1.    #1  
    So basically, I'm fed up with my 700P, especially after moving to the MR.

How do you guys like your 700WX?

What's a good AIM client for the 700WX? I have a license of Mundu, hopefully it's more stable under the 700WX?

Threaded SMS. I love Palm's Threaded SMS. I see you have to hack the 700WX to get the threaded SMS. How fluid/integrated is it with the rest of the OS, since its "hacked"?

How stable is the 700WX? I had an iPaq 2215 and it wasn't that stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by coredump View Post
    So basically, I'm fed up with my 700P, especially after moving to the MR.

How do you guys like your 700WX?

Love it. As close to perfect as I have found.

What's a good AIM client for the 700WX? I have a license of Mundu, hopefully it's more stable under the 700WX?

I use IM+ by Shape Services. Its very good although they have not been able to create a version that reconnects automatically after a phone call.

Threaded SMS. I love Palm's Threaded SMS. I see you have to hack the 700WX to get the threaded SMS. How fluid/integrated is it with the rest of the OS, since its "hacked"?

The threaded SMS hack works perfectly. Almost as if it came preloaded. The only thing you cant do is scroll from the sms app to the other messaging functions on the phone. It is basically its own program.

How stable is the 700WX? I had an iPaq 2215 and it wasn't that stable.
    Although my soft reset frequency has picked up lately, the phone is still very stable.
    I've only used IM+, and it worked very well.

The threaded SMS works very well...I'm not sure what you mean by how well it's integrated with the rest of the OS, though. As far as I know, the SMS doesn't deal with anything other than text messaging. I mean, it shows up in your Today screen if you want it to, the left softkey will open the SMS, and basically you can do whatever you normally would do with it.

The 700wx is very stable, unless you install something on it that it doesn't like. I reset mine maybe like every 3-4 days, but I don't need to really.

I love my 700wx. It's the only phone that could keep me from going back to my a900.
  4.    #4  
    I use IM+ by Shape Services. Its very good although they have not been able to create a version that reconnects automatically after a phone call.
    wait, so the aim client disconnects after a phone call? is that specific to IM+? on palm, my client doesn't disconnect after a call

The threaded SMS hack works perfectly. Almost as if it came preloaded. The only thing you cant do is scroll from the sms app to the other messaging functions on the phone. It is basically its own program.
    Can you describe this more?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    I've only used IM+, and it worked very well.

The threaded SMS works very well...I'm not sure what you mean by how well it's integrated with the rest of the OS, though. As far as I know, the SMS doesn't deal with anything other than text messaging. I mean, it shows up in your Today screen if you want it to, the left softkey will open the SMS, and basically you can do whatever you normally would do with it.

The 700wx is very stable, unless you install something on it that it doesn't like. I reset mine maybe like every 3-4 days, but I don't need to really.

I love my 700wx. It's the only phone that could keep me from going back to my a900.
    Great. Thanks.

Yah, I'm about to call Verizon to buy a 700WX and eBay this POS 700P to some poor sap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    Hehe... me too. I used to have an a990... gawd that interface sucked! I have nothing against the VZW standard interface, really, but the one on my a990 was so full of bugs an deviations from the "norm" I was used to on the LGs that I couldn't stand it.

Edit: Sorry for this off-topic stuff, but I just gotta tell ya what it was about that a990 that especially drove me to the Treo wx. Before moving to a PDA phone I often would use the two email fields in the VZW interface for notes. Stuff like addresses and/or business hours, etc. (since the phone had no real "contacts" info other than the phone number). Anyway, the a990 does syntax checking in the email fields. It won't allow you to put in anything until the field contains an @ sign or a period (.). That totally eliminated the "workaround" I had become used to using to avoid the high price of a real PDA phone. Anyway, the rest is history. I succumbed to the pull of the Treo wx and I've been a happy camper since then.

-Frank
    Last edited by Frankxs; 07/24/2007 at 12:14 PM.
    Great. Thanks.

Yah, I'm about to call Verizon to buy a 700WX and eBay this POS 700P to some poor sap.
    Can I safely assume that POS, in this context, does not mean Palm Operating System?

-Frank
    wait, so the aim client disconnects after a phone call? is that specific to IM+? on palm, my client doesn't disconnect after a call

Can you describe this more?

If you open the messaging app on a standard treo you can cycle through your different email accounts using the directional pad. You cant do that with the sms app.
  9.    #9  
    ok. i bought the 700wx.

**** palm!!!
    Haha...I had the Samsung a900 for Sprint, not the a990 for Verizon. I can understand about the Verizon interface, though. It's quite annoying. However, Samsung's own interface is great, so the Sprint Samsung phones aren't bad at all.
  11.    #11  
    Question: Do AIM clients on 700WX disconnect when you are getting an incoming call?
    Question: Do AIM clients on 700WX disconnect when you are getting an incoming call?
    Disconnect yes. reconnect, no.
  13.    #13  
    Why does it disconnect? AIM clients on 700P do not disconnect?
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Disconnect yes. reconnect, no.
    Not true at all.

Octro disconnects on a call and then re-connects. Works every time.

You can also check under options to ignore incoming call so it won't disconnect.

Much better than IM+, imo.

Plus, you get AIM, Y!, MSN, ICQ and Google Talk (VOIP) which is awesome. Also, file transfers, send picture-in-chat, auto-login/out etc.

ps Treo 700wx is par-excellence for a WM device. You'll have faith in Palm again after using it. I recommend getting MemMaid 2.0 and SPB Mobile Shell to really make it shine.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 07/24/2007 at 05:15 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  15.    #15  
    Hmm, I guess nobody really answered my question. So 700WX doesn't support simultaneous voice and data? I don't think my Mundu or Toccer disconnected when I'm on my 700P when I'm on a call.
  16.    #16  
    Basically, I'm looking for an AIM client that will always be on, even during a phone call. Is there any such thing?
    there is no simultaneous voce/data on any cdma 3g network: its one or the other. this has nothing to do with the OS.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  18.    #18  
    Really? Damn, I was under the impression that my Mundu/Toccer client was always on when I was on the 700P. Oh well. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Not true at all.

Octro disconnects on a call and then re-connects. Works every time.

You can also check under options to ignore incoming call so it won't disconnect.

Much better than IM+, imo.

Plus, you get AIM, Y!, MSN, ICQ and Google Talk (VOIP) which is awesome. Also, file transfers, send picture-in-chat, auto-login/out etc.

ps Treo 700wx is par-excellence for a WM device. You'll have faith in Palm again after using it. I recommend getting MemMaid 2.0 and SPB Mobile Shell to really make it shine.

I cant figure out how to set up Octro. It must be the most complicated set up process I have experienced on my Treo. What the heck is a jabber account? Where is AOL?