Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Stroths pointed this out in the 750 thread (so thanks to him for pointing this out).

This is ripped from the Tester WM6 750 ROM that's now floating about...

I installed it on my 700wx:

(1) Much faster/smoother
    (2) Supposedly fixes some bugs

Problems:

(a)
    It does not take over the 700wx's default SMS e.g. Outlook is default
    (b) It doesn't alter the Left soft-key

I imagine this is just some registry tweaking like for our old version...

Who's working on it? Hannip?

Link to thread (get it now, before it goes down!)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Sweet. Mal, is it worth installing now, or should we wait until our ninjas get their hands on it?
    END OF LINE
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Sweet. Mal, is it worth installing now, or should we wait until our ninjas get their hands on it?
    You can install it now. It's a simple .cab and I haven't noticed any side effects.

If you get a new SMS, it just uses the "old" system for now--no different. If you then open the Palm app, it suddenly alerts you to the same SMS, lol. Not sure what happens if you leave it running...

I think if we just do some reg hacks we could probably even keep this installed. Either way, have a backup JIK.

Hmm...wasn't there a list of reg hacks that the old SMS .cab did for version #4? Might have to look for that..

I PM'd hannip to see if he wants to take a look.

4.    #4  
    Cool, I just shot shogunmark over at XDA a PM with the old version of this program. He's going to break it down and see if he can re-build the new one to work on pre-AKU 2.3 devices.

Mal,

Any chance there might be SDHC drivers in WM6, and if so, can they be extracted for 700wx owners?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    To answer my own question- who's feeling brave?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=1361038

Actually, this, combined with the Sprite Backup beta offer, might be a convenient way to kill two birds with one stone- just make sure you have another tested backup available.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Mal,

Any chance there might be SDHC drivers in WM6, and if so, can they be extracted for 700wx owners?
    Reportedly the 750 WM6 does SDHC as well, so that might be a better "hack" to get than the what you mention above, as that seems to be somewhat problematic...

If you have Palm Messaging already installed and just want to upgrade the program files to the WM6 version you can do the following.

1) Always backup first
    2) Download the zip from the rapidshare link below
    3) Extract the 15 files and place them in a temp folder on your device
    4) Use Resco Explorer to copy/move them to \Windows (Confirm the "are you sure" prompts)
    5) Soft reset.

Seems to be working fine for me so far. It does seem a little faster.

I have also given Mal a cab that installs these same files for him to test.

http://rapidshare.com/files/45668171...files.zip.html
    I have the threaded sms app hannip put out on my 700wx wm 5 everything is good except mms thru sms app. i use arcsoft for that...so what would be the difference if I even just took the files you put hannip and loaded them? I did this and three of files it said it could not copy over and I dont notice a difference in anything so far...can someone explain please
    Last edited by hotis300boy; 07/28/2007 at 11:27 PM.
    hmm, try going to the Today settings and uncheck the Messaging plugin to remove it from the today screen. Soft reset and try the copy again. Soft reset and add it back to the Today screen.

As far as what you should see; It should be a little faster. Not sure what the bugs are that they fixed. Mms still doesn't work on Sprint unfortunately.
    Hannip,
    Thanks a lot for the files. I was hesitant to upgrade because I like the reg mods that have been done thus far in the WM5 beta 4. Your instructions allow for the files in windows to be upgraded and still have all of the functionality of the beta 4.
    THANKS! :-D
    As a side note, any way to make the MMS portion work with VZW?
    I wish I knew. That's the one piece that's been alluding us for some time. It only seems to work with cingular/att at the moment.
    Little reminder that the Messagingapp.exe compresses down to 260k from 800k just fine using UPX.

Works fine over here. Only difference I see so far is that the threads do load up quite a bit faster. Nice!
    aha, if you scroll all the way up, you'll find why it's faster. It seems to only show you the most recent 25 messages (Counted 3 threads, came back with 25 each time). If you want to see older ones, scroll up to find the 'View older messages..' link and they get revealed.

However, with the person I text the most, this action is very slow, and it takes so long you might think you've crashed the app, but when I waited, it worked fine.

edit: edited for counts
    Last edited by g-funkster; 07/29/2007 at 02:48 PM.
    I noticed that too g-funk. I thought maybe it was an oversight on my part and that it had been there all along. Interesting.
    Hannip, thanks for the quick reply. I figured if anyone knew, you would.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    aha, if you scroll all the way up, you'll find why it's faster. It seems to only show you the most recent X amount of messages (didn't count). If you want to see older ones, scroll up to find the 'View older messages..' link and they get revealed.

However, with the person I text the most, this action is very slow, and it takes so long you might think you've crashed the app, but when I waited, it worked fine.
    The old version does this as well (view older messages prompt). I can do it right now with mine and I haven't yet installed the WM6 upgrade...
    END OF LINE
    oops, must not have ever noticed that before then
    I just installed the 13 files that hannip provided and it works fine.....I can tell that the speed is a ton faster, espically when I click on reply from a notification, it is almost instant now.

great work hannip, as always!
    Totally - thanks hannip. Working great.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    (a) It does not take over the 700wx's default SMS e.g. Outlook is default

dunno if i wanna upgrade it if thaz the case, i got like 3 otha pgms that read my sms count info for alerts, count, etc. seems like if i have two sms options, it might confuse things. Ill wait for a more customized version. the beta4 version runs quite well on my treo wx, despite my inability to test to my email
    does this version also have that problem?.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast