Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Did anyone notice that when you poweron and poweroff is slower than in WM5?
    It looks like the screen phases-in/out instead of shutting down immediately.

Is it just my Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970 View Post

Is it just my Treo?
    No, it's the same on mine as well. Specially when powering on. I somehow get the feeling, that this ROM is not very performance optimized jet....

Palm Treo 750 (unlocked)
    ROM: TREO750-1.16-H3G
    FW: 1.47.25.00
    Windows Mobile Version 6
    CE OS 5.2.1239 WWE (Build 17746.0.2.4)
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970 View Post

Is it just my Treo?
    Looks fine to me. No difference at all.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    ixtab1970

You may want to try setting your brightness no less than 5 ticks from the left. I was having an issue where the device wouldn't turn off when hitting the powerbutton. It is also pretty instant for me. This was mentioned somewhere on the XDA developer forums
    Does this reformat "unlock" the phone's carrier, or is that an entirely different issue?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B717U2 View Post
    Does this reformat "unlock" the phone's carrier, or is that an entirely different issue?
    Different, yes, entirely! This will not "unlock" the phone from the carrier.

In WM5, on my Today screen I could turn off the window that said "Type a name or number"...

Not in WM6.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    In WM5, on my Today screen I could turn off the window that said "Type a name or number"...

Not in WM6.
    Are you talking about the Lookup field? Nothings changed... Same MENU | PREFs| Hide Lookup Field.

Also... Hidelogo still works...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjasjit View Post
    Different, yes, entirely! This will not "unlock" the phone from the carrier.

Would it be difficult to unlock one, do you know??
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post

Not in WM6.
    I had no problem turning it off. It's not in the today screen preferences.
    On the today screen press Menu>Preferences>Hide Lookup Field.
    It was this way in WM5 also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    Are you talking about the Lookup field? Nothings changed... Same MENU | PREFs| Hide Lookup Field.

Also... Hidelogo still works...
    DOH!

1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    MVT, I had trouble finding it at first as well. Too many menus, too many places to look!

I'm having no troubles so far. It's snappier than WM5 and I LOVE the fact that it tells me more about my data connections. That was always a MAJOR annoyance with WM5 PPC. It was actually something the Smartphone edition did better until now...
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Since my upgrade i can't access my proxy settings in connections???? Anyone know why? i can't get online....using TMo. Before i could view/access my proxy settings and now it won't even show up

anyone??
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Nice!

Two things I love so far:

1. HSDPA is built-in....love it!!! 876k using 1mb test file.
    2. The USB Sync cable charges the phone - no more dragging around the AC charger!

Last edited by mrjasjit; 07/30/2007 at 09:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelauz02 View Post
    is there another way of doing it with out resco??
    I have posted .CAB files here that you can use to set the internet explorer User Agent.

http://www.gadgetech.info/treo/hacks/registry/

Download the 3 cab files (or at least 2, the Treo 750, and either the 8525 or the Blackjack.) Throw them somewhere in your 'my documents' folder. I like to create a folder called /my documents/User Agents/
    Then just open up file explorer and tap on the .cab file for the user agent you want to import.
    Import the one for the 8525 or blackjack, and "Cellular Video" will work.
    Then Import the Treo 750 to return it back to the default setting. CV will no longer work.
    The .cab files don't install any files, they just change the registry settings. So there's nothing to uninstall.

Important: Close pocket IE after each registry change (press and hold "OK" and select 'stop.') IE will only read the new setting when you re-launch it.

I have also posted the .reg files as well for those who would like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by dartworth View Post
    New buttons when calling...

I love that blue background, do you mind sharing that .tsk file? TIA
    I think this is it. Just change the file extension from doc to tsk.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    I think this is it. Just change the file extension from doc to tsk.
    The one he is showing is not the ATT one...
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    I have posted .CAB files here that you can use to set the internet explorer User Agent.

http://www.gadgetech.info/treo/hacks/registry/

Download the 3 cab files (or at least 2, the Treo 750, and either the 8525 or the Blackjack.) Throw them somewhere in your 'my documents' folder. I like to create a folder called /my documents/User Agents/
    Then just open up file explorer and tap on the .cab file for the user agent you want to import.
    Import the one for the 8525 or blackjack, and "Cellular Video" will work.
    Then Import the Treo 750 to return it back to the default setting. CV will no longer work.
    The .cab files don't install any files, they just change the registry settings. So there's nothing to uninstall.

Important: Close pocket IE after each registry change (press and hold "OK" and select 'stop.') IE will only read the new setting when you re-launch it.

I have also posted the .reg files as well for those who would like them.
    Awesome thanks Taylor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by deemota View Post
    The one he is showing is not the ATT one...
    OIC,,,,, ya that one looks great. I'd be happy to get that one also.
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast