Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am using the 5 tab HTC Home on my WM6 Treo 750...

I'm not able to hide the carrier logo though. Any thoughts?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by lilivo View Post
    yea, i figured out how to make it work, i have to unpin the dial lookup field. but after i unpinned it, it seemed like my phone didnt like that much. i had to soft reset and then it just bricked the phone alltogether. i dont know what to do now. could you tell me which ones are pinned on yours? i really appreciate your help.
    Make sure you don't disable "dial lookup" and "active call" in your plugin list (they will now be visable)--that will brick your device!

All I can say is having it in this order worked for me, but then again I have Mobile Shell installed, so I'm not sure what it should be like w/o it. Maybe put another app up to the (0) spot?:

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3. c0w
    right underneath the tabs, what plugin are you using to display the small bluetooth, time, and email icons?

Devices: HTC Mogul, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, mpx200
    Accessories: Spectec SD Wifi card, Piel Frama case, Globalsat Bluetooth GPS Receiver, Socket Go WiFi! E300
    could someone help me. i dont know why but whenever i answer a call, or make one, i cant see the in call screen anymore. i did the changes using sk tools, but it still doesnt show. i see that it's there, but it looks like it's hiding behind the htc home plugin. please let me know if it's just me that this is happening to
    I have the same problem - HTC Home screen is working but the in-call info that usually pops ups during a call is missing. This is a pain with email too cause the icons are not shown.

I uninstalled HTCHome and did a soft reset but the call info still wont com back! I wish I knew how to get it back....i guess a hard reset is in my future....
    Quote Originally Posted by saucycg View Post
    I have the same problem - HTC Home screen is working but the in-call info that usually pops ups during a call is missing. This is a pain with email too cause the icons are not shown.

I uninstalled HTCHome and did a soft reset but the call info still wont com back! I wish I knew how to get it back....i guess a hard reset is in my future....
    just got it working...had to pin the Active Call plugin. I guess HTCHome unpins it during install and does not re-pin it when you uninstall.

I have Dial Lookup pinned with order 0 and Active Call also pinned with order 1 and nothing else is pinned.

Now to try and re-install HTCHome and see if I can get it to work with the Active Call plugin pinned....
    Okay, after some trial and error I figured out how to get that "Active Call" screen to take over during a phone call.

1. Unpin the HTC Home program by going to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\HTC Home and change "Type" to 4

2. Pin the Active Call feature by going to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Active Call and change "Type" to 5

This should work. If not, post here and I'll look at some other settings that may affect it working.

Cheers
    Treo 700wx
    HTC HOME PLUGIN | THREADED SMS
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanity_x View Post
    Okay, after some trial and error I figured out how to get that "Active Call" screen to take over during a phone call.

1. Unpin the HTC Home program by going to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\HTC Home and change "Type" to 4

2. Pin the Active Call feature by going to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Active Call and change "Type" to 5

This should work. If not, post here and I'll look at some other settings that may affect it working.

Cheers
    okay, i did what you said, but i still didnt get it to work, i played around with a few settings before and found out that the active call plugin was being "blocked" in a sense because the dial lookup was blocking it because it was pinned. i unpinned it and it bricked my phone. man i dont know what i need to do. what exactly do you have pinned and what dont you have pinned, and in what order. if you dont mind sharing.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    okay finally, i got it working, i did what urbanit_x suggested and eventually it worked, but it had the active call screen jumping all over the screen. so i left the registry settings the same, but unpinned it using sk tools, and moved it to the last item on the today screen (for me it's number it's number 4) and pinned it there. so now it pops up as it did before, from the bottom of the screen. i can try to help anyone that needs it as best as i can, but mind you i'm not as tech savvy as a lot of these people on this forum, so i can only do my best.
    Is the problem with the ringer switch still going on?

Also if I am new to all this I am assuming this might be a bit much to try.

I really do not want to mess up my phone.
    I used Resco Registry Editor to make the changes. I tried to use SKTools but I had to buy a copy and I didn't want to do that, so Resco did it fine.

Umm... the only things I changed were those two things I posted up top. Other than disabling every Today plugin other than hidelogo and HTC Home, I only made those two registry changes.
    Treo 700wx
    HTC HOME PLUGIN | THREADED SMS
  11. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Is the 4 tab version available as yet for the 700wx?
    Last edited by Ya Boi D; 10/23/2007 at 07:19 PM.
    Okay, I can't get this to work. When I install per the instructions, nothing happens. Literally. The install completes, I copy the files, wham, bam, thank you mam, NOTHING happens after. No HTC Home plugin under my today items, no big empty box on screen, and no big large beautiful clock that I wanted. Any ideas?

I'm running the 1.15 ROM on Sprint, Exchange ActiveSync, no third-party today apps whatsoever, and I'm not squeamish about a hard reset.
    WinMo Veteran: Typhoon, Wallaby, Wizard, Hurricane, Tornado, Apache, Treo 700wx...

Reg edits are like haircuts... Best done by someone who knows what they're doing!
    Thanks Malatesta. I installed it on my Treo 700wx and I am pretty happy with it. But I am not sure how long will I keep it. It sure does look neat. I was able to hack the weather list to add my city,(thanks stroths).
    I just noticed that in HTC Home, I am unable to view the phone number that the call is in progress with.

After I hit dial, the phone number no longer appears on the screen. Also, when I key in extra digits like menu options for any customer service number, the digits dont appear on the screen.

Any ideas on how to make it appear?

Thanks for your time....
    Last edited by just4geeks; 10/28/2007 at 05:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by just4geeks View Post
    I just noticed that in HTC Home, I am unable to view the phone number that the call is in progress with.

After I hit dial, the phone number no longer appears on the screen. Also, when I key in extra digits like menu options for any customer service number, the digits dont appear on the screen.

Any ideas on how to make it appear?

Thanks for your time....
    i had the same problem you were having and i followed urbanity_x's suggestions. first you will have to either buy sktools to use it to it's full capability or follow urbanity_x's instructions to "pin" and "unpin" certain items.
    i had the same problem you were having and i followed urbanity_x's suggestions. first you will have to either buy sktools to use it to it's full capability or follow urbanity_x's instructions to "pin" and "unpin" certain items.
    Thanks lilivo for the reply. Also, thanks urbanity_x for your instructions. I uninstalled the HTC Home plugin and thought it would set things right. But it didn't. I will try to pin and unpin the items. I hope it works out well as it did for you, lilivo.
    It worked. Thanks lilivo and urbanity_x. I pinned and unpinned the Active Call type.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    can you guys teach me how to pin and unpin active call?

I have Resco Reg Editor, I'm be able to change the Active Call to Type 5 but that's about it, what's the procedure for pin and unpin??

thank you very much
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

At the end, you'll look like this:

Just wondering, what is the plugin that is shown under the HTC Home with the shortcuts? Also, how did you get that color for a background, and the black for the menus? Do you have something else loaded to change themes?

Thanks,

~J
    Last edited by NBAJ2K; 11/25/2007 at 12:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NBAJ2K View Post
    Just wondering, what is the plugin that is shown under the HTC Home with the shortcuts? Also, how did you get that color for a background, and the black for the menus? Do you have something else loaded to change themes?

Thanks,

~J
    The plugin under the HTC one is SBSH PhoneWeaver.
    I also believe Mal is using UITWEAKER to make changes to the colors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast