Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub View Post
    so, after I installed WM6, do I just go back and synchronize my files and contacts or do I have to create a new profile?
    u can...but some application still dont support wm6 so its better u still them one by one...or make sure on dev site that it does support wm6...i think thats the best way to make life less stressful
    Quote Originally Posted by wpy View Post
    Me too. MY TREO750 would sometimes hang during screen refreshes... Hope this get fixed in the official update..
    Hi,

I believe the reason is the lack of substantial free memory. I was surfing the net, reading emails, accessing my calendar and contacts as well as playing BubbleBreaker and noted that the Treo was getting sluggish.

Went to check the memory and noted that free memory was only about 5MB. Once I stopped IE, Outlook, Calendar, Contacts and BubbleBreaker, free memory went up to 17MB and the Treo was no longer sluggish.

Hopefully we can come out with a list of the programs or files (especially the AT&T related ones) that we can delete off and clear more space for programs.

Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    u can...but some application still dont support wm6 so its better u still them one by one...or make sure on dev site that it does support wm6...i think thats the best way to make life less stressful
    so there is no way to sync my contacts at least?
    Can someone comment on the free RAM available after the WM6 upgrade on the 750? Start-> Settings-> System Tab-> Device Information-> Hardware tab

What I would like to know is

OS Program Memory: ?
    Program Memory: ?
    Used: ?
    Free: ?

A screenshot would be great too if you have the ability.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    @ stroths, here's one person's numbers:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=63
    @g-funkster

That's exactly what I was looking for, but I'm a bit disappointed. The Mogul has about 25MB free RAM after a hard reset and was hoping that could be improved dramatically with a custom ROM. Looks like the 750 doesn't do much better, so it might just be how WM6 works. Thanks for posting the link.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    @g-funkster

That's exactly what I was looking for, but I'm a bit disappointed. The Mogul has about 25MB free RAM after a hard reset and was hoping that could be improved dramatically with a custom ROM. Looks like the 750 doesn't do much better, so it might just be how WM6 works. Thanks for posting the link.
    I dont think its WM6, I think its the lack of optimization. Palm tried to get away with a 32MB WM5 700w by optimizing the life out of the OS's memory footprint (I think also by using a lot of XIP). This failed of course, but they carried over the same work to the 64 Mb 700wx, which is why it has so much free RAM. For the 64 MB 750 WM6 they obviously did not bother at all, just like everyone else using WM5 or 6.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub View Post
    so there is no way to sync my contacts at least?

anyone? thanks
    are all 3rd party softwares that i installed will be wiped out if update to WM6?
    I tried the directions, but when i hold down the PTTApp button and pin reset, i do not get a prompt to press end key, i get a multi colored screen with a few thing on it and at bottom "Serial".

suggestions?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tom-eihpm View Post
    I tried the directions, but when i hold down the PTTApp button and pin reset, i do not get a prompt to press end key, i get a multi colored screen with a few thing on it and at bottom "Serial".

suggestions?
    Did you format your SD card?
    it already showed up on my computer as formated in fat, so i did't reformat.
    Quote Originally Posted by tom-eihpm View Post
    it already showed up on my computer as formated in fat, so i did't reformat.
    FAT32, not just FAT.
    Don't know if I'm alone on this but since I put WM6 on my Treo 750, I've lost the ability to access banking via Wells Fargo on line.

I have PIEplus telling the server I am IE6.0 but it doesn't help.

I tried a hard reset to see if it was any of my applications, reloaded PIEplus to tell the server I was using IE 6, but I still couldn't get in.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    that was it. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    Don't know if I'm alone on this but since I put WM6 on my Treo 750, I've lost the ability to access banking via Wells Fargo on line.

I have PIEplus telling the server I am IE6.0 but it doesn't help.

I tried a hard reset to see if it was any of my applications, reloaded PIEplus to tell the server I was using IE 6, but I still couldn't get in.
    Did you try clearing the Proxy Manager setting to un-force "AT&T Proxy"?
    tried with both ways.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    JGold
    I see that MS is still unable to get repeating alarms to work. They haven't worked since PPC 2002! Of course, it's just a matter of time until the notification queue becomes corrupt and alarms cease to work. I was hoping this was fixed with WM6 so I wouldn't have to install Alarm Today.

I too still have the "repeated alarms/no alarms/missing notifications/deep sleep" problem but I never was able to get alarmtoday to help either.... I even had the 750 replaced. I wonder if it's some other software causing this... trying to isolate it will be a long process since the problem only occurs after the device has be idle for a very long time (~3 hours)
    Will someone please send me the WM6 Rom file so I can join in on the festivities? From reading the forums it doesn't look like there is much downside to upgrading. I'm tired of holding my breath waiting for Palm to release the upgrade. I am looking forward to no longer having to use PDAnet to connect to the internet. Cheers!
    In case I want revert to use WM5, is there any way to backup the original ROM before applying the new WM6 ROM?