Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dartworth View Post
    cjacks519...that hack allows you to map apps to the side buttons?

One would think this would be standard...:/
    Yeah...you'd think it would be standard. I have internet explorer assigned to the side button when I press once quickly. And, the suspend feature assigned when I press and hold the side button.

I love the suspend feature! I'm a serious bluetooth headset fan and this feature allows me to put my phone back into the case while still talking on the bluetooth without mashing buttons on accident.

Don't leave home without your bluetooth!!
    Ive seen the H icon too... havent noticed signal drop off or increase in my house...

mG
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjacks519 View Post
    Which hack were you using? I used the hack from Cellneuron from this forum.

Here's the link:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...17&postcount=2

I'm also using the suspend feature from this same thread and also have that feature assigned to my side button. Both are working fine for me after the ROM flash.

Here's the link for the suspend if you want to use it as well:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=139355
    i used same hack but strangely side button didnt show up under settings --> buttons ?? worked fine on wm5...anyway tried this time and it works !!!
    btw i use 'hotbutton plus' (http://www.burroak.on.ca/hbplus.html) with side button option and the best thing is just single click bt toggle...so i dont have to poke the lil bt icon on today screen whenever i want to use my headset..also u can assign other appl shortcuts and just launch them using side button...
    Last edited by T-ulk; 07/29/2007 at 07:17 PM. Reason: link added
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    i used same hack but strangely side button didnt show up under settings --> buttons ?? worked fine on wm5...anyway tried this time and it works !!!
    btw i use 'hotbutton plus' (http://www.burroak.on.ca/hbplus.html) with side button option and the best thing is just single click bt toggle...so i dont have to poke the lil bt icon on today screen whenever i want to use my headset..also u can assign other appl shortcuts and just launch them using side button...
    Awesome! Glad you got it working!
    Newbie here. On the 750, if you are browsing on the web, in GPRS or EGDE, or receiving email, can you still receive a call, or will it go straight to voicemail? I have a 680 on a trial period and plan to return it. It cannot do both simultaneously. Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by B717U2 View Post
    Newbie here. On the 750, if you are browsing on the web, in GPRS or EGDE, or receiving email, can you still receive a call, or will it go straight to voicemail? I have a 680 on a trial period and plan to return it. It cannot do both simultaneously. Thanks!!
    The only time on any phone that you can to simultaneous voice and data is when you're on the 3G(UMTS) network.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    The only time on any phone that you can to simultaneous voice and data is when you're on the 3G(UMTS) network.
    Really? I tried the Treo over a Blackberry. That would interrupt the web with an incoming call....at least I though it would. Since you were able to answer that for me....

The BB had direct push email, is there anything that truly works like that for the Treo 680? The problem I'm having is that Versamail hits the server every five minutes for 3 mail boxes. It makes the phone kinda usleless. Any way around that?? Would going to the 750 offer me true push email from POP3 servers?
    Quote Originally Posted by B717U2 View Post
    Really? I tried the Treo over a Blackberry. That would interrupt the web with an incoming call....at least I though it would. Since you were able to answer that for me....

The BB had direct push email, is there anything that truly works like that for the Treo 680? The problem I'm having is that Versamail hits the server every five minutes for 3 mail boxes. It makes the phone kinda usleless. Any way around that?? Would going to the 750 offer me true push email from POP3 servers?
    Oh yes, when you're on GSM/EDGE and in a data session, it will suspend the data session and ring through with the phone call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Oh yes, when you're on GSM/EDGE and in a data session, it will suspend the data session and ring through with the phone call.
    Do you mean on the 750? What about true email push? Unfortunately I don't live in a 3g area
    I noticed we have a disable cingular proxy option now, what's that good for?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    I noticed we have a disable cingular proxy option now, what's that good for?
    It allows you to disable using the Cingular proxy for your internet connection. To disable it in WM5, you needed to do it via reg hack. This is just a simple checkbox and it does the work for you.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    It allows you to disable using the Cingular proxy for your internet connection. To disable it in WM5, you needed to do it via reg hack. This is just a simple checkbox and it does the work for you.

Now, why would one what to disable the Cingular proxy?
    thanks for the reply JGold. I was curious about the reason why one would want to disable the proxy.
    Most of the time to access full versions of websites or otherwise other web services. For me... Full graphics without the crap compression AT&T is doing. Helps if looking at charts and graphs.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    If you're using a WiFi card, for example. The Cingular proxy supports only connections made through the Cingular/AT&T network.
    Hi,

Did anyone manage to get Blackberry Connect 4.0 or 2.1 with this new ROM?

Thanks,
    Ix
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I went ahead and upgraded using the ROM update posted in XDA. The update process went well and the phone seems to be operating better than with WM5. True 3G is a huge improvement and if it supports SDHC (as some claim) that's a big bonus. The only issue I may be experiencing is with the Contacts. It just won't open up (calendar and tasks do).

Does anyone else have this issue? Any help or a confirmation that it is an issue with this ROM would be appreciated.

I'm going to try and establish an ActiveSync partnership tomorrow at work and see if I can get the Contacts database populated that way.
    My contacts open up fine
    Quote Originally Posted by jwebb56 View Post
    I went ahead and upgraded using the ROM update posted in XDA. The update process went well and the phone seems to be operating better than with WM5. True 3G is a huge improvement and if it supports SDHC (as some claim) that's a big bonus. The only issue I may be experiencing is with the Contacts. It just won't open up (calendar and tasks do).

Does anyone else have this issue? Any help or a confirmation that it is an issue with this ROM would be appreciated.

I'm going to try and establish an ActiveSync partnership tomorrow at work and see if I can get the Contacts database populated that way.
    My Contacts app opens perfectly. And I can confirm that SDHC works.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I had bad experience with some backup softwares when upgrading from WM5 to WM6 for my HTC Universal. The PIM data though restored but could nott be read by WM6. I needed to use my Outlook data on PC to sync back.

This time I used PPCPimBackup to restore and it worked perfectly when I refreshed to WM6.
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast