Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    I'd definitely use the official Palm release. To me this is temporary until the real one comes.
    I installed Windows Mobile 6 with ease. I tried to install the "side button hack" but no success. Anyone get it to work with the new OS?
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    I'd definitely use the official Palm release. To me this is temporary until the real one comes.
    Yep I agree!!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    you're probably right about still using the official Palm release
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nismoguy126 View Post
    I installed Windows Mobile 6 with ease. I tried to install the "side button hack" but no success. Anyone get it to work with the new OS?
    I was able to get the side button cab working again. I didn't have any issues
    I have upgraded my 750v successfully to this ATT WM6 ROM. Here's the screenshots.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (53.4 KB, 202 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (51.9 KB, 174 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (46.6 KB, 165 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (57.9 KB, 166 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (43.7 KB, 166 views)
    Just a quick note about installing 3rd party software. I had a few issues where software said it installed, but it didnt... didnt even ask where to install it (like Hidelogo). I think something is going on when installing a bunch of 3rd party apps without soft-reset in between. Im not saying soft-reset after every install, just be aware...

HideLogo works! didnt until I did soft-rest and installed again.
    Check out the ATT Proxy application!!! Easy way to disable proxy!

WM6 does seem a bit more refined then WM5.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    Just a quick note about installing 3rd party software. I had a few issues where software said it installed, but it didnt... didnt even ask where to install it (like Hidelogo). I think something is going on when installing a bunch of 3rd party apps without soft-reset in between. Im not saying soft-reset after every install, just be aware...

HideLogo works! didnt until I did soft-rest and installed again.
    Check out the ATT Proxy application!!! Easy way to disable proxy!

WM6 does seem a bit more refined then WM5.
    I've notice the same issue occassionally with installing 3rd party apps prior to the ROM update. Just as a rule of thumb (), I always soft reset after every install to avoid issues. Learned my lesson with that before...
    So I finally got the side button installed. When I was choosing the program to assign I notice there is an XM Radio option? Who knows more about this?
    I installed the WM6 ROM and I tell you, this is like having a brand new device all over again! The update is awesome. A few things of note that I really like:

1. mini SD card issues are a thing of the past! I have a 2 GB that would work off and on. I could never copy stuff to the card directly while the crd was in the 750. After the update, i restored the contents of the card (mostly mp3s) back to the card while plugged into the treo and everything copied back with no issues. Mind you, it was slower than taking the SD out and putting it into my laptop and copying the data but at least this issue is put to bed about the card disappearing.

2. USB cable now fully charges the phone!!! This is a major plus. Now when you travel, you dont have to take the seperate charger. But the big plus with this is that you can tether and have the cable charging the phone!

3. Solid internet tethering from the phone using internet sharing. No more need to configure DUN with all the special setttings. Just setup internet sharing and it just works. I tried the USB and it is ROCK SOLID at 3G HSDPA speeds!!!!!!! Also, you can talk AND be on the internet tethered via the 750 on your laptop. Only tested USB, need to test bluetooth functionality with tethering.

4. Status indicator to let you know you are in 3G area. Also has an "H" indicator to let you know you are using the HSDPA network.

5. Much faster than WM5.

6. You can disable the web proxy without using a hack. Its a new utility called Proxy Manager. Can be found under the Programs menu.

7. Some new sounds and ringtones.

8. XM Radio application.

9. WMP 10 is nice. For people that have Vonage and receive their voicemails via email attachments, you can now play the attached WMA files within the email with WMP 10! Before with WM5, you had to download the attachement(you still do) but wmp didnt play the files so you had to use TCPMP to listen to the WMA files from Vonage.

I still need to test the stereo bluetooth to see if the fixed the mono issue and if the sound quality has been enhanced.

I wasn't that thrilled about the HTML email. Maybe because I dont use pop3 and use a mail2web to forward me gmail messages via exchange push. I did setup pop3 to gmail to test it out... was way too slow for me and had to download the entire message in order to view the html.

Overall, this update is very solid and transforms the 750 into the "perfect" WM device, for me!
    Just did mine ans it was not to painful. I was confused for a bit because the directions on xda said to hard reset when prompted. Prompted means when the phone says the update is done and not that it is going to say hard reset now. It took 10 tries to dl the app from rapidshare. I'm getting 800's on http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?jisok=1&more=1
    I am SOOO LOST Is there another way to download this on my device?? I just cant get the download to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    I am SOOO LOST Is there another way to download this on my device?? I just cant get the download to work.
    All I can say is just keep trying. It took me forever to get it. This is the one that finally worked for me. And even this one went bad the first 3 times. Two hours avter tring from various sites I ended up Dling directly to the card from here http://depositfiles.com/files/1342826
    Some screen shots:
    Note, capture screen utility is not a default app, it's just there because I had to install it to capture these shots.

Email, before an account is set up.

HTML Email, initial view (with blocked images which is default.)

HTML Email, enable side-to-side scrolling (blocked images.)

HTML Email, enable side-to-side scrolling, showing images (further down body of email.)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    All I can say is just keep trying. It took me forever to get it. This is the one that finally worked for me. And even this one went bad the first 3 times. Two hours avter tring from various sites I ended up Dling directly to the card from here http://depositfiles.com/files/1342826
    Thanks...I will give it a try
    Quote Originally Posted by Edrego View Post
    I still need to test the stereo bluetooth to see if the fixed the mono issue and if the sound quality has been enhanced.
    As far as I can tell, the bluetooth sound quality hasn't been improved. Maybe its now stereo but it still sounds like crap. But maybe now it can be improved using the registry-settings - that I haven't tried yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Edrego View Post
    Overall, this update is very solid and transforms the 750 into the "perfect" WM device, for me!
    No argument about that - it's really awesome!

Ciao,
    DeepThought

Palm Treo 750 (unlocked)
    ROM: TREO750-1.16-H3G
    FW: 1.47.25.00
    Windows Mobile Version 6
    CE OS 5.2.1239 WWE (Build 17746.0.2.4)
    When I saved the file to my desktop it is now some type of internet file...I just cant get it to work
  18. wpy
    so its clear. this update will work on open line Treo750. not cingular or vodafone branded treo right?

ready to update my treo now..

thanks,
    wpy
    Yes, this update works on unbranded Treo 750. The only issue I have with this new ROM is that it uses much more Storage Memory than the unbranded WM5. I estimate the difference somewhere close to 10MB. Should we consider this as due to WM6 itself or should we expect that it is due to all the ATT crap and that the unbranded WM6 upgrade will use less storage space? Which of the two seems more likely?
    I give up....I have downloaded the freaking thing a few times now and keep getting the same crap....Ohh wellll I TRIED
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast