Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    JazJon, this is a leak update an not an officail relaese. many of the services are not working because they have not been officially released.
    Jazjon

I am hoping that the official release fixes the issue of being able to activate voice command via wired headset. Nice to know that at least 3 people on this thread validated that BT works with voice command. Hmm.. maybe this is an incentive to get one. What would you recommned for one that plays music and takes calls?
    Quote Originally Posted by adanm View Post
    What would you recommned for one that plays music and takes calls?
    Look no further than the Moto S9's. They are about as light and unobtrusive as I have seen (and used) so far. Plus, they sound pretty good too!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I am sorry if this has been covered but I didnt see it mentioned anywhere above. If I do a hard reset, will it restore to WM5? I want to make sure I can do that because I send in my 750 every month to ATT Cingular because its keeps breaking and I dont want them to claim this update would have anything to do with it.
    No, a hard reset - won't do revert it back to WM5 - you will need to flash your phone with the ATT/CING WM5 rom - http://rapidshare.com/files/16438750...ngular_ROM.zip
    JGold - you're in NY - I am assuming the city - after you updated to WM6 - have you being getting the roaming warnings - I can't tell if my phone is roaming as well - but I know when I trying to pull emails down from an IMAP server - I get the warning...

I am out in Holtsville - weird since I've never got the warning on WM5...

Carrier is cingular/att with a cingular branded 750
    I'm in California. I'm on the 310-380 network though my SIM knows 310-410 as the home network. My phone does not think it's roaming, but on one of my email accounts I get a warning when I hit send/receive "You're roaming and may incur additional charges."
    I don't get that message with my Yahoo IMAP account.
    I DO Get that message on the email account hat Seven Mail V.7 Beta created and maintains for push mail.

So I'm not sure if Seven is doing something to make pocket outlook think the phone is roaming, or if Seven is uncovering some roaming status that's suppressed.

I'm not even going to bring it up with Seven until we get the final release ROM.
    You can turn the roaming alarm off if you don't like.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I don't mind the warning - i am just being conscious of whether I will be charge their roaming rate - if I know I won't - I don't mind the upgrade - get my bill and see excessive charges for data - will freak me out - and to get cingular/att to credit your account - could be a pain...

1 month, 2 months - if an I lucky will be forgiven - after that I'll probably be on my own!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I have an unlocked Treo 750V here on the Rogers network in Canada. Will I lose all my data (ie Contacts, SMS) when I upgrade? If so what is the best way to back it up? I also have TomTom Navigator 6 and was wondering if that will still work after the upgrade.

Thanks for any help.

/alterego125
    There are a lot of people here looking to install this and expecting support. While people here and on other sites will try to help out you have to understand that this is not an official release and that your warranty will be void. If you do have an issue that requires support from your carrier or Palm then you will have to go back to an official release. Even some software applications may not support you on a pre-release ROM.

I'm not saying don't install it if you want but just realise that this is not standard or supported.

If you experience problems with an official release then you can unleash hell and brimstone on Palm or your carrier.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    You can turn the roaming alarm off if you don't like.
    I give. I've looked all over and I can't find that settings. Could you point me in the right direction? Is it in the email settings somewhere or some place else?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    I give. I've looked all over and I can't find that settings. Could you point me in the right direction? Is it in the email settings somewhere or some place else?
    Settings > Sounds&Notifications > Notifications > Event > Phone: Roaming, set Ring Type to None and uncheck the Vibrate boxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    Settings > Sounds&Notifications > Notifications > Event > Phone: Roaming, set Ring Type to None and uncheck the Vibrate boxes.
    Ah thanks but...
    That's the roaming phone call ringer, not a roaming alert.
    If you disable that then the phone won't ring if someone tries to call you while you're roaming (you'll miss the call.)
    It's just like Known caller, unknown caller, and the 3rd is receiving a call while roaming.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Oh, thanks, I misunderstood what that was for!
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post

You have to do it for every email account.
    email->menu->tools->options
    Click one account
    next->next->next->next->next->"email setup"->advanced settings

check "use automatic send/receive schedule when roaming"
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by romeo91003 View Post
    JGold - you're in NY - I am assuming the city - after you updated to WM6 - have you being getting the roaming warnings - I can't tell if my phone is roaming as well - but I know when I trying to pull emails down from an IMAP server - I get the warning...

I am out in Holtsville - weird since I've never got the warning on WM5...

Carrier is cingular/att with a cingular branded 750
    No such animal here. Not an issue.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepThought View Post
    As I mentioned before I had the same problems, but now I got rid of them by just doing another hard reset and selecting very carefully which applications really need to be installed in the build-in storage. My old installation had about 24MB of program memory left. Now after the hardreset and after installing half of my applications onto the storage card i have about 36MB free and now the Treo is much much faster and this shuttdown/powerup delay is also history now.

How much memory do you have left?

I will now try to stay always above 30MB free storage just to keep everything running smoothly.
    Care to share with us what are the AT&T items that can be deleted?

I only dared to delete the AT&T wave files (which was autoset as the Ringtone) and the AT&T.tsk theme file. I wanted to just delete the AT&T program folders from \windows\start menu\programs folder but WM6 gave me a warning saying that I was deleting some system file and that's where I chickened out

BTW, I'm from Singapore and am proud to say that I successfully WM6-ed my Treo 750v using a SingTel SIM card. Found the screen refreshes sometimes make the Treo seem like it hung but other than this minor irritation I damn pleased with the WM6 upgrade.

Cheers
  19. wpy
    Quote Originally Posted by abdulwz View Post
    Found the screen refreshes sometimes make the Treo seem like it hung but other than this minor irritation I damn pleased with the WM6 upgrade.

Cheers
    Me too. MY TREO750 would sometimes hang during screen refreshes... Hope this get fixed in the official update..
    so, after I installed WM6, do I just go back and synchronize my files and contacts or do I have to create a new profile?