1.    #1  
    I have a 700wx. The reminder notifications for both tasks and appointments have stopped working. Any ideas?

Yukoner
    use a tool like MemMaid or SKTools to check for duplicate notifications in the notification queue
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for this suggestion. It may work for Outlook 2000, but I have 2002 and it doesn't find the file.
    Quote Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
    Thanks for this suggestion. It may work for Outlook 2000, but I have 2002 and it doesn't find the file.
    One thing you didn't mention, are your reminders popping on your computer?

In case you didn't check the full M$ article it states:

Exit Outlook, click Start, point to Run, type outlook /cleanreminders, and then click OK.

AND

Exit Outlook, click Start, point to Run, type outlook /resetfolders, and click OK. Use this method if the /cleanreminders switch does not resolve the problem.

BUT do check the FULL M$ article article before proceeding.
  6.    #6  
    Popups work fine on the computer

When I go to run and type outlook/cleanreminders I get a message that Outlook cannot find outlook/cleanreminders

Same thing for outlook/resetfolders
  7.    #7  
    When the time for the reminder comes, the 700wx will light up as it used to, however, it does not give the audible notification, nor the "bubble" notification
    Quote Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
    Popups work fine on the computer

When I go to run and type outlook/cleanreminders I get a message that Outlook cannot find outlook/cleanreminders

Same thing for outlook/resetfolders
    That would be "outlook{space}/cleanreminders".

Although, by the sound of your posts you may not need to run it.

You might try (on your Treo...)

Start | Settings | Sounds and Notifications | Notifications | select Reminders | Set to: "Play Sound-Alert Beep", "Display Message", "Vibrate with ringer on". These are the default values from the factory.

-Frank
  9.    #9  
    Thanks Frank. Those settings are already there. I even tried to un-select them, then re-select them.

I downloaded a program from ScaryBear software that allows me to see what is in the queue and there are 14 items, most of which are from tasks or appointments that no longer exist.

As soon as I get a chance I am going to try the suggestion from scottymomo on the second entry to this thread and see if I can't delete them...hopefully without incident
  10.    #10  
    The free program from ScaryBear, "Check Notifications", had a way to delete the entries that were in the queue so I did just that and lo, and behold, the popups and audible notifications are back.

The program came with a caveat that it was created for an earlier version of Windows Mobile and also that random deleting could cause problems with ActiveSync to I will just keep my fingers crossed that I haven't caused any problems there.

Thanks to all for your input
    Yes, you need to ensure you don't delete a few of the activesync entries otherwise activesync will stop working completely.

Glad I was right

12.    #12  
    The only item in the queue I hadn't put there in the past was an item called calupd.exe , I deleted it and it came right back and is the only thing in the queue at this time. If I create a reminder it gets added and when it passes and is dismissed, it gets removed.

I'll try ActiveSync later when I get home to see if I am going to have to re-install that now.

Gosh I love working with Microsoft products
    Hmm...did you delete any notifications that showed REPPLOG.exe

14.    #14  
    I expect that is a possibility...I'm gonna be busy right?

Is the only fix for a deleted replog.exe file to do a hard reset? I hope not. Would re-installing ActiveSync put it back?
    Last edited by yukoner; 07/26/2007 at 05:16 PM.
    Here's what I did to fix the problem.

You have to remove expired notifications. MemMaid et al do not always recognize expired notifs. I used SKTools (you can also use MemMaid in advanced mode) to manually check the dates of all notifs. I deleted the ones from alarms that didn't go off yesterday. Reminders still didn't work until I did a soft reset. Now all is well.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  16.    #16  
    Thanks for your response. I used the free program from ScaryBear and unfortunately deleted more than I should have. I ended up doing a hard reset and found the process relatively simple and it cleaned up some other "glitches" I had as well.

Thanks to all for your help.
    I do a restore of only the SYSTEM from Sprite Backup. Fixes it every time, but still haven't figured out what causes it to occur in the first place.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I've tried some of these suggestions but no luck. Seems I started having the problem after updating Memaid.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    What is the final result for the fix to the reminder problem. I have read everywhere and mostly none of the fixes work. Yes they will delete the old problems and notifications, but it's so sketchy for a long term fix. Some of my appointments on Outlook sync over and the reminders work for others it doesn't. Why would some work, but not all? Anyone out there obtain a fix other than what's been discussed? This is crazy, I need my reminders to work.