Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    For all interested visit http://mobile.yahoo.com/go
    Even though it shows the 700wx as fully compatible, when I enter the http://us.get.go.yahoo.com address, it says "there are no plans to support yahoo go for your PDA"

Anyone else have luck with this?
    I kind of dislike these mobile portals although I use one of the yahoo e-mail beta versions just because of the almost instant page loading
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I get the same "There are no plans to support Yahoo Go 2.0 for your PDA."

Same ole Yahoo, Over-promise, under-deliver.
    Pilot 1000>Palm Pilot>Palm IIIx>Visor Prism>Toshiba e310>Toshiba e740>PPC-6700>Treo 700wx
    <a href="http://www.xianfox.com">xianfox.com</a>
    I was able to get the SMS link sent to me, but - I also get that rather rude 'there are no plans to support your PDA' response,

They obviously need to get their act together. Even though I've set up and have used successfully the new IMAP access to my free Yahoo, via Pocket Outlook, I'm still curious to see what this version of Go! will get us. I'd used that early beta version of 1.0 and ended up taking it off.

Someone get the cab file and post it!!
    It works for me but I have a 700p. I didn't realize this was a windows thread when I first tried the site.
    I tried it, sent them my number, followed the link.. but keeps taking me to the main page of yahoo mobile.. wont take me to an install page
    Here's the .cab file.

Credit is due to "TalynOne" from the pdaphonehome.com forum.
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...available.html

Attached Files Attached Files
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    The link didn't work for me either so I tried the cab file. It worked... Thanks Merovingian.

- There are settings for limiting night time connections.
    - Don't have to use the stylus at all. So far everything can be done using the softkeys and d-pad. Just remember to hit the center button for select. The OK button just closes/minimizes the app. The on-screen keyboard appears at times. (Ooh I just had an xv6700 flashback. Oh the pain.) Just type with your Treo keyboard and it disappears and your text appears.
    - Flickr integration is pretty sweet. It allows you to mark, name, describe, set privacy and upload up to 8 photos at a time.
    - Haven't gotten the push mail to work yet.
    - I'll try the gps option tomorrow.
    - Moving around the app seems VERY simple to me.
    - Task manager often does not show Yahoo Go as the running app. It shows the title of the screen you were on. So task manager may display Sports, Finance, Flickr and often just "Loading..."
    - OneSearch results are mobile optimized and reviewed in the app. Results can also be displayed in Pocke IE

Overall it's pretty sweet. There's a lot available in an easy to use package.
    Last edited by 1PTUser; 07/27/2007 at 12:06 AM.
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
    Hmm, odd as this may sound, i prefer the old Yahoo Go (before it stopped working), because the email part integrated with P.Outlook and had a little app running in the lower right corner of your today screen that monitored everything.

I tried the 2.0 version and push mail did not work (maybe not yet), plus i could only see two emails at a time on the screen (guess it's the 240x240 real estate) and it always had to be retrieving it on the fly (maybe i'm not setting it up right). If i'm in the subway tunnel and i want to check email, this would be a problem for me.

With the old one, all emails downloaded into P.Outlook.

The other features like one search, flickr, looking up addresses and push mail (if it ever works) are nice. All in all, a nice app.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    The website for Get Yahoo Go came up just fine on my 700wx with VZW. I don't think I am going to download this though.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    so is it something u guys recomend or what i see some anticapted problems here?????
    YIKES.
    here's a word of advice.
    this version just searches your online contacts and calendar. it does not sync your phone with them like the old version. I deleted all my online contacts and calendar so that there wouldn't be any duplications like last time. Now they are gone and I'll have to fiddle around with an export from outlook desktop.

I've fiddled with this app for about 20 mins and am totally unimpressed. It has a few features that are missing on windows live google maps, etc are flickr, news, traffic alerts, stocks, etc. It's extremely slow, on my wx and the user interface seems muddled. it has push email, which I suppose is nice, but you're stuck with using their software to read everything.

There is no integration with PIM data on the phone. Basically it's a portal to your yahoo web stuff. I'm a pretty big fan & user of yahoo, but I am skipping/uninstalling this.
    Last edited by littlewaywelt; 07/27/2007 at 12:51 PM.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    is there yahoo messenger on yahoo!go 2.0? i cant seem to find it. thanks!
    Rock on.. the .cab works fine.. it's a little sluggish, but still has some nice features.. I think I'll keep go 2.0 on my phone for a while
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I dont get it, the email doesnt work at all? whats the point of it then?
    I removed the email function...

For a flickr user... this app is pretty cool
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    does anyone have a copy of the previous version of yahoo go? Could you please email to littlewaywelt at yahoo dot com.
    I need to resync all of my contacts from my treo back to the online address book that I deleted.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Yes, if anyone has the previous product, please post or PM me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Hmm, odd as this may sound, i prefer the old Yahoo Go (before it stopped working), because the email part integrated with P.Outlook and had a little app running in the lower right corner of your today screen that monitored everything.

I tried the 2.0 version and push mail did not work (maybe not yet), plus i could only see two emails at a time on the screen (guess it's the 240x240 real estate) and it always had to be retrieving it on the fly (maybe i'm not setting it up right). If i'm in the subway tunnel and i want to check email, this would be a problem for me.

With the old one, all emails downloaded into P.Outlook.

The other features like one search, flickr, looking up addresses and push mail (if it ever works) are nice. All in all, a nice app.
    I don't get the push email. I went in to options and turned on push email but I don't get how it works. It doesn't alert me when I get new email so what's the point? It also doesn't seem to detect new email.

Also you can see your entire inbox folder. Just once you get to the email tab, open up email and it'll open up the full inbox. You can then select to view folders.

My take on this is that it's nice to be have full access to all of your folders and whatnot, but it's highly impractical for regular email reading. For one thing every time you open an email you have to wait for it to download part of it, then as you scroll it has to download more of it. I find myself waiting for it to download stuff more than I actually use it.

There is limited support for HTML email and attachments. Some seems to work, others don't.
    Also if you click a link, it puts you in to a "Yahoo mobile version' of that web pages. Of course when I click on a treocentral email link to get back to that post on the forum, it's all screwed up and it doesn't work. So for some email links it's nice, for others a disaster.

What I *DO* like is that I can send email from any account I've set up to be able to send form on yahoo. I can also multiple mails from folder to folder in one action.

Since Yahoo opened up IMAP to use with WM5, it's a much better solution. And with the (leaked) WM6, I have HTML email as well as full IMAP sync.
    Even POP mail is better than using Yahoo go for email.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast