Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by myteematt View Post
    Just to throw in some more screws in the gears, Zbop what do you think of supporting the browser Netfront. Its the strongest of Opera, Picsel, Netfront, PIE, Thunderhawk and the rest. It offers the best plugin support for Java, Flash, Shockwave, and some others too. Its the only browser to correctly view the Sprint PictureMail site correctly but thats another issue altogether. Its also the browser used in the Sony PSP. Im suggesting this because I dont want you to get to far into development that its not worth the effort. Also I am once again more than happy to assist you in this project and any others you may have. Keep up the great work
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, there are too many other things that are higher priority (bug fixes, additional sites, streaming improvements, XML interface, download/bypass option, flash radio station support).

Sure I know that other people want to use their favorite browser, but hey I also want Jessica Alba to serve me coffee in the morning and so far she isn't returning my phone calls, lol.
    Thanks zbop! I bought my T-Mobile Wing last week and was getting ready to return it until i found this site =) needless to say, it's here to stay, and I don't have to feed the iHypeFactory for some youtube love anymore =D

If you need an additional tester on WM6/Wing, Let me know and i'll gladly help you as much as i can!

BTW, if you ever get that jessica alba coffee breakfast going, send me a PM and tell me the secret to your god-like prowess lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Wow, you are determined!

Bummer about the security policies, I thought that would work. Where exactly did you get that WM6 and was it customized?

If you want to try a manual install, you need to open up the CAB and drag the files to the TCPMP install folder. You also need to create the registry keys that are set up during the install, and of course, soft-reset.

Use this tool to pull the files out of the cab and to access the registry keys.

http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/msceinf.shtml

Note: If you are installing this to Storage Card, then when you create the registry keys, *IF* the value for that key references the path:
    \Program Files\TCPMP\...

You will need to change that to:
    \Storage Card\Program Files\TCPMP\...

Thanks for your quick reply, I would have gotten to this sooner, but sleep got in the way, .

I got the WM6 Classic Rom for the Axim X50V from here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=322498

Thanks for your suggestions, I got it to work!

Here's the steps I went through.

1.) I used the tool you referenced (http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/msceinf.shtml), to copy the files manually into my TCPMP folder.

2.) I executed EnableVL.exe on the device.

3.) The hardest part was making the registry entries. To save others the trouble, that might also have to do this, I've attached a .reg (inside the zip file), that you can import (I used Resco Registry Editor).

4.) I then soft reset, went to YouTube and was golden! Thanks again.

Note: At first, whenever I would go to the YouTube website, my Axim would hard lock, once I removed the "Macromedia Flash 7 Active-X" from my device, it worked fine.

Thanks again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Still does not work when connecting through proxy.

Error: Could not open URL

works fine when going through wifi
    Last edited by Meteo; 08/17/2007 at 05:51 PM.
    I'm kinda new here but havin some issues i'm sure its somthing minor..i have the 700wx and installed tcmp (opens fine) but the flashplayer file that was linked to download is not working....i think i need a newer version?!...and is it a problem if i copied files directly onto the device ?!...also when all this is installed i can use internet explorer to see vids ?! any links or help would be great
  6.    #286  
    Quote Originally Posted by TalynOne View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply, I would have gotten to this sooner, but sleep got in the way, .

I got the WM6 Classic Rom for the Axim X50V from here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=322498

Thanks for your suggestions, I got it to work!

Here's the steps I went through.

1.) I used the tool you referenced (http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/msceinf.shtml), to copy the files manually into my TCPMP folder.

2.) I executed EnableVL.exe on the device.

3.) The hardest part was making the registry entries. To save others the trouble, that might also have to do this, I've attached a .reg (inside the zip file), that you can import (I used Resco Registry Editor).

4.) I then soft reset, went to YouTube and was golden! Thanks again.

Note: At first, whenever I would go to the YouTube website, my Axim would hard lock, once I removed the "Macromedia Flash 7 Active-X" from my device, it worked fine.

Thanks again.
    Sorry about the hassle, I wish I knew what was making the cab refuse to install... and thanks for upping the .reg file, maybe it will come in handy.

Hmm, I don't see that problem with the Macromedia Flash software installed, but that's like the 3rd time I've heard it causing youtube to hang. I guess I'll add it to the FAQ.

Glad you got it working!
  7.    #287  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteo View Post
    Still does not work when connecting through proxy.

Error: Could not open URL

works fine when going through wifi
    Meteo, sorry, looks like you can't get a break...

I added support for proxies in my plugin, but I *think* the problem is that TCPMP doesn't support proxies, in which case you are SOL (that error message is from TCPMP).

If you want to find out for sure, do the following:

1) Turn off your wifi
    2) Use internet explorer to initiate a data connection through your proxy, any site will work, doesn't need to be youtube.
    3) Close internet explorer
    4) Start up TCPMP, and go to File -> Open File
    5) In the box at the top, type in:
    Code:
    http://video.google.com/videofile/8922875251875301807.flv?docid=8922875251875301807&itag=5
    And hit return.

If you get "File not found", that just means you typed the link above wrong.

If you get "Could not open URL", then that means you cannot use TCPMP through a proxy.
  8.    #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by IanBarber View Post
    I'm kinda new here but havin some issues i'm sure its somthing minor..i have the 700wx and installed tcmp (opens fine) but the flashplayer file that was linked to download is not working....i think i need a newer version?!...and is it a problem if i copied files directly onto the device ?!...also when all this is installed i can use internet explorer to see vids ?! any links or help would be great
    Not quite following this...

The FlashVideoBundle.CAB attached in the first post is the latest version v1.1. What do you mean by "it isn't working", can you be more specific? And what files are you talking about copying? The cab files?

If you are having trouble with the basics, you can try these links:

How to remove your software: click here
    How to install software: click here
    How to soft reset: click here
    zbop! Thanks for adding crunchyroll. I had first version of your flashbundle, and didn't work in the begining, but found out you updated it.

I installed updated one, and crunchyroll works great!!

Thanks alot, and keep up the great work!!
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    ^^ This is why we should use other forum threads as a basis to find this one! The OP would be the only guy who would keep his files updated. If a newer version comes out, we are SOL on other sites. Glad I updated too .
    I got "Could not open URL" message.

Which means it TCPMP must not work with proxies.

Thanks very much for your efforts zbop.

TCPMP is open source so I hope someone with the skills will take the initiative and help out us proxy people!
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Not quite following this...

The FlashVideoBundle.CAB attached in the first post is the latest version v1.1. What do you mean by "it isn't working", can you be more specific? And what files are you talking about copying? The cab files?

If you are having trouble with the basics, you can try these links:

How to remove your software: click here
    How to install software: click here
    How to soft reset: click here
    i'm not sure i installed everything, soft reset, and there are no other programs on the phone that can interfere...i still go to youtube and says need flashplayer...is there a setting in tcmp that i'm not activating ?...i've read pretty much everything...i'm so confused
    holy crap !!! i just delete and reinstalled everything and it works !!!!!!!! hahahaha this is awesome!!! thanx alot guys !!...anything to be done about volume ??!
    Hey, I have a simple but complicated problem, I have the 700wx and as I followed the steps I can play the video but it stops every 5 seconds. its like I am almost there but I can't get past this hurtle. and I have tried some of the changes but I think I need some specific settings people are using. Or just something so I can get more then 5 to 10 seconds at a time.
    Thanks for you help
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm718 View Post
    Hey, I have a simple but complicated problem, I have the 700wx and as I followed the steps I can play the video but it stops every 5 seconds. its like I am almost there but I can't get past this hurtle. and I have tried some of the changes but I think I need some specific settings people are using. Or just something so I can get more then 5 to 10 seconds at a time.
    Thanks for you help
    Maybe you should look at the buffer settings in TCMP.

Surur
    I have a I607 blackjack.
    When I click on a video on Youtube, TCPMP players open and an error message says:
    http://..... unknown file format!
    Any idea?
    installing TCPMPflvplugin-v0.4.2.cab fixed the issue.
    Last edited by berom; 08/19/2007 at 03:39 AM.
    Hi chaps.
    Tested FlashVideoBundle.cab with youtube on my T-Mobile MDA Vario II (HSDPA), Windows Mobile 5 no updates - originally supplied ROM.
    It works really well, YouTube video plays very smoothly. But it has bombed out/frozen TCPMP on just one occasion, but not too much that I couldn't bring up the menu in the player and just click 'Exit' - could have been the 3G network being slow.
    Thank you for this, it's amazing!

How does it know to launch TCPMP when it encounters a page playing YT video in Pocket IE? Surely it is kind of stealthily embedded in a flash app. They don't want you taking local copies of the vids, thats why they embed it in the flash format (makes it more difficult but of course not impossible).
    Speaking of this - is there an option in TCPMP which would allow you to take a local copy of the video?

I dont want to have to read thru all 15 pages of posts in this topic, but what is it with all the files floating around here, what the hell is TCPMPflvplugin-v0.4.2.cab and others. Am I running an out of date beta with the original cab file then?
    Perhaps we should have an update / summary or something.
    Thanks again though, its amazing.

Stu
    One more post because I want this to stand out -

Whereabouts are the cached copies of the videos floating around on the PPC so I can clean them out - free up storage space?
    Thanks

Stu
    Very good question but I think you simply clear the Internet Files under PIE which clears cache. Not too sure.