Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    what does he mean by saying "duplicate the cab tonight with the wm6 files"?

    what we need are new version of these 13 files . they need to have a date newer than 10/28/06. these files most people would over look cause they are only needed on pre aku2.3 devices.
    I gave him the original Beta 4 cab.

    He broke it down, figured out all that it did and he's going to rebuild it just like that but with all WM6 files It'll be just like Beta 4 in every way, just with all new files. Now, whether they are indeed all updated by MS/Palm I don't know yet...

    Will see if it works.

    Off-Topic:
    the new version (beta) of PocketCM 0.5 - "Babel" has a very cool threaded SMS app in it. It doesn't take over the system...yet. But is very cool!
    Last edited by Malatesta; 07/31/2007 at 08:36 PM.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  2. malibu23's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #42  
    Please try to keep on topic here. PM the user if you have a question or ask in a relevant thread, thanks.

    k...uh...textin a email addy with palm messaging is related to the topic... cuz iono how to do it using this app
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu23 View Post
    k...uh...textin a email addy with palm messaging is related to the topic... cuz iono how to do it using this app
    why would you want to text a email address from a phone that has email? kind of silly.

    it wont work anyhow. now you can email a phone and have it recieved as a text message but not the other way around.

    cody
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I gave him the original Beta 4 cab.

    He broke it down, figured out all that it did and he's going to rebuild it just like that but with all WM6 files It'll be just like Beta 4 in every way, just with all new files. Now, whether they are indeed all updated by MS/Palm I don't know yet...

    Will see if it works.

    Off-Topic: the new version (beta) of PocketCM 0.5 - "Babel" has a very cool threaded SMS app in it. It doesn't take over the system...yet. But is very cool!

    right on. the beta 4 cab worked great for a long time but still needs some tweeks. like the plugin order and short cuts. the files always stay the same.
  5. #45  
    Cody,

    Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work. I had been sitting on the Beta4 cab for some time and now I'm glad I waited to install palm messaging (beta 5 of course). The instructions worked to a "T". Thanks again!!

    Russ
    Jornada 548; Jornada 568; Treo 600; Treo 700w; Treo 700wx (vzw)
  6. malibu23's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    why would you want to text a email address from a phone that has email? kind of silly.

    it wont work anyhow. now you can email a phone and have it recieved as a text message but not the other way around.

    cody
    well for one, i dont have to get online 2 sms a email address. and i can forward picturemail links to my email. basically. I KNOW its possible. jus need to know where i can get the email message center number for the "manual" settings. But no1 seems to have the answer.

    Edit: Had to go baq and read the .nfo for the original wm5 beta 4.
    SPRINT AND VERIZON users: Go into the new app: menu, options, advanced, manual, edit. Change email center number to: 6245.

    Now you should be done. Test it by sending an SMS to a cell number and email address.
    Last edited by malibu23; 08/01/2007 at 06:07 PM. Reason: found it
  7. D-Bo's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    If you have Palm Messaging already installed and just want to upgrade the program files to the WM6 version you can do the following.

    1) Always backup first
    2) Download the zip from the rapidshare link below
    3) Extract the 15 files and place them in a temp folder on your device
    4) Use Resco Explorer to copy/move them to \Windows (Confirm the "are you sure" prompts)
    5) Soft reset.

    Seems to be working fine for me so far. It does seem a little faster.

    I have also given Mal a cab that installs these same files for him to test.

    http://rapidshare.com/files/45668171...files.zip.html


    I did this and came into an interesting problem, that I suspect was something I did as opposed to a problem with the hack.

    I copied the files over and them moved them into the /Windows folder. However, I think I may have moved (or inadvertently duplicated?) something else. I did this the day before last and ever since I've been getting old messages that I long since deleted. Most are from December 06/ Jan 07.

    Anyone have any ideas?


    Edit: It only seems to do this after a soft reset.
    Last edited by D-Bo; 08/02/2007 at 02:03 AM.
  8. ScottB1's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu23 View Post
    well for one, i dont have to get online 2 sms a email address. and i can forward picturemail links to my email. basically. I KNOW its possible. jus need to know where i can get the email message center number for the "manual" settings. But no1 seems to have the answer.

    Edit: Had to go baq and read the .nfo for the original wm5 beta 4.
    SPRINT AND VERIZON users: Go into the new app: menu, options, advanced, manual, edit. Change email center number to: 6245.

    Now you should be done. Test it by sending an SMS to a cell number and email address.
    I see that when you go into the setting you talked about that the MMS Gateway Address is set to wireless.cingular.com and the MMS URL is set to mmsc.cingular.com. Are there settings for Verizon that need to be put here?
  9. malibu23's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #49  
    your mms gateway should be generated automatically. its the center numbers that u have to figure out.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicaffair View Post
    Cody,

    Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work. I had been sitting on the Beta4 cab for some time and now I'm glad I waited to install palm messaging (beta 5 of course). The instructions worked to a "T". Thanks again!!

    Russ
    Don't thank me. Thank Hannip for the app back in november of last year. And then agian thank Hannip and Slingbox for teaching me how to work with the cabs and the apps. Really, it's not like i wrote anything. Just putting things together.
  11. #51  
    Well, thanks to Malatesta's hard work, we have got the most up to date 13 files that the pre aku 2.3 devices (treo 700w/wx) need. I dont know how new thay are. The date on the files is just the date the guy pulled them off the device. Anyhow, thay are the newest files we can got. All the files have been put back into the sprint version cab (beta 5). I sent Malatesta the cab first since he did all the leg work. lol. All the links have been updated as well, including the threaded sms sticky on the first page.

    Enjoy all, Cody
  12. #52  
    So cody - if I installed this the other day and it's fine, do I need to do anything else? Should I update the files? And which link has the new files you're referring to above?
    END OF LINE
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    So cody - if I installed this the other day and it's fine, do I need to do anything else? Should I update the files? And which link has the new files you're referring to above?
    Unless he pulled the file, DO NOT install this new one.

    It won't install and Cody will look into it when he gets a chance to see if it can be fixed, if not then you can just stick the one you have now...

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  14. #54  
    Cool - thanks for the heads up Mal -
    END OF LINE
  15. #55  
    Does threaded sms lose any functionality over what's there already.
    does the auto-lookup "to" functionality change or the canned message function change?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  16. #56  
    yes i am having some problems. just about got it figured out though. the one you downloaded the other day alienwhere should have been the new wm6 version without the 13 pre aku 2.3 files that the treo w/wx's need. i cant seem to figure out why i cant get the new ones that mal gave me yesterday into the new cab.

    my new aproach is to have to cabs. one with the app and the other with the pre aku 2.3 files. the pre aku files will be in the palm messaging folder in you program files and still need to be moved over manually. dont know what the 13 new files will actually do, but want to put them in there anyhow.

    as for now... i did remove the file last night after mal informed me it didn't work. couldn't stay up late last night, but am working on it now.

    thanks, cody
  17. #57  
    No sweat man - keep us posted (of course you will) -
    END OF LINE
  18. #58  
    well, to be honest.... i have been working on this for about three hours today. no matter how i do it i cant get the new 13 (pre aku 2.3) files in the cab. i have put back in the sticky the link to the new wm6 version. it has everything in in but still has the old pre aku 2.3 files in it. this is a like to the 13 new files. https://home.comcast.net/~codyppc/Pa...ng_pre_2.3.zip someone may try to unzip and move over manually. all i know is i cant do it with a cab.

    everytime i put the in the cab it wont work. i dont know why either. i will work on it more later this weekend. maybe someone else who can cab can look at it as well.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    Does threaded sms lose any functionality over what's there already.
    does the auto-lookup "to" functionality change or the canned message function change?
    Anyone? I've asked this question at least three times in previous threads on the subject.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    Anyone? I've asked this question at least three times in previous threads on the subject.
    no, the lookup field is the same as the default version.

    I dunno about the canned message function...didn't we had that in the default version anyways.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Cody:

    I wouldn't try too hard with this. So I installed your .cab file and manually copied over the 13 files...

    Error: tmail.exe: one or more of the components cannot be found or is not trusted, blah blah...

    this kind of makes sense as I wouldn't think the WM6 tmail.exe would work with WM5, or at least it would more files with it, so I think that's the roadblock here.

    I tried on my current setup as well as a clean device, same issue all the time.

    (actually, and this will be tedious as heck, someone could go through one by one and see what works and what doesn't out of those 13 files! eek. Not sure it would be worth it, but if someone is really bored, you can just start with the small .dll files, lol)

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions