Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay, it's been done finally.

Give thanks to PPCGeeks user superevilllama for posting this.

Original Thread Here
    . (New Treo Thread at ppcgeeks.com)

This is a special tutorial for Treo users as I found this can screw with the Palm tweaks just a bit. Follow these tricks and you'll get this plugin and keep things like "dial lookup" and the in-call status screens.

Make sure you do a backup! This is an advanced (but easy) trick!

--> Download Zip file (sorry, has to be Rapidshare. Too big for TC. Feel free to re-host elsewhere!)

Simple Instructions:

1. Install HTC Home Plug Today Plugin.cab to device, not storage card.

2. Install SDK Test Certs.cab to device.

3. Copy contents of PPC Phone folder to \Windows and replace existing files.

Reboot

If you want to use US cities, copy HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml to \Windows directory!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Next, Treo specific information:

(a) You'll have a new plugin availabe called "Active Call". Do NOT un-check this as it could cause stability issues. This is a "hidden" plugin by Palm that needs to remain, so always leave it.

(b) You'll need something like SKTools --> Today Plugins for the rest. You can do this via registry, but I don't have the time/capability to explain that all. I leave that to you guys, lol

Basically, the HTC Plugin "pins" itself as Plugin number 0. This throws off all the Palm plugins, like on screen "Dial lookup", "in call screen", etc.

What you need to do via SKTools is to re-order the plugins as follows as well as "unpin" the HTC Home plugin:

Do that and maybe a soft-reset. Yes, you can keep HideLogo...no issues.

You'll have room for 1-plugin in addition to the HTC Home plugin, so be choosy!

At the end, you'll look like this:

Mini-Review:

- It's light on system resources
    - It generally works very well. The 3rd tab is a "quick launcher".
    - Obviously with our screen size, you loose some mad screen real estate
    - US Cities for weather is limited. I believe this list is "hackable". Add to the to-do list
    - There is a 5 tab version in the works, with Profiles and a Music Player tab
    - It seems to disable "vibrate" with the ringer switch (need to verify). I use SBSH PhoneWeaver for my vibrate/profiles and that seems to work just fine. The Ringer switch though seems to throw all into silence. Be Warned!
    - Overall, it's neat. Not sure if I'll keep it, but it does look cool.

Please post your experiences and/or any tricks you found!
    Last edited by Malatesta; 07/27/2007 at 12:52 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Another thing to keep in mind is that this has a carrier line under the main tab as seen in Mal's screenshot "Sprint". If you use Treo Alert, it will display the info there if you use the carrier line display option. However, it has less space available than the default 700wx carrier plugin, so it will cut off the end of the text.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...r-updated.html

Above is a thread I started over at pdaphonehome that details changing settings on the home plug. Some of the information will be different because its designed for the 5 and 6 tab version rather then the older 3 tab version. The weather format, for example, is a little different. I think the color and transparent icons would work with the 3-tab version though.

Below you can see the difference in how the locations are formatted differently

5&6 tab version
    <city name="Plano, US" loca="NAM|US|TX|PLANO" land="United States"/>

3-tab version
    <city name="Plano, TX - US" locationcode="NAM|US|TX|PLANO" />

Adding Your City to the Weather Tab
    First go to http://htc.accuweather.com/widget/ht...AM|US|TX|PLANO and change the TX and PLANO to your city and state. If it comes up then your city can be added. If it does not give you a long detailed display like the Plano link does then your city is not in the htc.accuweather.com database. You will need to try a different city or check out the next section.

Copy the \Windows\HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml to somewhere you can access it from your PC and make a backup as well.

Open it with Notepad and add your city in using the format below. It must be in alphabetical order with the other cities in the list. You can also delete out the cities you don't want.
    5&6 tab version
    <city name="Plano, US" loca="NAM|US|TX|PLANO" land="United States"/>

3-tab version
    <city name="Plano, TX - US" locationcode="NAM|US|TX|PLANO" />

Once modified, save and copy it back to the \Windows directory on your phone. Reboot and then try to change your city and it should be listed.

Changing Degrees to FahrenheitOpen the weather tab
    Click the City Name to bring up the weather options menu
    Click Menu-> Weather Options and change it to Fahrenheit.
  4.    #4  
    Great info Stroths!

I still haven't been able to get some weather on Long Island but I'll play around with that some more.

I replaced my icons with Schap's icons, which can be found here at XDA (need to be logged in to get the file). Just copy them over into \Windows and restart the plugin. These are much nicer looking, imo.

5.    #5  
    And even though I guess I'm the only one who thinks this stuff is neat...

Here is how to change the font color for the clock: Link/XDA

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    my question is, will the 4+ button version work with WM5?
    Currently only the 3 button version works on WM5. They are working on adapting the other versions.
    Ok i installed this, everything went ok EXCEPT, i downloaded this SKtools and I couldnt find software folder Under local machines...so i tried phm reg edit found the software folder found all that stuff but couldnt find a way to reorder the plug ins and dont know what person meant by UNPIN???? can someone please give me elaborate detail and tell me if i dont fix this what will happen???
    ok i really need help...nice that u guys post up all these tweaks but apparently I always run into errors like a mofo...on restart i keep getting a pop up error that says cannot execute windows/pocketnotify.exe and that wont go away...PLUS wen i copied the picture files from xda directly into windows folder I kept getting a billions pop ups saying I could not copy or move them....So can someone IM me on AIM smoothtalker1982 and help me out cause I LOVE the way it looks but i cant get this dam thing working right n its annoying me
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    Ok i installed this, everything went ok EXCEPT, i downloaded this SKtools and I couldnt find software folder Under local machines...so i tried phm reg edit found the software folder found all that stuff but couldnt find a way to reorder the plug ins and dont know what person meant by UNPIN???? can someone please give me elaborate detail and tell me if i dont fix this what will happen???
    SKTools --> View (left soft key) --> Maintence --> Today Plugins

Use your stylus on each plugin to "unpin" the HTC Home Plugin e.g hold down the stylus to bring up the context menu.

Do this also for under the "Order" menu item to reorder the plugins (up or down).

I went to add remove for now and took out sktools and the program and under today plug in, it still has the active call and a check in it, i cant remmeber but was that always there? am I stuck with this or should i just hard reset ?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    this is awesome, but one you do this can you revert back to the original...or the only way is to do a hard reset...also are we able to use total commander or regedit to reorder the today stuff in the reg....or sktools is the only one that can do that...
  13.    #13  
    I have no idea about uninstalling and what happens, hence why I said to have a backup

Presumably, this installs some files to \Windows so you'll have to delete those to return to normal or just do a hard-reset.

As mentioned in (a) in my first post, this now shows the hidden plugin "Active Call", do not uncheck it though. I'm not sure about how to re-hide it again.

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    as for sktools can this be done with total commander and or regedit???
    For those with WM6 on the Treo 750, you should check out the 6 button version. I would suggest the HTC Home Customizer version at the link below. You must be logged in to see the download link. This version requires WM6.

http://ppcgeeks.com/update-htc-home-...her-t7086.html
    Hi, Does somebody knows why it didn't worked with my Treo 700wx? I installed all as described here but I only get an empty big square in my screen... the name of the plugin even appears on my today congifuration but I cannot make it work

regards
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    could someone help me. i dont know why but whenever i answer a call, or make one, i cant see the in call screen anymore. i did the changes using sk tools, but it still doesnt show. i see that it's there, but it looks like it's hiding behind the htc home plugin. please let me know if it's just me that this is happening to
    This looks so sick, but I just got my mobile shell the way I want it. Man, I may try it anyway... I'm such a glutton for punishment! Thanks Mal!
    END OF LINE
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    This looks so sick, but I just got my mobile shell the way I want it. Man, I may try it anyway... I'm such a glutton for punishment! Thanks Mal!
    I think MobileShell is better too, but this is a nice free option for those who don't want to shell (ooo..bad pun) out the money.

Quote Originally Posted by lilivo View Post
    could someone help me. i dont know why but whenever i answer a call, or make one, i cant see the in call screen anymore. i did the changes using sk tools, but it still doesnt show. i see that it's there, but it looks like it's hiding behind the htc home plugin. please let me know if it's just me that this is happening to
    Yeah, this is very tricky on the Treo.

All I can say is you have to follow my instructions exactly. Do that and experiment with the ordering/pinning thing. It's sort of a pain but you should be able to get it to work.

I wish I could .cab it with the necessary reg changes but I'm useless in that department

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I think MobileShell is better too, but this is a nice free option for those who don't want to shell (ooo..bad pun) out the money.

Yeah, this is very tricky on the Treo.

All I can say is you have to follow my instructions exactly. Do that and experiment with the ordering/pinning thing. It's sort of a pain but you should be able to get it to work.

I wish I could .cab it with the necessary reg changes but I'm useless in that department
    yea, i figured out how to make it work, i have to unpin the dial lookup field. but after i unpinned it, it seemed like my phone didnt like that much. i had to soft reset and then it just bricked the phone alltogether. i dont know what to do now. could you tell me which ones are pinned on yours? i really appreciate your help.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast