Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Just got a 700WX (previously had a 700W) and been having tons of bluetooth issues between it and my Parrot CK-3100 car kit.

1. While connected I hear crackling sometimes
    2. When not in a call and just driving the backlight on the TREO will just turn on for no reason (no calls/messages/no data coming in)

I did some searching and I guess there is a common TREO issue with the Bluetooth stack not working/disconnecting but I couldn't find a fix. The Microsoft site says its fixed and the newest update is at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

but I have no idea how to do these updates and whether they even will help.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Never had these issues with the W

BTW I'm not running any special applications, kevtris, cityid, and resco
    Is your unit updated to version 1.22?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    yupp 1.22
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamkpl View Post
    Just got a 700WX (previously had a 700W) and been having tons of bluetooth issues between it and my Parrot CK-3100 car kit.

1. While connected I hear crackling sometimes
    2. When not in a call and just driving the backlight on the TREO will just turn on for no reason (no calls/messages/no data coming in)

I did some searching and I guess there is a common TREO issue with the Bluetooth stack not working/disconnecting but I couldn't find a fix. The Microsoft site says its fixed and the newest update is at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

but I have no idea how to do these updates and whether they even will help.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Never had these issues with the W

BTW I'm not running any special applications, kevtris, cityid, and resco
    Those Microsoft Updates won't work for the Treo. Yes we are running WM5 but these phones don't get updates from Microsoft. THe only updates that you can get are from VZW and Palm. As for your bluetooth problem you might want to search for Jetware. It is a program that seems to help when connectign to car kits. Other than that you are going to have issues like the rest of us. Palm didn't get the Bluetooth right on the Treo 700wx. And that little patch update that cam out didn't do squat for us.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Have you applied the Hannip A2DP update? If so, it may resolve your issues. Do a search on the forums for A2DP.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I agree with eddie. Hannip's A2DP update amounts to a new bluetooth stack.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I think the OP is on the VZW network which would mean that he doesn't need hannips hack. If he had the 700w then he would most likely be with VZW. The Hack came from the VZW Treo 700wx.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx