Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I wanted to list a correction/I posted incorrect information.
    The new version of YahooGo does sync your treo address book & calendar with what you have on the Yahoo website.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    the treo 700 wx comes up as a supported device. i put my number in and it texted to me in 2 secs. i was wondering if anyone has used it and if its worth it. I use yahoo email often, but i have microsoft live search so am i going to have redundant programs running on my treo??

edit: I installed it and messed around with it, and for my purposes its useless. Its easier to just bookmark yahoo mail on explorer and check email. maps, traffic, directions, listings, imo are all easier on M$ Live Search.
    Last edited by Budhatouch; 08/02/2007 at 11:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Budhatouch View Post
    edit: I installed it and messed around with it, and for my purposes its useless. Its easier to just bookmark yahoo mail on explorer and check email. maps, traffic, directions, listings, imo are all easier on M$ Live Search.
    I know it's redundant in most regards, and I love Live Search too, but I'm gonna keep it at least for now if only for the flickr uploader, which is the best way I have found to do it thus far.
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Budhatouch View Post
    the treo 700 wx comes up as a supported device. i put my number in and it texted to me in 2 secs. i was wondering if anyone has used it and if its worth it. I use yahoo email often, but i have microsoft live search so am i going to have redundant programs running on my treo??

I'm only keeping it as a source for keeping my yahoo contacts & calendar synced with the treo and outlook as a backup.
    It's too slow for email and the interface is cumbersome at best. Even the news function and RSS stuff, weather...none of it is as good as any of a ton of free or pay stuff you can put on a treo. This software, imo, is ideal for someone that won't add programs to a treo or even use the browser, or uses a basic cell phone with data plan that can't do browsing and email like a treo. It's search functions are far worse and more cumbersome than either googlemaps or windows live search. And did I mention it's slow and cumbersome?

It does have a list of traffic problems "traffic watch" which neither google nor live offers. It has a sports section which can pull stories for your teams, same deal for stocks, but again, those can be easilly accomplished via email alerts or a browser. It also has flicker built in. The today function at the home screen has some neat qualities in that it puts your appnts, weather, area traffic, local goings on/events, and a city guide all on one spot.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    I too am trying to figure out what Yahoo Go 2.0 is good for.
    Email works better setting up Pocket Outlook to sync with imap.yahoo.com.
    Yahoo Go has "push" email, but that doesn't seem to work.
    Entertainment news? A whole tab for this? Seriously, are you kidding me?
    Yahoo weather sucks. It uses weather.com which is ALWAYS wrong.
    I also tried Yahoo Go 2.0 but I am keeping Yahoo Go 1.0.
    For email purpose, I greatly prefer the integration with POutlook of 1.0.
    2.0 is simply too slow and requires a connection at all time... not the case for me during my commute.

Yahoo Go 2.0 is in my opinion better for a cell but useless for a PDA.

Besides Flickr, I don't see the use of this app.
    Google Maps does a better job.
    Google Search or Live Search is pretty much similar and anything else can be accessed through PIE.

Yahoo Go 1.0 works again fine so I will keep using it for email.

YMMV.
    does anybody have a cab for v1.0 they can post?
    I am mobile right now, I will post as soon as I have access to my mac.
    thanks!
    I am having trouble uploading it for some reason.

I google it and found that:
    http://freenet-homepage.de/FreeCabs/programs.htm

Search the page for Yahoo! Go and the CAB is posted.

If it doesn't work, PM me.
    Anyone able to get the GPS function to work?
    here's another problem with yahoo 2.0. If you have more than one category assigned to a contact, it strips all but one category in the sync process.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brightcell View Post
    I am having trouble uploading it for some reason.

I google it and found that:
    http://freenet-homepage.de/FreeCabs/programs.htm

Search the page for Yahoo! Go and the CAB is posted.

If it doesn't work, PM me.
    it doesn't appear to be available on this page,
    Quote Originally Posted by tivoboy View Post
    it doesn't appear to be available on this page,
    Check your PM/mailbox

For others, I tried to upload the cab file but get an error message.
    Last edited by brightcell; 08/16/2007 at 11:01 AM.
    can I also get a copy of the Yahoo Go 1.0 cab file? I only need email integration with Pocket Outlook and this new 2.0 is way too slow for just email.

thanks!
    It took awhile but I did get GPS to finally work. It won't turn your BT on automatically (like Google maps or Live search does) to connect to your GPS unit so make sure that's already on and connected. I initiated the map and had to choose 'connect to gps' under options, and then press '2' to show current gps location. It's a pain really. and extremely painfully slow. It doesn't zoom up very close to my house like google or live search either.

The GPS loc icon covers half my house whereas live search, i could see bedroom i was in!

Verizon 700wx
    Holux M1000
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    thanks to brightcell for forwarding me the 1.0 go version, I'll try to put it up somewhere.

I did the install, but could NOT get it to download any mail. It shows up in the messaging area as yahoo, but no mail was received. Well, I did an uninstall. As of then, my treo 700wx doesn't download any mail automatically. I have to go into send and receive for each account.

I have checked that the OPTIONS for mail retrieval show, check every 15 or 30 minutes or so, depending on the account. check on the internet, but no mail comes in automatically.

Is there some other setting that the yahoogo! could have messed with.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I should add something important. Even though I am doing an install, I am getting an error sometimes that pops up that says

"cannot update \programs\yahoo\yupdater.exe

could that be why my BATTERY IS DYING IN ABOUT FOUR HOURS THESE DAYS?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    did you get yahoo to go to sync from your phone directly to the calendar and contacts or did you go through outlook first?

Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    I'm only keeping it as a source for keeping my yahoo contacts & calendar synced with the treo and outlook as a backup.
    It's too slow for email and the interface is cumbersome at best. Even the news function and RSS stuff, weather...none of it is as good as any of a ton of free or pay stuff you can put on a treo. This software, imo, is ideal for someone that won't add programs to a treo or even use the browser, or uses a basic cell phone with data plan that can't do browsing and email like a treo. It's search functions are far worse and more cumbersome than either googlemaps or windows live search. And did I mention it's slow and cumbersome?

It does have a list of traffic problems "traffic watch" which neither google nor live offers. It has a sports section which can pull stories for your teams, same deal for stocks, but again, those can be easilly accomplished via email alerts or a browser. It also has flicker built in. The today function at the home screen has some neat qualities in that it puts your appnts, weather, area traffic, local goings on/events, and a city guide all on one spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by citivolus View Post
    can I also get a copy of the Yahoo Go 1.0 cab file? I only need email integration with Pocket Outlook and this new 2.0 is way too slow for just email.

thanks!
    Dude if all you need is email, forget Yahoo Go (yes even the 1.0 version) and just go into Pocket Outlook and set up your mail account there.

Menu
    Tools
    New Account

put in your Yahoo webmail account email address, put everything else in, follow the defaults, and your free Yahoo webmail will be right there, just like regular Outlook.

Awesome.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast