1.    #1  
    I often have my treo 700wx in my pocket and even if it the screen is off, the buttons seem so hair trigger that the slightest brush on the buttons makes it turn on and activate things.

is there a way or program that will all the treo to not activate any buttons when the screen is turned off?
    Quote Originally Posted by eastbayarb View Post
    I often have my treo 700wx in my pocket and even if it the screen is off, the buttons seem so hair trigger that the slightest brush on the buttons makes it turn on and activate things.

is there a way or program that will all the treo to not activate any buttons when the screen is turned off?
    Keyguard?

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $only$ $buttons$ $active$ $when$ $the$ $screen$ $is$ $off$ ($and$ $you$'$re$ $not$ $on$ $a$ $call$) $are$ $the$ $phone$ $and$ $send$ $buttons$. $Not$ $all$ $of$ '$em$. $This$ $is$ $without$ $using$ $the$ $Keyguard$ $at$ $all$. $If$ $you$ $use$ $the$ $Keyguard$, $phone$ $button$ $is$ $active$, $but$ $you$ $have$ $to$ $hit$ $a$ $two$ $button$ $sequence$ $to$ $turn$ $the$ $unit$ $on$.

-Frank
    Yeah, make sure Keyguard is on. The End button, the Send button, and the Windows button should be the only thing that can turn on your Treo then, and they are pretty hard to accidently press. Also, even after you press them, you have to press the center key to actually unlock the phone, so it works pretty well.
    Although I believe Keyguard will do what you want, be aware, many of us (me for sure!) have an issue with Keyguard. If I'm on a call for more than 2 minutes and the screen goes blank while I am talking, and then I receive another incoming call but I ignore it, when the incoming caller "gives up", the Keyguard re-activates and promptly disables the original caller. This is why I don't use Keyguard at all. But I don't miss it. I thought I would, but I don't. The phone is reasonably protected from erroneous keystrokes when the screen is off even without Keyguard, in my case.

-Frank
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have auto-lock turned on after 5 minutes. Requires a few extra buttons to unlock than keyguard but it's safer.