Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    Man,,,,,, I'm out of town and now where near a computer.......How can I tell if my card is formated fat 32?

All I did was put the file on my mini-SD and started the install process. Guess I got lucky that it was already formatted correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelauz02 View Post
    I just installed it, and so far so good.
    same here...
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I wonder if any miniSD WiFi cards will work the this WM6 upgrade? Haven't heard of consistent success with WM5 and was hoping something got fixed on the OS side...
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I've got the upgrade file saved on my sd card and confirmed on my computer that it is formatted to fat32. When I hold the side button and hit the soft reset button all I get is the serial screen.

What am I not doing or doing wrong? Please help!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Does CHEEIMG.nbh need to be in a specific file on the memory card for the phone to recognize that it's there and start the update?
    When I reset the device, I get the color bar screen with the word "serial" at the bottom, but the device just sits in that position. Can some tell me what I'm doing wrong???
    Mike
    You are correct I found the voice mail icons. Great. So far very solid. One Problem what is the reg hack to free the #1 slot on speed dial for voicemail? I lost my note.

Thanks
    graylion
    I got it loaded and are overall pleased with the stability so far. Not a major upgrade from what I can tell so far. But I'll take it over WM5 any day.

One issue for me is that I cannot activate TomTom for some reason. I've tried various ways but it won't activate. So now I am stuck waiting for their world class sucky customer service to see if they can sort it out on Monday.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    nevermind my questions. I just reformatted the card on my computer and saved the file to the card again and that worked! The update is running now!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    When I reset the device, I get the color bar screen with the word "serial" at the bottom, but the device just sits in that position. Can some tell me what I'm doing wrong???
    I was having the same problem as you. Try reformatting the card to fat32 and saving the WM6 update by itself to the card. This worked for me.

The update is done and I just hard reset! Looks like we're in business
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    Man,,,,,, I'm out of town and now where near a computer.......How can I tell if my card is formated fat 32?
    I used the Format in Resco Explorer. Worked fine.

Also I am very pleased with this update. Im not one to touch these on any of my past phones, but this one was to tempting. Works perfect, No issues yet!!!

Love the small enhancements to a lot of the apps. Ill say it again, its more like WM 5.5, but HTML email is great, Windows Media PLayer is nice, and all my apps sem to work as expected!!!! Even my mortscript today plugin (NOC-Today) works like a charm!
    THANK YOU!!!! Just finishing loading Goodlink on it. I have been waiting so long for this and it took XDA to come through with this for all of us. Palm is a slacker.
    OK now I have 1 problem after the upgrade.

I am using a 750v with the WM6 rom on the former AT&T (blue) network.

I can not edit the speed dial #1 voicemail. I have had to use another slot.

I have tried editing the registry

HKLM\Software\Palm\Varnish\SpeedDialPlugin\Voicemail..

Change the DWORD value of "IngoreSIM" from 1 to 0

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Palm\Varnish\SpeedDialPlugin\VoiceMail\Deletable
    to 1 as well.

I had the same problem when I first purchased the 750v but it was fine after i changed the registry.

Now the registry change does not work.

Regards
    graylion
    disregard my previous comment on the proxy reg change hack..they've included a "program" that allows you to disable the proxy...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    The half-size USB cable seems to charge the phone now. I know some say that it did before, but slowly, now the light comes on and the charge status is at the top. Menu navigation is much quicker and I can now delete my IMAP messages off of my server in peace.

I like the AT&T theme, same as the 8525 theme they pre-loaded. If the INDIGO theme had the reflective top/bottom bars I'd love that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Supposedly SDHC cards are supported. Anyone have one they can try?
    I posted this yesterday at xda-developers.com. I have tested and SDHC seems to work indeed.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if this has already been brought up in TC, but I've figured out how to get Windows live running on the WM6 ROM. All of the appropriate files are already on the device but, for some reason they don't become active on their own after the ROM flash. This was originally brought up on the XDA forum, but didn't have very many details. I played around with it a little bit and here's what I've got!

In file explorer...go to the "Windows" folder, scroll way down (almost at the bottom) to WLMMessenger (there should be five of them). Launch the largest file (on my device the file size shows to be 320K). Once you launch this file, just follow the prompts then soft reset. After the soft reset it should give you the today plug-in for Windows Live as well.

*Side note*...Be aware that this will also add your Live Hotmail contacts into your contacts list on your device. This was perfect for me because Live Hotmail is my primary email.

For anyone else that gets this running, please let us know if you find out anything else on it.

Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Something else I've notice is that my 750 now charges when connected to my desktop via OEM usb sync cable. This is not something that worked for me prior to the ROM upgrade. Yay! This ROM flash is awesome!

So far I haven't noticed a single problem on my device. I've also reloaded some of the 3rd party apps and tweaks, and they also seem to be running just fine!
    How many of you will still use the official Palm realease update, or will stay with the XDA release.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I will stick with the XDA release unless I figure out the Palm update will have other functionality that's not available on the XDA update
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast