Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    If you have the file, you just need to copy it to the MiniSD card.
    Then hold the side button while pressing the reset switch:

Here are the instructions:
    Installation and Upgrade Guide

• Plug the Treo 750 into a power source
    • Load software update onto your miniSD card (CHEEIMG.nbh file). Insert the card.
    • Press and hold both the PTTApp Button (lowest button on left side of device) + Pin Reset (next to miniSD card slot). You no longer need to hold the Windows key as well. You will be prompted to press the End key to start the update. This step takes about 10 minutes to complete.
    • Hard reset the device when prompted. To hard-reset, hold the End key while pressing the pin reset button. Answer “yes” to “Erase all data” prompt.
    • To verify the software, hold the Down-Arrow while pin-resetting. You will see:
    o Firmware: R 1.47.25.00
    o ROM: D 1.25
    o Keyboard: U 26
    • The Bootloader can also be confirmed by holding down the PTT button and pin resetting (without the updater miniSD card inserted)
    o SPL: SPL 0.24
    So you don't open or unzip the file you downloaded or anything, just copy it straight to the card.

Make sure the card is formatted FAT32 or it won't find the file. Copy the file to the root directory of the card.
  2. oo3
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    Just a quick note about installing 3rd party software. I had a few issues where software said it installed, but it didnt... didnt even ask where to install it (like Hidelogo). I think something is going on when installing a bunch of 3rd party apps without soft-reset in between. Im not saying soft-reset after every install, just be aware...

HideLogo works! didnt until I did soft-rest and installed again.
    Check out the ATT Proxy application!!! Easy way to disable proxy!

WM6 does seem a bit more refined then WM5.
    I've been trying to get hidelogo to work forever. At first when I installed it, my device would reboot itself over and over until I managed to turn it off. Now when I install it, it doesn't do anything? How'd you get it to work?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    okay now i have been hearing different things...will this rom update work on cingular branded phones???
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Can someone explain the limitation regard html email? We have exchange server 2003, Why would the phone know or care which version of Ex Server is being used in order to display html email? It is one of the main things I am looking for in the upgrade.
    Thanks for getting those screencaps showing the Programs folder. Yup that's a lot of AT&T crap I don't want taking up space. Cheers.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    okay now i have been hearing different things...will this rom update work on cingular branded phones???
    yes, I have it installed my my Cingular branded 750...

why wouldn't it?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wpy View Post
    so its clear. this update will work on open line Treo750. not cingular or vodafone branded treo right?

ready to update my treo now..

thanks,
    wpy
    aiite thanks dartworth, that is what i thought...i guess i miss read this post...or was it worded wrong...
    Here are a few screenshots of my Treo.

I have Spb Mobile Shell installed.

dartworth, looking nice!

-wish the 750 works on sprint
    yeah, I am really liking my Treo...I am finally realizing how powerful and helpful this PPC is. Can anyone suggest a good dock for Treos?
    just noticed that the pictures attached in page 4 of this thread used to open directly in PIE and now it's asking me to download them..some file association problem or ?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    Some screen shots:
    Note, capture screen utility is not a default app, it's just there because I had to install it to capture these shots.

Email, before an account is set up.

HTML Email, initial view (with blocked images which is default.)

HTML Email, enable side-to-side scrolling (blocked images.)

HTML Email, enable side-to-side scrolling, showing images (further down body of email.)
    What program are you using for screen shots, and where can I get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    Yes I did i to mines, and no problem what so ever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dartworth View Post
    yeah, I am really liking my Treo...I am finally realizing how powerful and helpful this PPC is. Can anyone suggest a good dock for Treos?

Seidio inno.dock Jr just got it this weekend and it works great.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I installed the update yesterday on my cingular branded treo and I have to say I'm very impressed with it. The treo before was fast before with wm5 but with wm6 it just flies all my apps open almost instantly and so far it has been rock solid Also I love the way the new Data Icons work and tell you exactly what type of connection you have. Now if the treo had a 320x320 screen this would be the perfect treo
    can anyone tell me to get ris of the "get express mail" thing on the home page? or am I stuck with it? And how do I change the soft buttons ie E-mail for something else?
    just love this WM6. Thanks.
    Doug
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Has anyone on TMobile (or any other carrier for hat matter) tried this yet? I'm curious to see if this will work properly. I'm running a 750V on TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by dougproctor View Post
    can anyone tell me to get ris of the "get express mail" thing on the home page? or am I stuck with it? And how do I change the soft buttons ie E-mail for something else?
    just love this WM6. Thanks.
    Doug
    do you mean on the today screen?
    I see that MS is still unable to get repeating alarms to work. They haven't worked since PPC 2002! Of course, it's just a matter of time until the notification queue becomes corrupt and alarms cease to work. I was hoping this was fixed with WM6 so I wouldn't have to install Alarm Today.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast