Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I am contemplating switching from the Motorola Q to the Treo 700wx. The sluggish speed, poor battery life and overall limitations of the smartphone OS are bothering me. I have several questions though:
    1. 240x240 - The Q has 320x240 screen. Does the Treo's inferior screen make a marked difference when it comes to multimedia apps like Slingbox?
    2. A2DP - The Q has the great widcomm stack which generally works very well with my Motorola S9 headphones. Assuming you are using either Hannip's hack or a fully update Verizon 700wx, how well does A2DP work in terms of audio quality and buttons (play/pause, forward+back, etc.)?
    3. Ebay - This question pertains to Sprint's policy, but from what a Sprint tech told me, if I bought another phone and switched my ESN to it, I would be able to cover it with their excellent insurance policy. I missed the 30-day insurance window with my current Q. When I sell my Q, what are the steps I should take in prepping the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltem View Post
    Hi all,

I am contemplating switching from the Motorola Q to the Treo 700wx. The sluggish speed, poor battery life and overall limitations of the smartphone OS are bothering me. I have several questions though:
    1. 240x240 - The Q has 320x240 screen. Does the Treo's inferior screen make a marked difference when it comes to multimedia apps like Slingbox?

The screen on the wx is fine. I came from the Q and have never missed the screen resolution difference.
    2. A2DP - The Q has the great widcomm stack which generally works very well with my Motorola S9 headphones. Assuming you are using either Hannip's hack or a fully update Verizon 700wx, how well does A2DP work in terms of audio quality and buttons (play/pause, forward+back, etc.)?

A2DP works well, but not as good as the Q. You will get occasional studdering and the like which I never experienced on the rock solid Q BT stack. All audio controls work perfectly.
    3. Ebay - This question pertains to Sprint's policy, but from what a Sprint tech told me, if I bought another phone and switched my ESN to it, I would be able to cover it with their excellent insurance policy. I missed the 30-day insurance window with my current Q. When I sell my Q, what are the steps I should take in prepping the phone?
    Dont know.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Dont know.
    ?? That was an oddly ... useless post

I don't use Slingbox, but I find the 240x240 screen to be frustrating when it comes to watching videos with a 16:9 aspect ratio. This yields an effective pixel area of 240x135, which is pretty damn small for a movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharashii View Post
    ?? That was an oddly ... useless post

I don't use Slingbox, but I find the 240x240 screen to be frustrating when it comes to watching videos with a 16:9 aspect ratio. This yields an effective pixel area of 240x135, which is pretty damn small for a movie.
    my other answers were within the quote box. dont know why that last one was not.
    You don't have an ESN, your phone does. So when you get the treo you will swap the Qs ESN with the treos ESN.

Typically insurance can be added to any phone at any time. It used to be this way anyway. I would double check with Sprint however.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2