View Poll Results: Which one will you stick with?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • XDA Update

6 33.33%
  • Palm Update

12 66.67%
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys what up?? Now with the new XDA release which one will you guys stay with? the XDA release or the Official palm update?
    This isn't an "xda release," its a Palm/ATT release that someone leaked and posted over at xda.
    If the Palm update is the same, then there will be no reason for me to re-flash the same OS. If any of the numbers are different (WM build, software or firmware versions) then I will flash the official. But I think it will be the same, everything seems to be working well.
    Right now I'm too chicken to do the current WM6 leak, I'll probably wait a few weeks and if Palm hasn't released it by then, then I may install the leaked WM6. I'm going to watch and see if there are any major problems reported after a weeks use. So far, a few peple are having probles with icons not appearing when placing a call (speaker phone icons and voice mail). I have only seen a few comments regarding this issue so it may just be that they need to reinstall it again.
    this thread is a bit premature...however WM6 is a nice nice upgrade
    Even if there is a difference in ROMS, I don't know if I want to go thru re-installing everything again.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    To be honest with XDA's release is awesome. So far no one has had a problem after the installation and everybody seems to be satisfied. Like Pattycerts said this is more than likely Palm's rom that was leaked. Before the flash I always thought my Treo had so much more potential and the WM6 has proven that.
    Quote Originally Posted by nismoguy126 View Post
    To be honest with XDA's release is awesome. So far no one has had a problem after the installation and everybody seems to be satisfied. Like Pattycerts said this is more than likely Palm's rom that was leaked. Before the flash I always thought my Treo had so much more potential and the WM6 has proven that.
    I have had some issues with changing themes on my device. I sometimes get shell.exe exceptions. I have also experienced some lockups using some of those crappy ATT apps.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Some themes aren't compatible with wm6, are you talking about pre-installed themes? I have had no issues with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    Some themes aren't compatible with wm6, are you talking about pre-installed themes? I have had no issues with them.
    No, not the pre-installed themes. I have attempted to load some themes from WM6Themes. I find that if I "ok" thru the errors to shell.exe, the theme eventually gets changed.
    May be because of the 240x240 screen, not sure.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    The effort to refresh is about 2 hrs. Now I am happy with the WM6 rom I got. Unless there are many more goodies from the official one, not sure I want to invest another 2 hrs for it.
    I'm not sure why anyone would stick with a pre-release of the OS (this one) rather than take the official release when it comes out.
    There are likely to be some changes between what you have and the official one. If you don't find problems today, you may experience things down the road and not know why when you could have prevented them by just upgrading to the official release.
    I myself will flash with the official release even if the numbers are the same.

I have noticed something odd now. I have a scroll bar at the bottom of PIE's screen for no reason.....any one else?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    I myself will flash with the official release even if the numbers are the same.

I have noticed something odd now. I have a scroll bar at the bottom of PIE's screen for no reason.....any one else?
    Should be normal behavior. Try setting PIE to use "One column".
    I've tried different text sizes, changing to and from full screen, one column, fit to screen, desktop view...... nothing makes it go away. If I move the scroll bar to the right its just blank screen...... weird.
    Does it happen on all sites? I have PIE set on single column and I don't seem to have any issue.
    I checked it out and TC, pdaphonehome and google give me a scroll bar at the bottom. Shoutcast, BankofAmerica, wikipedia and yahoo do not. If no one else has this isue I'll hard reset and check it out.