1.    #1  
    ok, I check my work email using outlook exchange (i.e. www.yourcorp.com/exchange)

for some reason when I go to log in (enter UN, PS, etc and check the box 'remember password') I get a message 'access is denied'... :P

I 'figured out' that if I surf the net for a while, then I can connect at some point or another... then it works for a while and it stops working again later... really random behavior...

what's going on? is anyone successfully using exchange out there?

please help!!!!!

thanks.
    Why do you have to go to outlook exchange to get your mail? I use outlook exchange and the server sends the email directly to my phone as soon as it comes in.
  3.    #3  
    Hi Katiegm,

I have to use the web based version of outlook because i already have an exchange account sync directly with my treo. Ideally (like you said), I would like to be able to sync 2 exchange accounts to my treo, but the phone only takes one.

So I end up sync'ing my personal emails through the exchange account and work emails through the web interface... (I also don't like mixing personal and work emails... I know I should be able to forward my work email to my exchange account, but I don't want to do that).

Have you ever tried accessing your email through your web browser? Do you get the same error that I get?

Thanks for your help.
    Assuming you only want email from your secondary exchange account, I would just set up an IMAP account for it so that you can use pocket outlook. If you have webmail enabled, I'm pretty sure IMAP is as well.
    use your full email address as your username. that's what I have to do.
  6.    #6  
    Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for looking into this.

Randy, I will see if I can set up an IMAP account on Monday. Maybe that will be the way to go.

Captain, I already tried entering my full address with the same results... Are you telling me that you use web exchange with your full address and it works OK for you?

Thanks for your time.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Hey Rotty you can also try setting it up as a pop account too. If you are running Exchange 2003 it supports POP3 and IMAP. If you go with POP then you can also send email as well as recieve it.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  8.    #8  
    you guys are awesome...!!! I just set this up as a pop account and it works perfectly!!!

thanks to all.