Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    ...that will brick your device!...
    Quote Originally Posted by lilivo View Post
    ...it bricked my phone...
    This is just a small terminology correction. "Bricking" one's phone means you've done something unrecoverable so that it is like a brick; it is now little more than a paperweight.

If you can get your phone back into working order, you have not "bricked" your phone. You may have "locked" it up so that it is non-functional, but if you can recover, it is not "bricked."

It is difficult, if not impossible, to "brick" a phone without mucking about with the ROM. If you do not change the ROM, a hard reset will bring the phone back to life unless you have hardware issue.
    ok this seems to be kinda working for me....the verizon wireless (not the one in htc plugin), the one where bluetooth and broadcast location icons is wont disappear and the type a name or number thing still appears.

fyi...i used sk tools to unpin but since it was demo i couldnt see all entries so i couldnt move the order around. i dont know if that affected it or not. i did wat that guy said to do in registry instead. is there a way to move order in a reg editor. also it kept my background. how do i get that green background?
    ok...so i was able to get rid of the verizon logo and type number or name thing by disabling dial lookup, but i dont want to keep that disabled since directions say that's a no no. now the problem i get with that is that i can't type a name or number i want to dial from home screen even if i did keep it disabled.

correct me if i am wrong but i see that you keep dial lookup enabled in the directions and it does not appear visually on the htc home screen. i am assuming that you are still able to type out name or number with that enabled?

so basically i am just asking how i can enable dial look up without it appearing on the htc homescreen like the original directions show. i just want to have the htc homescreen and be able to type a name or number without going into contacts.

i would even be open to have the dial lookup field below the htc homescreen but the today settings wont let me move it down.

any help is greatly appreciated thanks guys.
    Last edited by djcyph; 11/27/2007 at 01:46 AM.
    ok i am sorry for the multiple threads but i figured it out and instead of deleting my threads i figured id leave them in case anyone else has same problems or made stupid mistakes like i did.

so i totally forgot about the hide lookup field option. and then i realized the only other thing i had to do was d/l the hidelogo cab. im assuming the green background is just a theme.

everything works great now just follow instructions to a t!

thanks
    So... The thread at PPCGeeks now contains a 6 tab cab install that works on WM5. Has anyone given this a try on the Treo?

PPCGeeks Thread

I'm going to take a chance and run it and see if it works.

I'll let you all know how that goes.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    OK... It works like a charm... However, I'm having an issue with the 5th tab which is a music player tab. I'm looking into that now.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    OK... It works like a charm... However, I'm having an issue with the 5th tab which is a music player tab. I'm looking into that now.
    I had the same problem. Please let me know if you are able to figure it out. Right now I just have that tab hidden so I don't see it with the HTC Customizer.

~J
    Quote Originally Posted by NBAJ2K View Post
    I had the same problem. Please let me know if you are able to figure it out. Right now I just have that tab hidden so I don't see it with the HTC Customizer.

~J
    Hmmmm... No dice... I'll keep trying though.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

I installers the 6 Tab version and same issue with the music tab. I would love if that tab could link to TCPMP) still have to do a little tweaking and testing to get my active call working right but I love the way this looks and works so far.
    I ended up switching the default media player to WMP in the reg edit. I haven't tried using it through the htc interface, but it launches properly when I click on "Launch media player".

My only problem with the plugin, is now I can't see my daily calendar events, which may be a deal breaker for me... Which is unfortunate, because it's quite pretty and I love the functionality of the rest of it...
    Quote Originally Posted by thepuzzlemaster View Post
    My only problem with the plugin, is now I can't see my daily calendar
    I know how you feel... I haven't decided if I'm going to keep it or not, either. However, my phone sure looks pretty for the time being... LOL

Here are some screenies:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gksmithlcw; 07/08/2008 at 11:26 AM.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

So theres no way to view the calendar events on the today screen?
    You can have whatever you want on your today screen. However, this plugin takes up most of the screen so having a larger plugin like the Calendar plugin gives you a scrollbar for which many don't care. If you're OK with the scrollbar however then you can have everything you want.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

I didn't have any scrollbars at all on my today screen. Even with multiple other plugins active... I think HTC plugin removes the scrollbar from the today screen. I ended up removing it in the long run... I need a phone that functions the way I want it to, before I have a phone that looks real pretty... Even if it looked really really pretty... Perhaps if I had a 320X240 screen, I'd keep it... But just couldn't justify losing my calendar for the prettiness of it.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    First post here I think???

Does anyone have any "updated" and current info on these settings???

I have spent waay too much time working on these settings and tweaks, and just can't get things to work correctly.

I have the WM6 on a Treo 750.

Can't get the Active call to work correctly no matter what I try.
    Always get Storage card message and soft reset (like I've just inserted a Storage card) annoying.

If I can get the Active call screen, hide the Carrier logo(no hidelogo no longer works,causes reboot loop) and a few other little minor issue, this would rock!

Any help or link to "current" WM6 info is much apprciated!
    I know this is a 700 thread, but all searches lead to here...
    thanks,
    jbstix
    jbstix
    Moto V551>>Treo 650>>8525>>
    Treo 750 - WM6!
    Ye, for windows media player,etc... you can make it launch when you click on the button but i'm currently trying to figure out how to make the song information show up on the screen.

I looked into the HTCHomePlugin.DLL to see exactly what is going on, and this is what i found.

FROM DLL:
    s e t t i n g v o l u m n a v a i l a b l e t i t l e a r t i s t a l b u m p o s i t i o n s t a t u s \ S o f t w a r e \ H T C \ A u d i o M a n a g e r \ i n f o r m a t i o n W m p P l u g i n T o d a y C l a s s W m p M s g R e q u e s t &d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-%d- &d-> > > A c W m p : : I s A c t i v e ( % d ) [ W a r n i n g ] N o W M P P l u g - i n ! A c W m p : : R e q u e s t ( % d ) A c W m p : : U p d a t e I n f o ( ) F a i l e d ! ! ! > > > A c W m p : : U p d a t e I n f o ( ) A c W m p : : G e t S t a t u s F a i l e d ! ! ! A c W m p : : G e t S t a t u s ( % d ) A c W m p : : G e t T i t l e F a i l e d ! ! ! A c W m p : : G e t T i t l e ( % s ) A c W m p : : G e t A l b u m F a i l e d ! ! ! A c W m p : : G e t A l b u m ( % s ) A c W m p : : G e t A r t i s t F a i l e d ! ! ! A c W m p : : G e t A r t i s t ( % s ) A c W m p : : G e t F i l e P a t h F a i l e d ! ! ! A c W m p : : G e t F i l e P a t h ( % s ) A c W m p : : G e t P l a y L i s t A v a i l a b l e F a i l e d ! ! ! A c W m p : : G e t P l a y L i s t A v a i l a b l e ( % d ) A c W m p : : G e t V o l u m e F a i l e d ! ! ! A c W m p : : G e t V o l u m e ( % d ) A c W m p : : G e t M u t e F a i l e d ! ! ! A c W m p : : G e t M u t e ( % d ) A c W m p : : G e t D u r a t i o n F a i l e d ! ! ! A c W m p : : G e t D u r a t i o n ( % d ) A c W m p : : G e t F o r w a r d F a i l e d ! ! ! A c W m p : : G e t F o r w a r d ( % d ) A c W m p : : G e t R e w i n d F a i l e d ! ! ! A c W m p : : G e t R e w i n d ( % d ) A c W m p : : G e t P o s i t i o n F a i l e d ! ! ! A c W m p : : G e t P o s i t i o n ( % d ) F i n d w W M P T h r e a d F i n d W M P M u s i c P l a y e r H o m e W n d : : I s D i s p l a y O f f ( ) F a i l l e d ! ! M u s i c P l a y e r H o m e W n d : : I s D i s p l a y O f f ( ) : % d M u s i c P l a y e r H o m e W n d : : I s D i s p l a y O f f ( ) : S t a t e = % d B K L 1 : A M M o n i t o r W i n d o w > > > A c A M : : D e s t o r y M o n i t o r W i n d o w ( ) A c A M : : I s A c t i v e ( % d ) A U D I O _ M A N A G E R A c A M : : U p d a t e I n f o ( ) F a i l e d ! ! ! A c A M : : U p d a t e I n f o ( ) A c A M : : G e t S t a t u s ( % d ) c o m m a n d c o m m a n d _ v a l u e A c A M : : G e t T i t l e F a i l e d ! ! ! A c A M : : G e t T i t l e ( % s ) A c A M : : G e t A l b u m F a i l e d ! ! ! A c A M : : G e t A l b u m ( % s ) A c A M : : G e t A r t i s t F a i l e d ! ! ! A c A M : : G e t A r t i s t ( % s ) A u d i o M a n a g e r d o e s n ' t s u p p o r t t h i s i n t e r f a c e = = > A c A M : : G e t F i l e P a t h ( ) A c A M : : G e t P l a y L i s t A v a i l a b l e F a i l e d ! ! ! A c A M : : G e t V o l u m e F a i l e d ! ! ! A c A M : : G e t V o l u m e ( % d ) A c A M : : G e t D u r a t i o n F a i l e d ! ! ! A c A M : : G e t D u r a t i o n ( % d ) d u r a t i o n A c A M : : G e t M u t e F a i l e d ! ! ! A c A M : : G e t M u t e ( % d ) A c A M : : G e t F o r w a r d F a i l e d ! ! ! A c A M : : G e t F o r w a r d ( % d ) A c A M : : G e t R e w i n d F a i l e d ! ! ! A c A M : : G e t R e w i n d ( % d ) A c A M : : G e t P o s i t i o n F a i l e d ! ! ! A c A M : : G e t P o s i t i o n ( % d ) D e l e t e P o w e r M P : W i n d o w s M e d i a P l a y e r D e l e t e P o w e r M P : A u d i o M a n a g e r "      , W M P M o n i t o r W i n d o w A c W m p : : ~ A c W m p ( ) > > > '8 $|H0 t,HDt&H> > > A c W m p : : ~ A c W m p ( ) A c W m p : : P l a y ( ) F a i l e d ! ! ! > > > A c W m p : : P l a y ( ) A c W m p : : P a u s e ( ) F a i l e d ! ! ! > > > A c W m p : : P a u s e ( ) A c W m p : : S t o p ( ) F a i l e d ! ! ! > > > A c W m p : : S t o p ( ) A c W m p : : F o r w a r d ( ) F a i l e d ! ! ! > > > A c W m p : : F o r w a r d ( ) A c W m p : : R e w i n d ( ) F a i l e d ! ! ! > > > A c W m p : : R e w i n d ( ) A c W m p : : V o l u m e U p ( ) F a i l e d ! ! ! > > > A c W m p : : V o l u m e U p ( ) A c W m p : : V o l u m e D o w n ( ) F a i l e d ! ! ! > > > A c W m p : : V o l u m e D o w n ( ) A c W m p : : M u t e ( ) F a i l e d ! ! ! > > > A c W m p : : M u t e ( ) A c W m p : : U p d a t e T i m e ( ) F a i l e d ! ! ! > > > A c W m p : : U p d a t e T i m e ( ) " ,
      `
       L p'|8T|HxPHX@d X',> > > A c A M : : ~ A c A M ( ) A c A M : : ~ A c A M ( ) > > > A c A M : : C r e a t e M o n i t o r W i n d o w ( ) > > > A c A M : : C r e a t e M o n i t o r W i n d o w ( ) C r e a t e W i n d o w ( ) f a i l e d A c A M : : C r e a t e M o n i t o r W i n d o w ( ) : C r e a t e W i n d o w ( ) > > > A c A M : : C r e a t e M o n i t o r W i n d o w ( ) A c A M : : P l a y ( ) F a i l e d ! ! ! A c A M : : P l a y ( ) A c A M : : P a u s e ( ) F a i l e d ! ! ! A c A M : : P a u s e ( ) A c A M : : S t o p ( ) F a i l e d ! ! ! A c A M : : S t o p ( ) A c A M : : F o r w a r d ( ) F a i l e d ! ! ! A c A M : : F o r w a r d ( ) A c A M : : R e w i n d ( ) F a i l e d ! ! ! A c A M : : R e w i n d ( ) A c A M : : V o l u m e U p ( ) F a i l e d ! ! ! A c A M : : V o l u m e U p ( ) A c A M : : V o l u m e D o w n ( ) F a i l e d ! ! ! A c A M : : V o l u m e D o w n ( ) A c A M : : M u t e ( ) A c W m p : : M a i n W n d P r o c ( W M _ C R E A T E ) A c W m p : : M a i n W n d P r o c ( W M _ C O P Y D A T A ) W i n d o w s M e d i a > > > A c W m p : : M a i n W n d P r o c : K i l l T i m e r ( ) A c W m p : : M a i n W n d P r o c ( W M _ T I M E R ) A c W m p : : M a i n W n d P r o c ( W M P _ P O S C H A N G E D ) > > > A c W m p : : M a i n W n d P r o c : W M P U n k n o w S t a t e > > > A c W m p : : M a i n W n d P r o c : S e t H o o k T i m e r > > > A c W m p : : M a i n W n d P r o c : K i l l P o s i t i o n T i m e r > > > A c W m p : : M a i n W n d P r o c : W M P _ S T A T E _ U N H O O K E D > > > A c W m p : : M a i n W n d P r o c : K i l l H o o k T i m e r > > > A c W m p : : M a i n W n d P r o c : W M P _ S T A T E _ H O O K E D > > > A c W m p : : M a i n W n d P r o c : W M P _ S T A T E _ T R A N S I T I O N I N G > > > A c W m p : : M a i n W n d P r o c : W M P _ S T A T E _ M E D I A _ O P E N > > > A c W m p : : M a i n W n d P r o c : S e t T i m e r ( ) > > > A c W m p : : M a i n W n d P r o c : W M P _ S T A T E _ P L A Y I N G > > > A c W m p : : M a i n W n d P r o c : W M P _ S T A T E _ P A U S E D > > > A c W m p : : M a i n W n d P r o c : W M P _ S T A T E _ N O M U S I C > > > A c W m p : : M a i n W n d P r o c : W M P _ S T A T E _ S T O P P E D A c W m p : : M a i n W n d P r o c ( W M P _ S T A T E C H A N G E D ) \ w i n d o w s \ w m p l a y e r . e x e A c W m p : : L a u n c h ( % d ) " ,  `   H A c A M : : A c A M ( ) > > > > > > A c A M : : A c A M ( ) \ W i n d o w s \ A u d i o M a n a g e r . e x e m i n i m i z e A c A M : : L a u n c h "   @    A c W m p : : A c W m p ( ) C r e a t e W i n d o w ( ) f a i l e d : c a n ' t c r e a t e a n o t i f i e d w i n d o w s f o r W M P > > > A c W m p : : A c W m p ( ) "   D       C r e a t e P o w e r M P : W i n d o w s M e d i a P l a y e r C r e a t e P o w e r M P : A u d i o M a n a g e r D L G \ W E A \ S E L C I T Y 2 \ T I T L E D L G \ W E A \ S E L C O U N T R Y \ T I T L E D L G \ W E A \ S E L C I T Y \ N O T F I N D \ D L G \ W E A \ S E L C I T Y \ E D I T 1 \ D L G \ W E A \ S E L C I T Y \ L I S T 1 D L G \ W E A \ S E L C I T Y \ F I N D D L G \ W E A \ S E L C I T Y \ T I T L E D L G \ W E A \ C I T Y S E T U P \ F I N D D L G \ W E A \ C I T Y S E T U P \ S U B T I T L E _ E D I T D L G \ W E A \ C I T Y S E T U P \ S U B T I T L E _ A N N O T A T E D L G \ W E A \ C I T Y S E T U P \ S U B T I T L E _ C O U N T R Y D L G \ W E A \ C I T Y S E T U P \ S U B T I T L E _ C I T Y D L G \ W E A \ C I T Y S E T U P \ S E A R C H D L G \ W E A \ C I T Y S E T U P \ T I T L E W I D G E T \ P R O F I L E \ R I N G T O N D L G \ W E A T H E R \ D O W N L O A D D L G \ W E A T H E R \ T E M P D L G \ W E A T H E R \ A B O U T D L G \ L A U N C H E R D L G \ C I T Y W I D G E T \ W E A T H E R \ C U R R E N T T M P W I D G E T \ W E A T H E R \ L O C A T I O N W I D G E T \ W E A T H E R \ S T A T U S W I D G E T \ W E A T H E R \ F O R E C A S T \ L O W T E M P R A T U R E W I D G E T \ W E A T H E R \ F O R E C A S T \ H I G H T E M P R A T U R E W I D G E T \ W E A T H E R \ F O R E C A S T \ D A Y W I D G E T \ M U S I C \ L A U N C H P L A Y E R W I D G E T \ M U S I C \ V O L U M E W I D G E T \ M U S I C \ I N F O W I D G E T \ H O M E \ B U T T O N W I D G E T \ H O M E \ D A T E W I D G E T % s \ % s \ % d L a r g e V i e w \ S O F T W A R E \ H T C \ H T C H O M E \ F O N T % s \ % s \ % s T a h o m a  @  t@  ?    ?   "?    

? ? l"? L   x   \ list<T> too long ?"? ?     x   A @ B@ Cf [ S t a r t ] < = " % s % s " [ E n d ] > " % s % s " % s A N D % s [ S t a r t ] = " % s " T P O O M M g r : : Q u e r y A p p o i n t m e n t s : G e t D a t e S t a t u s f a i l e d .
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Please help me I am stuck on "copy the content of PPC folder to /windows"
    How to do that I am trying to explore the treo 750 through active sync but can not find folder by the name /window. Please help
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Okay, it's been done finally.

Give thanks to PPCGeeks user superevilllama for posting this.

Original Thread Here
    . (New Treo Thread at ppcgeeks.com)

This is a special tutorial for Treo users as I found this can screw with the Palm tweaks just a bit. Follow these tricks and you'll get this plugin and keep things like "dial lookup" and the in-call status screens.

Make sure you do a backup! This is an advanced (but easy) trick!

--> Download Zip file (sorry, has to be Rapidshare. Too big for TC. Feel free to re-host elsewhere!)

Simple Instructions:

1. Install HTC Home Plug Today Plugin.cab to device, not storage card.

2. Install SDK Test Certs.cab to device.

3. Copy contents of PPC Phone folder to \Windows and replace existing files.

Reboot

If you want to use US cities, copy HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml to \Windows directory!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Next, Treo specific information:

(a) You'll have a new plugin availabe called "Active Call". Do NOT un-check this as it could cause stability issues. This is a "hidden" plugin by Palm that needs to remain, so always leave it.

(b) You'll need something like SKTools --> Today Plugins for the rest. You can do this via registry, but I don't have the time/capability to explain that all. I leave that to you guys, lol

Basically, the HTC Plugin "pins" itself as Plugin number 0. This throws off all the Palm plugins, like on screen "Dial lookup", "in call screen", etc.

What you need to do via SKTools is to re-order the plugins as follows as well as "unpin" the HTC Home plugin:

Do that and maybe a soft-reset. Yes, you can keep HideLogo...no issues.

You'll have room for 1-plugin in addition to the HTC Home plugin, so be choosy!

At the end, you'll look like this:

Mini-Review:

- It's light on system resources
    - It generally works very well. The 3rd tab is a "quick launcher".
    - Obviously with our screen size, you loose some mad screen real estate
    - US Cities for weather is limited. I believe this list is "hackable". Add to the to-do list
    - There is a 5 tab version in the works, with Profiles and a Music Player tab
    - It seems to disable "vibrate" with the ringer switch (need to verify). I use SBSH PhoneWeaver for my vibrate/profiles and that seems to work just fine. The Ringer switch though seems to throw all into silence. Be Warned!
    - Overall, it's neat. Not sure if I'll keep it, but it does look cool.

Please post your experiences and/or any tricks you found!
    Please help me I am stuck on "copy the content of PPC folder to /windows"
    How to do that I am trying to explore the treo 750 through active sync but can not find folder by the name /window. Please help
    i currently have a treo 700wx with sk tools full, i dont know what i installed to disable the active call bubble, but how do i get it back using sktools, any help is appreciated. i tried using sktools, but couldnt find out how to move it.....is it in the registry ??
    Can someone tell me where to get this?

a) You'll have a new plugin availabe called "Active Call". Do NOT un-check this as it could cause stability issues. This is a "hidden" plugin by Palm that needs to remain, so always leave it.

(b) You'll need something like SKTools --> Today Plugins for the rest. You can do this via registry, but I don't have the time/capability to explain that all. I leave that to you guys, lol

Basically, the HTC Plugin "pins" itself as Plugin number 0. This throws off all the Palm plugins, like on screen "Dial lookup", "in call screen", etc.

Okay, it's been done finally.

Give thanks to PPCGeeks user superevilllama for posting this.

Original Thread Here
    . (New Treo Thread at ppcgeeks.com)

This is a special tutorial for Treo users as I found this can screw with the Palm tweaks just a bit. Follow these tricks and you'll get this plugin and keep things like "dial lookup" and the in-call status screens.

Make sure you do a backup! This is an advanced (but easy) trick!

--> Download Zip file (sorry, has to be Rapidshare. Too big for TC. Feel free to re-host elsewhere!)

Simple Instructions:

1. Install HTC Home Plug Today Plugin.cab to device, not storage card.

2. Install SDK Test Certs.cab to device.

3. Copy contents of PPC Phone folder to \Windows and replace existing files.

Reboot

If you want to use US cities, copy HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml to \Windows directory!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Next, Treo specific information:

(a) You'll have a new plugin availabe called "Active Call". Do NOT un-check this as it could cause stability issues. This is a "hidden" plugin by Palm that needs to remain, so always leave it.

What you need to do via SKTools is to re-order the plugins as follows as well as "unpin" the HTC Home plugin:

Do that and maybe a soft-reset. Yes, you can keep HideLogo...no issues.

You'll have room for 1-plugin in addition to the HTC Home plugin, so be choosy!

At the end, you'll look like this:

Mini-Review:

- It's light on system resources
    - It generally works very well. The 3rd tab is a "quick launcher".
    - Obviously with our screen size, you loose some mad screen real estate
    - US Cities for weather is limited. I believe this list is "hackable". Add to the to-do list
    - There is a 5 tab version in the works, with Profiles and a Music Player tab
    - It seems to disable "vibrate" with the ringer switch (need to verify). I use SBSH PhoneWeaver for my vibrate/profiles and that seems to work just fine. The Ringer switch though seems to throw all into silence. Be Warned!
    - Overall, it's neat. Not sure if I'll keep it, but it does look cool.

Please post your experiences and/or any tricks you found!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123