaphonehome or sprintmogul.net. There are some fixes and possibly a ROM update for that.
  6.    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    Hi chaps.
    Tested FlashVideoBundle.cab with youtube on my T-Mobile MDA Vario II (HSDPA), Windows Mobile 5 no updates - originally supplied ROM.
    It works really well, YouTube video plays very smoothly. But it has bombed out/frozen TCPMP on just one occasion, but not too much that I couldn't bring up the menu in the player and just click 'Exit' - could have been the 3G network being slow.
    Thank you for this, it's amazing!
    Once TCPMP is loaded, my plugin is pretty much out of the picture, but I've found that TCPMP can get upset if anything happens to the connection (i.e. changes between 1x/EVDO).

How does it know to launch TCPMP when it encounters a page playing YT video in Pocket IE? Surely it is kind of stealthily embedded in a flash app. They don't want you taking local copies of the vids, thats why they embed it in the flash format (makes it more difficult but of course not impossible).
    Speaking of this - is there an option in TCPMP which would allow you to take a local copy of the video?
    There is no download option in TCPMP, or in my plugin, but there are a couple of ways to do this. Please see the FAQ linked in the first post.

I dont want to have to read thru all 15 pages of posts in this topic, but what is it with all the files floating around here, what the hell is TCPMPflvplugin-v0.4.2.cab and others. Am I running an out of date beta with the original cab file then?
    Perhaps we should have an update / summary or something.
    Thanks again though, its amazing.

Stu
    The FlashVideoBundle is a superset of the files in the TCPMPflvplugin-v0.4.2.cab. TCPMPflvplugin-v0.4.2.cab allows TCPMP to stream flash video content, but you still need a method to initiate the streaming, which is where my plugin comes in.

One more post because I want this to stand out -

Whereabouts are the cached copies of the videos floating around on the PPC so I can clean them out - free up storage space?
    TCPMP does not cache copies of the video in storage, and I don't believe it implements the buffer on storage either, I think it is entirely in memory, but I'd have to check the source code to be sure.
  7.    #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm718 View Post
    I know I need to probly adjust the buffing but I have no clue what to change it too. I did some of the changes spoken about on the board but still no luck. Can anyone speak about any new settings they have had to use to get the Job done on a Treo 700wx.
    Paradigm, you have to be a little more specific. Unfortunately, there isn't a magic setting that works in all cases. Which site and what type of connection?

I set up the defaults to work well with YouTube provided you have a decent connection. Note, I also have a 700wx with Sprint EVDO and I don't have an issue with YouTube. Veoh is a little tougher, higher quality content. Divx sites are even tougher.

First try the videos with either wifi or a cradled connection (wired activesync). If it works well, at least you know it isn't an issue with processing power.

Next, try to verify that YouTube is working. If you have a strong EVDO signal, you shouldn't have any issues, but you can try playing with the buffering settings as Surur suggested. You'll have to experiment.

If you are trying the divx sites, you really need wifi and try adjusting the "normal buffer size" to 10000.
  8.    #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by htctytnowner View Post
    zbop, well thanks for the hardwork, guys, com on rather than simply saying thank you and can you add this site and that, site, how about we all help him in his efforts and make a token Paypal payments to him, this is the only way to really be thankful for his efforts. Thank you mate and may I have your Paypal account so I could make a donation please.
    Thanks htctytnowner. I really appreciate that, but it isn't necessary. If for some reason I get into hot water with this, you can contribute a few bucks to my legal defense fund, lol. Either that, or if you read my previous post about Ms. Alba and see if you can hook that up...

Everyone got the new release, thanks to zbop, now most of the videos on stage6 website, I get an error that says 'File not found! http://video.stage6.com//1425425/.divx, is it just a missing file or config. issue with my HTC TyTN (Windows Mobile 6 Pro) Connection is over Wifi.

Thanks.
    See the troubleshooting section in the FAQ if videos don't play. In the case of the link you posted, it doesn't exist, so it's just a bad link. It happens occasionally.
  9.    #309  
    Quote Originally Posted by htctytnowner View Post
    One last thing, can someone please list down the best config. settings on TCMP for 'Buffering', 'Advanced', 'ATI IMAGEON', and 'DirectDraw', if someone has the best combination of settings, it would be much appreciated, for some reason although I'm using an 8MB WIFI connection, it's still not smooth playback.
    If you have a Tytn/Mogul, others have reported that selecting GDI as a Video Driver works better for them. I don't have one so I can't verify it.
    Thanks a million zbop, and keep up the hard work in terms of Ms. Alba I don't think I'll pass it on to you, LOL, just kidding.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Is there a trick to watching vids on crunchyroll.com? I click one and nothing happens. youtube and divxtube work however... i have uninstalled and installed the latest flash bundle.
  12.    #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by jerich007 View Post
    Is there a trick to watching vids on crunchyroll.com? I click one and nothing happens. youtube and divxtube work however... i have uninstalled and installed the latest flash bundle.
    Crunchyroll requires registration (it's free). You have to be logged in to view the videos.
    I tried playing some random youtube videos on PPC-6700 and it works great!! Thank you!!
    Yes thanks a billion zbop, +thanks for your answers.
    Yes it seems the vids are cached only in program memory, which is great - no after cleanup to do. The Pocket IE cache doesn't hold them, I checked the memory sizes before and after clearing the IE cache to compare, very little difference.

Stu
  15. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Great app Zbop!! Every video from the sites you listed work perfectly.Is there a setting I could adjust that would enable TCPMP to play video from ssupload.com?
    Im also getting the "javascript turned off or flash player needed" message when I click on a video. I followed the instructions but ie is not launching the video. wtf? thanks.
    Great work! YouTube on smartphone and it also works fine when the keyboard is extracted and the screen is rotated One thing though, seems that the powersave mode is disabled... When at the home screen, the light cuts after 30sec, but after one minute the screen is not turned off like it used to. Anybody else with this problem? When enabeling the keylock powersave mode is enabled as usual.
    Anyone having issues, I would also recommend (re-)installing the TCPMPFlash0.42 plugin. I did that because nothing else I tried seemed to work, and now I have no issues playing videos.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by r1ngx View Post
    Im also getting the "javascript turned off or flash player needed" message when I click on a video. I followed the instructions but ie is not launching the video. wtf? thanks.
    I had this problem when i googled youtube from PIE via googlemobile and then clicked on the google link to youtube. I think it is because it reformats the website.

Try typing in "www.youtube.com" or whatever strait into the address bar on PIE and this problem should go away (it did for me).

Thanks zbop. This is a great add on to a very good device.
  20.    #320  
    Good tips guys! I'll update the FAQ.

Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Anyone having issues, I would also recommend (re-)installing the TCPMPFlash0.42 plugin. I did that because nothing else I tried seemed to work, and now I have no issues playing videos.
    I went back and did some checking, and there are actually 3 different versions (looking at the checksums) of the TCPMP flv plugins that are all labeled v0.42. I think they are all the same, just different builds, but I'll try and straighten that out before I release the next version of my stuff.

More than likely, something got straightened out when you did the reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by boboo View Post
    I had this problem when i googled youtube from PIE via googlemobile and then clicked on the google link to youtube. I think it is because it reformats the website.

Try typing in "www.youtube.com" or whatever strait into the address bar on PIE and this problem should go away (it did for me).

Thanks zbop. This is a great add on to a very good device.
    Excellent tip, I wasn't aware of this.