Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hi
    I just got my Treo couple of days ago. I upgraded from Motorola Q.

Is it supposed to dial #777 to access Power Vision??? My Q didn't have to do it and was connecting straight up with no time to wait. My friend has a 755p and it works without dialing and has muuuuuuch faster internet speed.

Is it something wrong with my phone or I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.
    Yes it must dial that as all phones do it. However, your Q probably did it during startup and suppressed the popup. I believe there is a reg key somewhere to set it to "always connected" and to suppress that popup.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    it's funny.. cause i disabled internet access on one of my lines, but when i switched that line to the 700wx the internet access just started connecting. I had to go to my account online to restict access again. I'll be switching the 700wx to my main line with data connection and moving my Q to my 2nd.

it'll be intresting to see how the 700wx connects to the internet compared to the Q
    I had to ditch my 700wx for a Blackberry...
    My 3rd Q just died (what a POS) and VZW replaced it with the 700wx 'cause that was the specified replacement unit on the matrix (whatever). Anyway, it's a relief to get a Winblowz(R) operating system that actually works. Yes, the phone will popup the "connecting *777" BS screen - just hit the center of the D pad or hack the registry as above. Speed is not even close - the Q just was pathetic, my new 700wx screams in comparision. It's been like going from my current '04 Accord to a 'Vette Sad thing is both were EV-DO but for whatever reason, the Treo actually is a pleasure to use. I had a T600 back on Sprint in '04 but I'm fairly pleased with my new replacement unit so far (see previous thread). The Treo's are still a brick but it's a much nicer and functional brick than 3 years ago. And I hate to admit it, but Winblowz(R) might have actually gotten a stable operating system tweaked out here that remembers it's first and foremost a PHONE, then a PDA