Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikas3576 View Post
    I see the last 4 digit of my imei changed due to upgrading to att wm6. How is that good?
    Those 4 digits are in addition to your IMEI#. No harm/no foul. Check xda-dev for more about this.
    Speaking of IMEI's. The IMEI underneath the battery has two fewer digits than the IMEI generated by the phone when I hit *#06#??? I got this baby unlocked now, but why are there two additional digits? Why? WHY? W_H_Y???????
    It seems that all the links I have throughout this thread are dead. There are no seeders for the torrent files. Anyone have a good link or can point me in the right direction? Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by candela View Post
    It seems that all the links I have throughout this thread are dead. There are no seeders for the torrent files. Anyone have a good link or can point me in the right direction? Thx.

http://depositfiles.com/ru/files/1336491

I used the above link yesterday and it worked fine.
    I went to a "deposit files" link this morning and the stated the file was removed due to copyright infringement, something or other.

Thx appreciate the link.
    9/14...so in 3 days then? Come on, AT&T.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by candela View Post
    I went to a "deposit files" link this morning and the stated the file was removed due to copyright infringement, something or other.

Thx appreciate the link.
    That's strange.. I just downloaded the file earlier this morning and put it on a 750 that I'm selling.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    The file is no longer here

Nothing strange about it. As I stated earlier, I went to A "deposit files" link and the file was no longer there. I did not see this one that alamerican posted
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Alright, I decided to go for it. I did a hard reset after backing up my files. Then I held the left app key and the soft reset key and I get a four-color screen saying:

Palm Tr
    IPL-0.20 (in red part)

Palm Tr
    SPL-0.21.0000 (in green part)

The word "Serial" in centered in the white part of the screen.

I did copy the file CHEEIMG.cbh to my miniSD card before attempting it, as the xda developer's forum's instructions say to do.

But it never asked for me to hit the "End" key to do the upgrade. And what do those IPL/SPL numbers mean? Does it matter where the file resides on the storage card? When I tap it, it says cannot execute or something. I also had it plugged into my charger, although it's a Treo 650 charger, as I lost my Treo 750 one.

Help! lol...
    I got the same screen. My miniSD card was formated to FAT. Reformatted to FAT32 and the update ran fine
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    here is a basic question... How does one format the Mini SD to FAT32
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    How come Palm is not releasing WM6 for the Treo 750 is the US?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edrego View Post
    I also uploaded the torrent to www.mininova.org. Do a search on "Treo750" and you will see it. You shouldn't have to join or post anything to get the torrent from here. Let me know if you have any problems.
    no seeds
    If someone is willing to share, i'd like a copy of the firmware.

rmcc4444 at gmail d0t com

Thanks..
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rycck View Post
    here is a basic question... How does one format the Mini SD to FAT32
    Yeah, so you insert the miniSD into a SD adapter, pop it into a PC/Laptop that is running Win98/XP/Vista and format using FAT32.

cheers...
    I'm tired of waiting for AT&T or Palm, or whoever to put the "official" WM6 update out. I went to the depositfiles link mentioned above. It's downloading now......however....the site was in Russian, and well, I don't speak, read, or anything in Russian. I do like vodka, but that's besides the point. Is the CHEEIMG.nbh file good? Is it in English? Don't want to brick my 750

If you can let me know whether it's a good link or not, or send me a good link at dmmcewen@yahoo.com that would be great.
    I sent you a PM!

I know, this delay is out of control. I bought the Treo 750 the day it came out in January and just retired it because I bought the AT&T Tilt. Don't get me wrong unless you really long for the features of the Tilt the Treo 750 is superior.
    I just thin it's ironic that I've already moved on so to speak before it's even released.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    I sent you a PM!

I know, this delay is out of control. I bought the Treo 750 the day it came out in January and just retired it because I bought the AT&T Tilt. Don't get me wrong unless you really long for the features of the Tilt the Treo 750 is superior.
    I just thin it's ironic that I've already moved on so to speak before it's even released.
    Hey Taylor,

So how are you liking the Tilt? I ordered one, too. Let me know if you want the unlock code. A couple of questions. How do you like the Tilt? At the same time, how do you figure the Treo 750 is superior to the Tilt? Also, do you see any must-have features in WM6 over WM5. Finally (sorry for the 20 questions lol), any idea about WM6 for the 750? It's mid-October. lol...
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Hey Taylor,

So how are you liking the Tilt? I ordered one, too. Let me know if you want the unlock code. A couple of questions. How do you like the Tilt? At the same time, how do you figure the Treo 750 is superior to the Tilt? Also, do you see any must-have features in WM6 over WM5. Finally (sorry for the 20 questions lol), any idea about WM6 for the 750? It's mid-October. lol...
    I understand you were asking taylorh but I want to chime in here a bit because I also just an AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser.

Treo 750 is great that it's really designed with one-hand operation in mind. I found that I have to slide the keyboard out more often than I expected with the Tilt.

The screen real estate, however, is no comparison. I didn't know how good a 320x240 screen is until I have the Tilt in my hand. Built in GPS is awesome. I tried Windows Live with it this morning on my way to work and it was positioning me accurately. The 3 Mega-pixel camera works great too and the user interface makes you feel like you are snapping pics with a 'real' camera. I haven't tried Wi-Fi though.

I know this thread is not about Treo 750 vs Tilt so I'm not going to go any further here. (I am having fun with the new toy, however!)
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post
    I understand you were asking taylorh but I want to chime in here a bit because I also just an AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser.

Treo 750 is great that it's really designed with one-hand operation in mind. I found that I have to slide the keyboard out more often than I expected with the Tilt.

The screen real estate, however, is no comparison. I didn't know how good a 320x240 screen is until I have the Tilt in my hand. Built in GPS is awesome. I tried Windows Live with it this morning on my way to work and it was positioning me accurately. The 3 Mega-pixel camera works great too and the user interface makes you feel like you are snapping pics with a 'real' camera. I haven't tried Wi-Fi though.

I know this thread is not about Treo 750 vs Tilt so I'm not going to go any further here. (I am having fun with the new toy, however!)
    Hey, thanks for your input. I kind of know of the form factor, as I had the 8525, and then replaced it the minute the Treo 750 came out. One-hand operation is VERY important to me, and so is screen resolution. I hope there will be a Treo 750 with WM6 that will support 320x320. I own a lot of different phones, and I have the Tilt on order already. I usually get them for a crazy price after talking to supervisors, but some people don't like to negotiate. I love it, though. It's almost obsessive LOL...

Do you have a 750 also? I'd be interested in what you think about Treo vs. Tilt.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmmcewen View Post
    I went to the depositfiles link mentioned above. It's downloading now......however....the site was in Russian, and well, I don't speak, read, or anything in Russian. I do like vodka, but that's besides the point.
    Click the English flag in the upper left. The file is the same either way. (English rom)